• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stephen King characters

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Okay, I've got only one Stephen King book I like...

The Eyes of the Dragon.
Peter: ENTJ (again a perfect one... bleh! Where are the interesting fictional ENTJs?)
Flagg: INFP (yay, an INFP villain!)
Thomas: ISFP? ESFP?
Peyna: ESTJ?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Flagg has an instinct for mischief - he responds to his urges to visit Thomas, for example. His thoughts are turned and twisted like in a hall of mirrors (described in comparison to Peyna, who's very straightforward) and he can't imagine someone thinking straight ahead without hidden agenda.
He acts on emotions - dark ones, of course.
He is able to devise a plan once he sets his mind to it, true... but the motivations for his actions are hate and a desire for destroying, not personal gain.
He's good at playing on the emotions of people - casting doubts and fear.
As for Perceiving... he prefers to keep his ears and eyes open and act whenever the occasion seems good.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Flagg has an instinct for mischief - he responds to his urges to visit Thomas, for example. His thoughts are turned and twisted like in a hall of mirrors (described in comparison to Peyna, who's very straightforward) and he can't imagine someone thinking straight ahead without hidden agenda.
He acts on emotions - dark ones, of course.
He is able to devise a plan once he sets his mind to it, true... but the motivations for his actions are hate and a desire for destroying, not personal gain.
He's good at playing on the emotions of people - casting doubts and fear.
As for Perceiving... he prefers to keep his ears and eyes open and act whenever the occasion seems good.

I don't understand why much of this is deemed INFP and not applicable to other types.

More complicated is the fact that Walter (from Dark Tower) = Flagg and seems to be a different style personality altogether, this could be a flaw in King's writing (in terms of creating an inconsistent personality just to further his plot device). I think Walter comes off as far more ENTP.

EDIT: I haven't read Eyes of the Dragon recently, so my ideas of Flagg come from The Stand, where I think he was far more prominent. Sorry for missing that point.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've only read Eyes of the Dragon... From your post, I gather that Flagg is quite inconsistent. I'll scratch him and stick to human characters for typecasting.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
uhh, shit... i've always thought his characters would be quite hard to type.

the dark tower series
roland: i?tj ?
eddie: entp?

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
Okay, I've got only one Stephen King book I like...
Flagg: INFP (yay, an INFP villain!)

That’s either a joke, my friend, or you hail from the far reaches of the Twilight Zone.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Stand's version Flagg is probably IN?J. Well, he seems J once he gains power (which is most of the book), anyways. His years of aimless wandering might imply a some P tendencies.

It's been a couple three years since I read the Stand, though.