• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

isaac brock

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
i hear a lot of Ne in his songs. I'm voting INTP.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
infp. Just look at the titles of his albums!

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i get more Ti Se than Fi Si. i just don't see aux Ne as much as tertiary Ni. he is so judgy and fixated, he only sees a problem from one specific angle. his interviews are so painful to read. plus the bug eyes, so Ti dom.

he is so nervous and so anxious. i can't figure out his enneagram. perhaps unhealthy 5?

my tentative theory is that rivers cuomo is an istp as well.

B

brainheart

I think you are totally making conclusions with your Fe, state. I mean obviously, but yeah...

A lot of us introverts totally hate being asked questions, especially if they are stupid, which they usually are in interviews. I would seem nervous, anxious, and judgy, too. Maybe that's tertiary Ni talking, I don't know. And I have bug-ish eyes, I thought that was genetics, maybe coupled with the disdain for talking about dumb stuff.

My guess is Isaac Brock wants his music to speak for itself. A lot of creative types feel that way. Our work says things we can't come straight out and say.

Interpret my impressions as you wish-

B

brainheart

I re-watched that interview you posted and I think he's actually being pretty amiable. I can tell he's making an effort to be considerate and nice.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you are totally making conclusions with your Fe, state. I mean obviously, but yeah...

A lot of us introverts totally hate being asked questions, especially if they are stupid, which they usually are in interviews. I would seem nervous, anxious, and judgy, too. Maybe that's tertiary Ni talking, I don't know. And I have bug-ish eyes, I thought that was genetics, maybe coupled with the disdain for talking about dumb stuff.

My guess is Isaac Brock wants his music to speak for itself. A lot of creative types feel that way. Our work says things we can't come straight out and say.

Interpret my impressions as you wish-

i agree, but ike brock is different than thom yorke (infj), or david lynch (intp), or stephen malkmus (infp). i think there is a distinctive style to it that might easily fit a pattern (this is pure Ni, NOT Fe).

i think you are imagining what it would be like to be him, and then reading yourself into him, whereas i am just looking for patterns based on externalities that i see/project/impose on the data available. this is what perception does. which is different than judging if you like or dislike the whole of something (Fi) in terms of its overall impression, resonance, feeling-shade, etc.

i also dislike the notion of "creative types." he's written some good songs, just like many others have written some good ____, or designed some good _______, or solved a good ______. his songs convey his attitudes well, his ongoing crotchetiness, and his overall difficult demeanor. the bleak picture resonates in particular incarnations for different people (ie the only great modest mouse lyric, to me, is "...the oceans in our bodies, given that our blood is just like the atlantic"). i was initially sold on intp bc i think the songs are composed well, even if a bit drawn out at times (think built to spill). the overall texture and sound of the records are the key, which is why they fall apart after the moon and antarctica. i don't mean to downplay modest mouse, bc i think the above record is a fantastic record (which is a great accomplishment). i just don't like the category of "creative types" and find it ultimately misleading. if there is an underlying pattern of "creative types" across mb types, then i assume you are referring to 4s and 5s, which encompass a specific type of creativity involving self-awareness/self-understanding/self-knowledge/self-experience (ie mood, emotions, ambiance).

as far as the eyes, that's just me bullshitting. i feel i recognize Ti dom eyes, i feel i recognize Se eyes, Ni eyes. almost Ne. i'd love to get into nlp and better map out the connections.

B

brainheart

You know, I already said I pretty much agree with you. My guess would be ISXP at the least, quite likely ISTP. Maybe you are looking at patterns, but the way you expressed it made it sound like what you notice in this particular pattern is that he is lacking in social niceties - a very Fe thing to conclude. I'm not saying that's bad or anything, just saying that many of us introverts who lack the auxiliary Fe kind of suck at the social niceties, especially if we are uncomfortable or nervous, whether we are considered thinkers or no. And yes, I am using my judging function to make that conclusion, which entails me putting myself in Isaac Brock's shoes. That doesn't mean I think he's an ISFP, it just means that I notice the similarities, and how much I've related to his music over the years. But yeah, I see the Se and the tertiary Ni as well.

Oh, hey, all I meant by 'creative types' was those who express themselves via their personal creations. I didn't mean it in a typology sort of way at all.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP probably. possibly INFP but most likely INTP... way too abstract and intuitive to be ISTP