• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donnie Darko

VagrantFarce

Good luck typing Frank!

Donnie: ISFP
Gretchen: ISFP
Jim Cunningham: ESFJ
Kitty: ESFJ
Ms. Pomeroy: INFJ
Dr. Monnitoff: INTP
Seth: ESTP
Asian Kid: INFP

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Donnie: ISFP

Wow - that's interesting. I've seen people type him an INTP, INFP, but so far never an S (even though I can see that as well). I think it's not really possible to type him with certainty because he's more of a universal type of a "rebellious, confused teenager" than a personality type. A little like Holden Caulfield - almost anyone can relate at certain age.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Donnie Darko is the INTP prototype!

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Donnie suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. This makes him difficult to type, but I believe him to be INFJ with an Ni-Ti loop.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that Frank was an INTJ, to complement Donnie being an ISFP.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is no way that Donnie was an ISFP.

INFP or INTP.

Yeah I know. I was going by what everyone else was saying.

I personally think INTP. But he really does represent teenage IN_Ps quite well IMO.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah I know. I was going by what everyone else was saying.

I personally think INTP. But he really does represent teenage IN_Ps quite well IMO.

I would be interested, though, to know why you think Frank is an INTJ. I honestly couldn't give him a type because I don't feel I have enough evidence.

I'm very curious as to your analysis.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would be interested, though, to know why you think Frank is an INTJ. I honestly couldn't give him a type because I don't feel I have enough evidence.

I'm very curious as to your analysis.

Well he seemed pretty Ni. And one would assume INJ. Seemed NT.

I dunno, Ni hunch on my part. :p

But I haven't seen the movie in like 3 years. So I could be wrong.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well he seemed pretty Ni. And one would assume INJ. Seemed NT.

I dunno, Ni hunch on my part. :p

But I haven't seen the movie in like 3 years. So I could be wrong.

I mean, you totally could be right, I just never thought Frank showed up enough to be typed. Then again, you could type him simply based upon his intense, quiet, creepy, seemingly all-knowing ominous presence. Is that INTJ?

I had just never thought about it.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My b, I searched for one before posting this, but if the mods want to merge it or whatever they call it, that's cool...i'd be interested for more input. I don't buy INTP for Donnie. His intuition was within his psyche and had little to do with external stimuli - Ni. He did have a very strong Ti though, always loved dissecting things and argued intensely about why they were rational/irrational. Perhaps ISTP?

Lotr246

My b, I searched for one before posting this, but if the mods want to merge it or whatever they call it, that's cool...i'd be interested for more input. I don't buy INTP for Donnie. His intuition was within his psyche and had little to do with external stimuli - Ni. He did have a very strong Ti though, always loved dissecting things and argued intensely about why they were rational/irrational. Perhaps ISTP?

I don't agree with INTP either. I think INFJ in Ni-Ti loop is a good bet. Ni has to be his dominant function with the visions he has and his sense of being out of touch with reality.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean, you totally could be right, I just never thought Frank showed up enough to be typed. Then again, you could type him simply based upon his intense, quiet, creepy, seemingly all-knowing ominous presence. Is that INTJ? I had just never thought about it.

Actually, I got ISFP vibes off the human Frank.
Frank the Rabbit? He's just a plot device.

As far as Donnie goes, I'm not big on an INTP read for him, unless it's the Ne part rather than the Ti part. it confuses the matter that he's on meds and been diagnosed with a psychological condition that drives him to detach; it means that any "INTP detachment" witnessed is not really his true identity. He always seemed to be more a dark brooding INFP to me.

I don't say ISFP because he's not in the moment like ISFPs tend to be.
Compare Frank to Donnie, and see how Donnie spends much of his time viewing life as one large image/tapestry and trying to connect it all together. That's N.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually, I got ISFP vibes off the human Frank.

Frank the Rabbit? He's just a plot device.

Yeah I was thinking about Frank the Rabbit. That's how my mind works.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
As far as Donnie goes, I'm not big on an INTP read for him, unless it's the Ne part rather than the Ti part. it confuses the matter that he's on meds and been diagnosed with a psychological condition that drives him to detach; it means that any "INTP detachment" witnessed is not really his true identity. He always seemed to be more a dark brooding INFP to me.

I don't say ISFP because he's not in the moment like ISFPs tend to be.
Compare Frank to Donnie, and see how Donnie spends much of his time viewing life as one large image/tapestry and trying to connect it all together. That's N.

My original guess for Donnie Darko was INFP.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How can anyone not get INFJ for Donnie?