• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Frances Bean Cobain.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm really interested in this girls type - probably because I adore Kurt/Nirvana! But, also, I find her quite an interesting girl. I don't think this has been done before. She's not that "out there" compared to a lot of kids with celebrity parents. But, I gathered what I could find that could be of some use:

Interview with Bazaar, aged 15:
Frances Bean Cobain, Kurt Cobain, Courtney Love, Musicals - Bazaar.com

Her older Twitter account RSS(probably the most informative):
Frances Bean Cobain celebrity Twitter - follow Frances Bean Cobain on Twitter!

Her note to Ali Lohan on Twitter this year:
Cele|bitchy

A few videos with her:
YouTube - Frances Bean Cobain - That's so GAY
YouTube - Frances Bean Cobain at Disneyland
YouTube - Frances Bean Cobain on TMZ

I remember reading a journal entry from her all about politics, and she said some interesting, deep stuff - stuff you wouldn't expect a 17-year-old to say, but I can't find it now. :(

Anyways, any ideas?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I wondered the same thing when I read Courtney Love lost custody of her. I thought it's a wow, they haven't had matching Mother/Daughter rehab stints?

She does seem incredibly grounded from all the craziness she's been around her whole life...you hear nothing about in her the gossip rags. Maybe that groundedness indicates a type? I'll check out the links later.

ETA: I just read some of her twitter feed and initial impression is IxxJ, leaning towards IxTJ

@vomitheart some people feel a sense of entitlement.I don't believe that one should be rewarded without tremendous amounts of work.

@vomitheart I don't think it has anything to do with opportunities it's what you chose to do with those opportunities.

this, is true RT @LadyBlownapart a lot of ur critics are in their 30s, unemployed, functionally illiterate and living in Mommy's basement.

THE POINT OF THE LETTER WAS TO NOT BE GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT.if all u note is the spelling and not the message then fuck u, stop following me

@rhettdavison i know nothing about the subject of entitlement because i don't feel entitled.Thus far i've achieved being the fastest sperm

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
LOL, she reminds me of Haphazard.

ETA: I just read some other stuff about her that I have to think about...I rescind my typing for right now.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
A few thins I've picked up: She often makes a point of how unlike her mother she is. Which, cough, I can't really blame her for wanting that to be known... :wistle: But, yeah, she mentions that a lot, even calling her Courtney a lot rather than mom.

On LiveJournal (wish I could find that link again), when asked how she feels about her dad's death, she was like "I have a lot of feelings about it, and I think you're an a**hole for asking" and refused to talk about it further. But, then on one question which wasn't actually asking about him, she was like "There will always be a piece of my heart missing without my dad"

She apparently chose to live with Kurt's mum, and has said a few times how she's the person she trusts the most, and likes how consistent she is. Also this: "hahha according to courtney im acting up. Is having a realistic sense of what information should be promulgated into the world acting up?" "or believing that devoting ur time2 ranting on twitter should take lesser priority then paying attention 2ur child or urself for that matter" makes me think she appreciates the responsibility of her grandmother, over her mother who would probably be seen as a lot more "cooler" to most 17-year-old's?

She mentions a lot how she's not done anything for people to be so interested in her about, how she was just the "fastest sperm" etc.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
What is it about society that makes them feel entitled to pry into the lives of others?

Courtney is a lost cause, always has been, and if it wasn't for Cobain, we wouldn't know she existed.

What would your type be if you came from a life that was shrouded in seeing one parent involved in heavy drug use, a tendency for violence, personal relationship issues, bad financial decisions, and the other one blew his head off... Frances is an INTJ??,... No...Frances seems to have acquired her fathers expressive philosophical like mind, and her mothers awkwardly colourful personality,... Nature vs nurture... I would type her as ESFJ.

unicorns

An S. An S fo' sho'.
I always thought it was a funny that her father campaigned against material, trendy things and believed in that so much, and she turned out so extravagant and hip.

Jaguar

Why does every thread I touch DIE?!

Considering you have made only 8 posts, isn't your conclusion a bit premature?
On a side note, your avatar is one serious nightmare. What is up with that?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever type she is she has a good head on her shoulders. Must be fighter. Good for her.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Why does every thread I touch DIE?!

That happens to me all the time as well. The threads I make die as well. Be happy, I will always be a worse topic killer than you. Like people don't want to reply anymore when they see I've replied.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
What is it about society that makes them feel entitled to pry into the lives of others?

Courtney is a lost cause, always has been, and if it wasn't for Cobain, we wouldn't know she existed.

What would your type be if you came from a life that was shrouded in seeing one parent involved in heavy drug use, a tendency for violence, personal relationship issues, bad financial decisions, and the other one blew his head off... Frances is an INTJ??,... No...Frances seems to have acquired her fathers expressive philosophical like mind, and her mothers awkwardly colourful personality,... Nature vs nurture... I would type her as ESFJ.

Calm down. Did you rant like this in the other "what type am I?" threads? The fact is a lot of people are interested in celebrities, and celebrities children. Of course I wouldn't have known she exsisted if it wasn't for her parents being who they are. I just find her interesting and this forum is about this stuff. :huh:

Fecal McAngry

I'm really interested in this girls type - probably because I adore Kurt/Nirvana! But, also, I find her quite an interesting girl. I don't think this has been done before. She's not that "out there" compared to a lot of kids with celebrity parents. But, I gathered what I could find that could be of some use:

Interview with Bazaar, aged 15:
Frances Bean Cobain, Kurt Cobain, Courtney Love, Musicals - Bazaar.com

Her older Twitter account RSS(probably the most informative):
Frances Bean Cobain celebrity Twitter - follow Frances Bean Cobain on Twitter!

Her note to Ali Lohan on Twitter this year:
Cele|bitchy

A few videos with her:
YouTube - Frances Bean Cobain - That's so GAY
YouTube - Frances Bean Cobain at Disneyland
YouTube - Frances Bean Cobain on TMZ

I remember reading a journal entry from her all about politics, and she said some interesting, deep stuff - stuff you wouldn't expect a 17-year-old to say, but I can't find it now. :(

Anyways, any ideas?

I don't know, may research more later. Daughter of a very bright & very troubled INFP and very bright & very troubled ESTJ; I wish her well...

Fecal McAngry

Courtney, warts and all, has shown more grit and determination in the face of adversity--much of it self-created--than 99.9% of the people I know.

To go on tour immediately following the suicide of her husband--which Courtney still blames herself for--and the death of her bassist was not exactly easy...

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
She does get to listen to My Hero knowing it's about her dad.

"don't the best of them bleed it out / while the rest of them peter out. "

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She does get to listen to My Hero knowing it's about her dad.

"don't the best of them bleed it out / while the rest of them peter out. "

Grohl says that song is just about ordinary everyday people, and how when he was growing up his heroes weren't famous celebrities but just regular, reliable people.

Courtney, warts and all, has shown more grit and determination in the face of adversity--much of it self-created--than 99.9% of the people I know.

To go on tour immediately following the suicide of her husband--which Courtney still blames herself for--and the death of her bassist was not exactly easy...

Wow yeah, you'd have to search far and wide to find someone that can play bass as well as that chick from Hole! lolz

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Grohl says that song is just about ordinary everyday people, and how when he was growing up his heroes weren't famous celebrities but just regular, reliable people.

Maybe he says that to let him rest, or it's about both. It opens with, "to alarming now to talk about." and that other line point to it being about Cobain. It would make sense for him to draw attention away from the connection.