• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donnie Darko

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Riva told me that he is an unhealthy INFJ but who knows.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got a Ti-Ni vibe from the character. Not that this means anything.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Riva told me that he is an unhealthy INFJ but who knows.

Did I? I can't even remember.

Hmm.. I can remember talking about the actor who played him.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Donnie - ISTP
Gretchen - ENFJ
Frank - INxJ?
English teacher - ESFJ
Science teacher - INTJ

I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of this film. It must be about different universes of time but I still have to watch it again lol

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's a pretty good time capsule of the early 2000s; kind of eerily prescient in a way.

I'm not sure how well it reflects the climate of the late 80's; I was too young, but it seems to capture the contemporary society of when it was made pretty well.

Patrick Swayze is a self-help author rather than a televangelist, but he matches up pretty well with Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My b, I searched for one before posting this, but if the mods want to merge it or whatever they call it, that's cool...i'd be interested for more input. I don't buy INTP for Donnie. His intuition was within his psyche and had little to do with external stimuli - Ni. He did have a very strong Ti though, always loved dissecting things and argued intensely about why they were rational/irrational. Perhaps ISTP?

INTPs have a subconscious Ni. In fact, it's arguably my strongest trait, but I am an INTP. They control their Ti and Ne mostly, but also have an unconscious Ni and Te in the works. Otherwise they would probably be too disorganized to function(actually, many of them sort of are). Yes. I think Donnie is indeed a typical INTP.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a pretty good time capsule of the early 2000s; kind of eerily prescient in a way.

I'm not sure how well it reflects the climate of the late 80's; I was too young, but it seems to capture the contemporary society of when it was made pretty well.

Patrick Swayze is a self-help author rather than a televangelist, but he matches up pretty well with Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson.

Yeah, I took it more as a commentary on the political and social culture of 2002 USA than of 1988 USA. I was 7 in 1988, so my memories of that time center more around Thundercats and He-Man than on Michael Dukakis and George HW Bush. I do however remember some heated debates between family members over Dukakis vs. Bush, not unlike the scene when Donnie's sister (sort of) debates her parents at the breakfast table.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I took it more as a commentary on the political and social culture of 2002 USA than of 1988 USA. I was 7 in 1988, so my memories of that time center more around Thundercats and He-Man than on Michael Dukakis and George HW Bush. I do however remember some heated debates between family members over Dukakis vs. Bush, not unlike the scene when Donnie's sister (sort of) debates her parents at the breakfast table.

I don't even remember Dukakis. Bush was the first president I remember. The first election I remember was the one in 1992.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't even remember Dukakis. Bush was the first president I remember. The first election I remember was the one in 1992.

I remember 88 vaguely. I have pretty good memories of 92. I seem to remember wanting Jerry Brown to be the dems' nominee.

96 is the first one I followed with great interest, although I couldn't vote yet.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I remember 88 vaguely. I have pretty good memories of 92. I seem to remember wanting Jerry Brown to be the dems' nominee.

96 is the first one I followed with great interest, although I couldn't vote yet.

I didn't really care one way or the other who won in 1992 or 1996. 2000 was the first election where I gave a damn, although I wasn't old enough to vote at that point.