• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

possible istp musicians

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've think of Stevie as an enfp because of the whole god/vision/embrace the world sort of message his music seems to deliver.
That could be NFJ as well; especially the "vision" part.
But he was a bit less like that before the accident. More into the other side of that mesage; just pointing out what was wrong with politics than offering an ideal of how to solve the world's problems. Even a couple of years before that, his first wife, Syreeta was the one who got him into "spirituality".

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Crazy Canadian fiddler Ashley MacIsaac. ISTP archetype ++

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Miles Davis has always given off a very ISTP-ish vibe. He could well have been. Definitely one of the coolest guys ever.

i would not at all say no to this, bc i think it's a pretty damn good idea. i'm wondering about recognizing the differences between istp and isfp. miles seems more bob dylan to me than Ti, in his autobiography he didn't exactly seem logical. i don't know if i would say he's a 4w5 or a 9w8 or a something else. i love that the three typings i heard for him were isfp, entj, and istp. i see tertiary Ni making a lot of sense. i'm pretty confident about that isp bit. including the boxing.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I know they are more so actors than musicians but they have done some work in the music industry (Jeff Daniels and Viggo Mortensen).

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Van Halen and Frank Zappa.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know they are more so actors than musicians but they have done some work in the music industry (Jeff Daniels and Viggo Mortensen).

Mortensen is so INF, probably INFJ. I read an interview with him in a magazine and it just screamed INF.

VagrantFarce

I remember Mortensen talking about the kid he acts with in The Road, and he was saying how he admired him for (I'm paraphrasing) "being like a kid should be, just living in the moment". Is there anything more ISFP than that? :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remember Mortensen talking about the kid he acts with in The Road, and he was saying how he admired him for (I'm paraphrasing) "being like a kid should be, just living in the moment". Is there anything more ISFP than that? :)

The article I read was so idealistic (that quote could also be seen as idealistic). This has quotes from the article:

Interview with Viggo Mortensen - Get more Entertainment News on ELLE.com

He also joked about a dream he had about a female monkey who was erotic. The article had his co-stars describing him as this imaginative romanticist into poetry and literature, always recommending books to them. It was so stereotypically NF it was funny....I'm not even a fan (or have ever seen him act), but that article left such an impression of him being NF (and seemingly Ni-dom).

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also:
Jeff Young (Formerly of Megadeth)
Michael Angel Batio
David Ellefson (Megadeth)
Aaron Prather
and though it's surprising for someone known for being unorthodox and innovative, I suspect Tom Morello may be ISTP as well

W

WALMART

The greatest, trippiest, most technical, shreddinest, intense, passionate guitarist of all time -

193089_6Y4I64BAsiZF0a4rVKhZjquza.jpg

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think PJ Harvey is ISFP.

I think Iggy Pop may be ISTP, definitely an SP.

I have a feeling that STPs tend to be drummers and guitarists more than songwriters, not that they can't be songwriters though.

I agree on PJ Harvey. Not sure about Iggy - but yeah, definitely SP. And yeah, more likely to be instrumentalists than traditional songwriters.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know about them enough... I'd guess Gibbard is FP though... ISFP.

I don't know what he actually wrote....are those lyrics credited to him? I don't see why he couldn't have wrote it. His lyrics generally have a Ti Se Ni feel.

haha....INTJ? I could see him as ISTP, yeah. His humor seems very STP.

Gibbard - INFP
Eminem - ISFP