• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kurt Cobain

Tomb1

Cobain would be 5w4 sx/sp

He has the idiosyncratic gestalt - an independent, detached, curious, eccentric, unconventional character...it's distinct from the emotionally sensitive/refined gestalt of 4w5 as indexed on my list.

More idiosyncratic gestalt: David Lynch is 5w4 so/sx

Mark Mothersbaugh is 5w4 so/sp

Stephen King is another famous one (5w4 sp/so)...plenty others

SicilianDragon

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We know he was an Enneagram 5w4.

I'd say INTP. He talked like one--detached and through his nose.

Not all suicidal/tragic artists are INFP. I think people assume he was, just based on that. But his ultimate plight was common for the unhealthy 5w4, as Riso & Hudson put it, and 5w4 types tend to be thinkers. I'm not too familiar with his work, but from what I see...he didn't have anything related to romance or selfless regard for humanity (both domain of INFP).

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dude was totally INFP.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
he didn't have anything related to romance or selfless regard for humanity (both domain of INFP).

I don't see why that would be the case. Romance and selflessness are pretty far from my personality, so that must also be the case for some of my fellow INFPs.

SicilianDragon

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see why that would be the case. Romance and selflessness are pretty far from my personality, so that must also be the case for some of my fellow INFPs.

Well, if you really are an INFP 5w4, that's like a needle in a haystack...so it would come with atypical tendencies. Granted, Kurt was 5w4 too, so if he were that combo, the same would apply to him.

Still, the two INFP 5w4 types I know of are Tim Burton and David Lynch. Their work does seem to have humanitarian causes. Even if it's not directly stated, their films do contain messages centered on concern for welfare of humanity, especially underdogs.

So I'm curious: if you don't relate to the selflessness aspect, do you still identify with the INFP profile on Personality Page?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He seems too detached to be a core 4 via videos and his link to 7 is obvious.

INTP 5w4s often mistype as INFPs because the average INTP 5w6 robot stereotype doesn't fit them.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, if you really are an INFP 5w4, that's like a needle in a haystack...so it would come with atypical tendencies.

She is a mistyped INTP like most supposed 5w4 INFPs. These '5w4 INFPs' never come across as actual INFPs. Actual INFPs are 4s, 6w5s and 9s.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
INTP 5w4s often mistype as INFPs because the average INTP 5w6 robot stereotype doesn't fit them.

2.-selfdiscover-by-sadgirlsguide.com_.gif

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think David Lynch is the same enfp 7w8 so/sp as Will Ferrell, Steve Bannon, and the always awesome songwriter David Dondero.

I still lean 4w5 infp for Kurt. Part of me feels like so/sx. I feel a super strong connection to 7w8 too, but I often get that with 4w5 and especially sx. I tend to think it's easy to mistype with a triad displacement (eg 4w5, 7w8, 1w2).

He most reminds me of an INFP 4w5 so/sx friend. There is definitely some e5 geekiness too.

YouTube

In this one, you get more of the affect. Maybe with a little bit of the so/sx circulating energy.

To contrast with an INTP 5w4, Alec Ounsworth of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.

YouTube

Just look at the laser beam eyes and how much different the quality of focus is. So much less entranced. So much less like, oh yeah, you are living in a zine ads Saturday morning cartoon pajama fairy tale. And I say that lovingly!

I tend to think Win Butler is an INFP 4w5 so/sp. As is the other great basketball player Lebron James.

yeghor

I saw INFP and ISFP being suggested for Kurt Cobain. I propose ENFP instead.

I've typed Alan Cumming an INFP before and if you check Alan's videos, Alan comes across much more feminine compared to Kurt Cobain. As for ISFP, ISFPs' music style and demeanor would be rougher (like ska-punk, hardcore or punk maybe), whereas Kurt's songs are more not that rough or hardcore.

Thirdly, Kurt Cobain in the belowgiven videos look very much like the Thor actor, whom I believe is an ESFP, and also Theon Greyjoy of Game of Thrones, whom I earlier proposed to be an ENFP, so I believe ENFP is a good fit for him. Also, notice how his focus is on the external rather than the internal. He was hyperactive as a kid as well and was given medication for it. If he had been more physically aggressive, he would be an ESFP.

His clothing style was mellow as well, converse shoes, wooly loose cardigans, striped colorful shirts.

1661535340043.png
1661535359720.png
1661535371510.png
1661535391000.png

Kurt cobain being a mood for 2 minutes straight

The Tragic Life of Kurt Cobain

One of Kurt Cobain's Final Interviews - Incl. Extremely Rare Footage