• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Richard Branson

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not my system, it's the system. The system that you pretend to master.

I don't pretend to master any system.

I don't ignore level of integration, that simply has'nt anything to do. Level integration is a mark of your emotional state and how much you're entranced or liberate from your acquired personality. The acquired personality of the 7 is assertive and positive, not reactive. At low level of integration, 8s tend to be sociopath, 7s to be narcissist, at high level, 8s tend to be generous protectors, 7s to be visionary humanist. That's what Richard B is.

Branson is like Gandhi?

Richard Branson demonstrates all the characteristics of the 8w7 at the higher levels of 8. It is the magnanimous person, almost always an entrepreneur, who donates large sums of money and time to groups of people. But he still stands apart from the individuals in that group.

KDude

I think both of you are consummate NTPs for liking this shit too much. :D

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Branson is like Gandhi?

Richard Branson demonstrates all the characteristics of the 8w7 at the higher levels of 8. It is the magnanimous person, almost always an entrepreneur, who donates large sums of money and time to groups of people. But he still stands apart from the individuals in that group.

Magnanimous?

The primal orientation of RB is to have fun and share that with others. His humanism is reflected by his optimism about about people "everyone can be rich, etc.", not to be a rigid perfectionist like Gandhi. He is orientd toward the future and leads from the head, not from the gut.

[youtube=5BrKiG1cUPA]Richard Branson interview 1998[/youtube]

Richard B is all about fun, he is strong but his energy is more a mental energy oriented toward making plan to have fun than physical energy oriented toward power. Being a 7 he has fear and nervosity but it's barely visible, he diffuse it having fun, joking and being pleasant and agreeable with peoples.

If you can't recognise that this guy is a 7, I can't do anything for you.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Magnanimous?

The primal orientation of RB is to have fun and share that with others. His humanism is reflected by his optimism about about people "everyone can be rich, etc.", not to be a rigid perfectionist like Gandhi. He is orientd toward the future and leads from the head, not from the gut.

[youtube=5BrKiG1cUPA]Richard Branson interview 1998[/youtube]

Richard B is all about fun, he is strong but his energy is more a mental energy oriented toward making plan to have fun than physical energy oriented toward power. Being a 7 he has fear and nervosity but it's barely visible, he diffuse it having fun, joking and being pleasant and agreeable with peoples.

If you can't recognise that this guy is a 7, I can't do anything for you.

Ah yes, one of Ayn Rand's villains used a version of that last saying: "If you can't understand it, I can't explain it."

I'm just going by type descriptions. Riso's are quite in depth. I've already watched the entire TED interview in which Branson revealed his 'magnanimous type 8' nature.
http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_branson_s_life_at_30_000_feet.html

Note well the following Branson statement (24:50):

"We're setting up something call the 'war room' to try to coordinate all the attack that's going on in Africa, all the different social problems going on in Africa and try to look at best practices."

The reason I'm taking so long to respond is that I'm reading type 7 and 8 descriptions, especially those that are integrated and moving to 5 and 2 (respectively). As I compare the type 7 descriptions to Branson I'm still not seeing him as a 7. At least we both agree that he is integrated. But this guy gives us an opportunity to examine the integrated 8w7.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah yes, one of Ayn Rand's villains used a version of that last saying: "If you can't understand it, I can't explain it."

If someone can't understand someting, that means that he is too stupid to understand, so I can't explain.

I'm just going by type descriptions. Riso's are quite in depth. I've already watched the entire TED interview in which Branson revealed his 'magnanimous type 8' nature.
http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_branson_s_life_at_30_000_feet.html

Note well the following Branson statement (24:50):

"We're setting up something call the 'war room' to try to coordinate all the attack that's going on in Africa, all the different social problems going on in Africa and try to look at best practices."

Richard B's life is the epithome of a 7: a gifted children and born entrepreuneur who is innovative and uncomplicated with loyalties (as opposed to a 8 who are angry and make a point that people are loyals to him and put them as protectors).

The mental fixation of the 7 is planification so it's normal if he takl about strategy, you did'nt demonstrate anything.

this guy gives us an opportunity to examine the integrated 8w7.

No.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If someone can't understand someting, that means that he is too stupid to understand, so I can't explain.

Richard B's life is the epithome of a 7: a gifted children and born entrepreuneur who is innovative and uncomplicated with loyalties (as opposed to a 8 who are angry and make a point that people are loyals to him and put them as protectors).

The mental fixation of the 7 is planification so it's normal if he takl about strategy, you did'nt demonstrate anything.

No.

You're not responding to the level of integration argument; or rather, you are responding as if all 8s are average to unhealthy (being "angry and make a point that people are loyals to him"), while you evade the existence of healthy type 8s such as Richard Branson.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Richard B's life is the epithome of a 7: a gifted children and born entrepreuneur..

A born entrepreneur? Maybe in the sense that Michael Jordan is a "born basketball player." But gifted? No. Branson denies this in the TED interview. Not only was he a slacker in school, he simply did not understand the subjects in school. He may have been gifted with "adhd" and profound inattentiveness.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're not responding to the level of integration argument; or rather, you are responding as if all 8s are average to unhealthy (being "angry and make a point that people are loyals to him"), while you evade the existence of healthy type 8s such as Richard Branson.

No, the "healthy/unhealthy" shit has nothing to do with that. 8w7 who are integrated in 2 are not nice, mental and nervous like he is.

Barry White, James Brown, Barbara Walters and Courtney Love are examples of 8s integrated in 2, they take pride to be positive, seducive, possibly helpful and approchable, but they don't spend too much time thinking, they are not mental and nervous, they lead from the body, a strong and relentless energy from the body, speech commes naturally and they don't need to be funny as a defense mechanism.

[youtube=TwnnyXSt908]A RARE BARRY WHITE INTERVIEW[/youtube]
[youtube=vfHB3By9Qrs]Larry King Interviews James Brown about Henry Stone[/youtube]
[youtube=myUraxb_fbY]Barbara Walters - Exclusive Video Interview[/youtube]
[youtube=qGkOlANTeEQ]COURTNEY LOVE PART 2[/youtube]

See the differences, and learn.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A born entrepreneur? Maybe in the sense that Michael Jordan is a "born basketball player." But gifted? No. Branson denies this in the TED interview. Not only was he a slacker in school, he simply did not understand the subjects in school. He may have been gifted with "adhd" and profound inattentiveness.

ADHD and profound inattentiveness are others clues that he is a 7. I did'nt say he was "gifted" in the scholar sense, but because he has mental agility and was witty like a typycal 7. I don't think he has a very big IQ, though it's probably somewhat above average.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ADHD and profound inattentiveness are others clues that he is a 7. I did'nt say he was "gifted" in the scholar sense, but because he has mental agility and was witty like a typycal 7. I don't think he has a very big IQ, though it's probably somewhat above average.

Maybe, maybe not. There is no correlation between adhd and type.

I knew a kid in grade school who was gifted at shitting himself in class.

I didn't say Branson is integrated at 2; he is a higher level 8, but of course there are 2-like aspects. The higher 8 lacks the personal touch of the 2. Recall where I said above that Branson stays separate and impersonal from the groups he helps. The integrated 8 at 2 doesn't sit in his "war room" like a general staying aloof from the fray.

Combining the two posts: Barbara Walters is a type 2. James Brown might be the integrated 8 example you're looking for. Barry White doesn't come across as particularly integrated. I think it's strange that people see Courtney Love as an 8, she might be just a disintegrated 7, there's nothing 'higher' about her personality except when she uses drugs.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe, maybe not. There is no correlation between adhd and type.

Wrong. 1s are very unlikely to be behave as adhd. 8s are not likely either, their strong instinctive energy help them to stay in control and consistent.

Branson stays separate and impersonal from the groups he helps.

Another proof that he is a 7. As a head type he's more at eas with impersonal alternatives than with deep contact. 8s integrated in 2 are the grounded boss, who are close with their subordonate and take things very personally, iron hand in a velvet glove.

Barbara Walters is a type 2.

No.

I think it's strange that people see Courtney Love as an 8, she might be just a disintegrated 7,

She is a sociopath, and she is a 8, so it's normal/ Barry W and James B are 8w9, Barbara W and Courtney L are 8w7.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, the "healthy/unhealthy" shit has nothing to do with that. 8w7 who are integrated in 2 are not nice, mental and nervous like he is.

Barry White, James Brown, Barbara Walters and Courtney Love are examples of 8s integrated in 2, they take pride to be positive, seducive, possibly helpful and approchable, but they don't spend too much time thinking, they are not mental and nervous, they lead from the body, a strong and relentless energy from the body, speech commes naturally and they don't need to be funny as a defense mechanism.
Barbara Walters is not integrated to 2, she's a bitch

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Elfboy, I still think you're ESFP as well. So I take your defense of ENFP with a grain of salt. ;)

given you've typed as INFP until recently, I'm not inclined to trust your analysis of me ;)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Barbara Walters is not integrated to 2, she's a bitch

She is a bitch, so she has connection to 2, normal. Being seducive and manipulative is a classic bitch thing. She is not integrated, but the 2 still her security point.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She is a bitch, so she has connection to 2, normal. Being seducive and manipulative is a classic bitch thing. She is not integrated, but the 2 still her security point.

my point was she's not very in touch with it

KDude

given you've typed as INFP until recently, I'm not inclined to trust your analysis of me ;)

You'd be surprised how many different types type as INFP at some point. :laugh:

I'm serious though. A lot of things you say and are concerned with are Se. Yet you project a lot of these qualities into some mutant conception of ENFP. It'd be simpler to just recognize ESFPs for what they are.

Unfortunately, you might be one of the people who has a bad perception of what ESFP even is. Most derided type ever, really. I guess I can't blame you for avoiding it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wrong. 1s are very unlikely to be behave as adhd. 8s are not likely either, their strong instinctive energy help them to stay in control and consistent.

Another proof that he is a 7. As a head type he's more at eas with impersonal alternatives than with deep contact. 8s integrated in 2 are the grounded boss, who are close with their subordonate and take things very personally, iron hand in a velvet glove.

No.

She is a sociopath, and she is a 8, so it's normal/ Barry W and James B are 8w9, Barbara W and Courtney L are 8w7.

Those were all supposed to be examples of 8s integrated to 2. You're backtracking, so try not to backtrack all the way to oblivion. A sociopathic 8 is normal? There isn't a "normal" category for any e-type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You're not even talking Enneagram anymore.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You'd be surprised how many different types type as INFP at some point. :laugh:

I'm serious though. A lot of things you say and are concerned with are Se. Yet you project a lot of these qualities into some mutant conception of ENFP. It'd be simpler to just recognize ESFPs for what they are.

Unfortunately, you might be one of the people who has a bad perception of what ESFP even is. Most derided type ever, really. I guess I can't blame you for avoiding it.

not at all, I love ESFPs (you're right, they do seem to get a bad wrap), but I don't relate to most of their strengths and weaknesses (if you were to to me as an FJ on the other hand....that I might take offense to lol). if I were an ESFP, that would only mean I was an unusually balanced, unusually introspective, unusually intellectual and unusually future oriented ESFP, so if really were one, it would be a reason to feel better about myself as opposed to worse
7w8 really explains any and all of my similarities to ESFP :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those were all supposed to be examples of 8s integrated to 2. You're backtracking, so try not to backtrack all the way to oblivion.

"In connection with type 2" was the more accurate term. When they are integrating, people adopt the healthy qualities of a type, but at the security point, they adop the average or even unhealthy qualities. Despite this, we don't see theses behavior in Richard B, so ,you are wrong.

A sociopathic 8 is normal?
There isn't a "normal" category for any e-type.

It's normal that someone who is type 8 is identified as 8, and if someone is a sociopath, is a clue that he is 8, like shisoid disorder is a clue that someone is 5. That' what happen when people are good at typing, which is not your case.