• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Richard Branson

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
RB is definitely an ExxP. I believe we could all agree on that?

I haven't watched interviews of him. So my typing would be wrong. But typing people from interviews would be a hard thing to do.
Everyone who is interviewed appears extroverted I've noticed :laugh:.

He does give a Se dom vibe.
Assuming he is an Se dom I select ESFP hands down.

ESTPs are somewhat tensed and are usually overkills.
RB appears and sounds extremely easy going and peaceful.
(Also gives a slight Hippie vibe that is somewhat xSFP and never xSTP. )
ESFPs and my type are the most easy going extroverted types in my opinion.

Out of that paragraph I extracted. Hippy vibe. I agree that would more correlate with ESFP.

What I can't fathom though is his great opportunism. He literally is a weasel. For example he pretended to be wanting to buy an island (which he couldn't afford), so they met him there with helicopter and wined and dined him and his girlfriend. When it turned out he couldn't afford it they booted him out. The whole living larger than life thing and pretending to be bigger than you are is typical of ESTP. Plenty more of those stories if you read up on him. Most ESTP's I know are like that.

The stunts could either be explained by performance (ESFP) or by tacky opportunism (ESTP). ESTP's do tend to be tacky.

R

Riva

Out of that paragraph I extracted. Hippy vibe. I agree that would more correlate with ESFP.

What I can't fathom though is his great opportunism. He literally is a weasel. For example he pretended to be wanting to buy an island (which he couldn't afford), so they met him there with helicopter and wined and dined him and his girlfriend. When it turned out he couldn't afford it they booted him out. The whole living larger than life thing and pretending to be bigger than you are is typical of ESTP. Plenty more of those stories if you read up on him. Most ESTP's I know are like that.

The stunts could either be explained by performance (ESFP) or by tacky opportunism (ESTP). ESTP's do tend to be tacky.

:rofl1:

Such guts he has. No wonder he is so rich. Success requires guts.

But,

We have to ask ourselves the question as to whether he was being tacky or was he being clever :).

If he pretended to could have afford to buy the island to get laid, that could be considered tacky and also disgusting.

Did he do all that to get laid or was be being mischievous and looking to have some fun and laugh it off later with his girl friend? :)

In that case I believe we could both agree that was being clever :).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That's the problem with Branson's typing. ENTP's tend to start up their own businesses, ESFP's are people persons, ESTP's are opportunistic and tacky, and ENFP's fight for world causes. Branson seems to be all of these.

That's why I agree with the OP. Branson is E__P, although I think ENTP is the most defining type. I agree with others that it isn't defining in some ways. But then, neither are the other types.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This post is another proof of your ignorance.

Aren't personal insults against the rules here?

I said nothing about Branson being reactive, and there is nothing about an ENTP or a 8w7 that is necessarily reactive.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aren't personal insults against the rules here?

I said nothing about Branson being reactive, and there is nothing about an ENTP or a 8w7 that is necessarily reactive.

Type 8 is a reactive type, if you don't know what that mean, you are ignorant. It is not a personal insult, but a fact.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 8 is a reactive type, if you don't know what that mean, you are ignorant. It is not a personal insult, but a fact.

There are no reactive enneagram types per se. I would look at levels of integration. The lower levels are always more reactive. Yet I stated that Branson was a high level type 8. What, in your world, is the opposite of reactive?

Is it too much to ask for context where all you do is blurt out insults?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are no reactive enneagram types per se. I would look at levels of integration. The lower levels are always more reactive. Yet I stated that Branson was a high level type 8. What, in your world, is the opposite of reactive?

There's the controlled types (1, 3 and 5), the positives types (2, 7, 9) and the reactive types (4, 6 and 8), thoses who are overreave to the threatening in their environments. 4 overintepret what is emotionnaly implied in conversations, the 6 who are paranoid and the 8s who are always scanning for attempt of treason. Richard B is not like that at all, he is joyfull, optimist, postive and too much self-absorbed to be a 2 ot try to "give to get". The wing 8 makes him more assertive and a force that you have to deal with.

Is it too much to ask for context where all you do is blurt out insults?

I would'nt have to take time for explain things to you if you knew the enneagram as much as you pretend.

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
That's the problem with Branson's typing. ENTP's tend to start up their own businesses, ESFP's are people persons, ESTP's are opportunistic and tacky, and ENFP's fight for world causes. Branson seems to be all of these.

That's why I agree with the OP. Branson is E__P, although I think ENTP is the most defining type. I agree with others that it isn't defining in some ways. But then, neither are the other types.

All fine and well, but you missing the fact that Branson is massively Se. And hence, this rules out NP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All fine and well, but you missing the fact that Branson is massively Se. And hence, this rules out NP.

With Branson, perhaps his type depends on what time of day it is. That's why I agree with the OP, and only see E and P with a mish-mash of traits beyond that. Elf thinks he has some auxiliary Fi going because of his philanthropic nature. But that could be Fe. There is no doubt about the Se, as a cognitive style at least: having to understand "net" versus "gross" imaginatively, in terms of an actual net with fish in it.

But the Ne is also quite striking, in that Branson is always envisioning new ideas, this came out in the very beginning of the video.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's the controlled types (1, 3 and 5), the positives types (2, 7, 9) and the reactive types (4, 6 and 8), thoses who are overreave to the threatening in their environments. 4 overintepret what is emotionnaly implied in conversations, the 6 who are paranoid and the 8s who are always scanning for attempt of treason. Richard B is not like that at all, he is joyfull, optimist, postive and too much self-absorbed to be a 2 ot try to "give to get". The wing 8 makes him more assertive and a force that you have to deal with.

I would'nt have to take time for explain things to you if you knew the enneagram as much as you pretend.

Look, I WROTE ARTICLES AND THEORIZED ABOUT THE ENNEAGRAM, and had the results PUBLISHED, ten years before I had internet. (Edit: that was before you were even born, by the way.)

You should not ignore the levels of integration as you do above.

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
With Branson, perhaps his type depends on what time of day it is.

I hope that was a joke.

But the Ne is also quite striking, in that Branson is always envisioning new ideas, this came out in the very beginning of the video.

If you think Ne is the only function that creates new ideas, you are badly misinformed. Ni is also highly creative in a more synthesizing way.

ESTP's come up with many new ideas and are a common type amongst entrepreneurs. ESFP less so.

If it comes down to Ne vs Se, there is no debate. Se wins. Sorry. (You can't have both due to the structure of the model)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hope that was a joke.

If you think Ne is the only function that creates new ideas, you are badly misinformed. Ni is also highly creative in a more synthesizing way.

ESTP's come up with many new ideas and are a common type amongst entrepreneurs. ESFP less so.

If it comes down to Ne vs Se, there is no debate. Se wins. Sorry. (You can't have both due to the structure of the model)

I certainly agree that one can't have it both ways - but only because the structure you mentioned is false to the infinite complexity of human nature. The MBTI might be some personality test from out of Red Book or Cosmo, and it just happened to become wildly popular. It is a constant task here to fight against the extreme pull that something has simply because it is popular.

However, there is always room for debate. Note the last line of my signature regarding the Navajo blanket.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Look, I WROTE ARTICLES AND THEORIZED ABOUT THE ENNEAGRAM, and had the results PUBLISHED, ten years before I had internet. (Edit: that was before you were even born, by the way.)

Thrilling.

The fact that any folk who don't know what they are talking about can write about enneagram does'nt make you more cultured or able to type. You still wrong.

You should not ignore the levels of integration as you do above.

The levels of integration don't change the type. So, as you seem to have a hard time to understand it: you are wrong.

I will not tell you to "grow up" because it's too late for you, but it's not too late to learn, be educated and recognize your errors.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thrilling.

The fact that any folk who don't know what they are talking about can write about enneagram does'nt make you more cultured or able to type. You still wrong.

The levels of integration don't change the type. So, as you seem to have a hard time to understand it: you are wrong.

I will not tell you to "grow up" because it's too late for you, but it's not too late to learn, be educated and recognize your errors.

Maybe, just not from you. But if I am forced to employ the term "reactive," let's make it official.

There is a measure of creativity on a scale moving from innovative, to adaptive, to reactive. This is the context I was hoping you would mention, but you either refuse to talk about it, or you don't know about it.

But what is this "controlled, positive, reactive" stuff of yours? It's just three traits strung together without system. It is not based on creative capacity or any other principle. And it's definitely not the system I am using. It is just based on e-types, saying "these types are controlled, these types are positive, etc." In my system, the higher levels of integration are innovative, while the lower levels are reactive.

THAT is why Branson is not reactive in my system.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe, just not from you. But if I am forced to employ the term "reactive," let's make it official.

There is a measure of creativity on a scale moving from innovative, to adaptive, to reactive. This is the context I was hoping you would mention, but you either refuse to talk about it, or you don't know about it.

But what is this "controlled, positive, reactive" stuff of yours? It's just three traits strung together without system. It is not based on creative capacity or any other principle. And it's definitely not the system I am using. It is just based on e-types, saying "these types are controlled, these types are positive, etc." In my system, the higher levels of integration are innovative, while the lower levels are reactive.

THAT is why Branson is not reactive in my system.

The 9 styles of personality can be described with 2 adjectives.

There's the controlled types, the positives types and the reactives types.
There's the compliant types, the assertives types and the withdrawing types.

1s are compliant and controlled.
2s are compliant and positives.
3s are assertives and controlled.
4s are withdrawing and reactives.
5s are withdrawing and controlled.
6s are compliant and reactives.
7s are assertives and positives.
8s are assertives and reactives.
9s are withdrawing and positives.

Richard B is assertive, he has a lot of plans, set goals and jump in it, but is not vengeful or focused on attempts of treason from people like 8s are.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The 9 styles of personality can be described with 2 adjectives.

There's the controlled types, the positives types and the reactives types.
There's the compliant types, the assertives types and the withdrawing types.

1s are compliant and controlled.
2s are compliant and positives.
3s are assertives and controlled.
4s are withdrawing and reactives.
5s are withdrawing and controlled.
6s are compliant and reactives.
7s are assertives and positives.
8s are assertives and reactives.
9s are withdrawing and positives.

Richard B is assertive, he has a lot of plans, set goals and jump in it, but is not vengeful or focused on attempts of treason from people like 8s are.

That's your system. But you should have said Branson is "assertive and positive." You're certainly welcome to your system that ignores levels of integration, as if to say a type 7 at either level 1 or level 9 is assertive and positive - and as a corollary, that my type 8 at levels 1-3 is merely reactive.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's your system. But you should have said Branson is "assertive and positive." You're certainly welcome to your system that ignores levels of integration, as if to say a type 7 at either level 1 or level 9 is assertive and positive - and as a corollary, that my type 8 at levels 1-3 is merely reactive.

It's not my system, it's the system. The system that you pretend to master.

I don't ignore level of integration, that simply has'nt anything to do. Level integration is a mark of your emotional state and how much you're entranced or liberate from your acquired personality. The acquired personality of the 7 is assertive and positive, not reactive. At low level of integration, 8s tend to be sociopath, 7s to be narcissist, at high level, 8s tend to be generous protectors, 7s to be visionary humanist. That's what Richard B is.

KDude

Enneagram is a convoluted mess anyways. You can rationalize practically any combination using it.

Why can't anyone just leave it to MBTI around here. K.I.S.S.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram is a convoluted mess anyways

It is easy to understand but difficult to master. You can rationalize your errors, but when you are wrong, you are wrong.