• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sting (The Police)

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Heh. You don't like to read threads, do you. :D

No, I'm very VERY impatient one who likes to come into conclusions.....*hmmmm* does that make me a judging person? Or Se dominant? Or just Ne gone wild?

Hehe

Whoops, I just read one post in the thread (and not the OP, lol)

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Read this one too:

Sting: ISTJ
Stewart Copeland: ESFP
Andy Summers: INTP

Most likely, of course.

But I wanted to contribute to the thread by giving my best guess. Isn't it a richness in this world - to see many views and opinions on things. :smile:

I don't necessarily believe that Sting is ISTJ :p

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
But I wanted to contribute to the thread by giving my best guess. Isn't it a richness in this world - to see many views and opinions on things. :smile:

I don't necessarily believe that Sting is ISTJ :p
Oh. I was under the impression you didn't read any of the posts. In any case, I'm not a big fan of opinions. ;)

Watch the second video in the post which I brought up Andy Summers.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nah, I'm still thinking INFJ here. Small hint of the Ni perspective when you listen to the end of this one-- YouTube - Sting interview - part one - Parkinson - BBC

The whole thing about discovering prostitutes for the first time, and finding himself interested in "three-dimensional relationships" strikes me as the relationship-oriented exploratory mind of Ni+Fe.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
nah, I'm still thinking INFJ here. Small hint of the Ni perspective when you listen to the end of this one-- YouTube - Sting interview - part one - Parkinson - BBC

The whole thing about discovering prostitutes for the first time, and finding himself interested in "three-dimensional relationships" strikes me as the relationship-oriented exploratory mind of Ni+Fe.
Keep in mind that he's in his late 50s by then, I think, and therefore balanced. In my direct observations, ISTJs can get rather "spiritual" in middle age.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Keep in mind that he's in his late 50s by then, I think, and therefore balanced. In my direct observations, ISTJs can get rather "spiritual" in middle age.

Yeah, that's true. I might have to pull together every single piece of Sting video footage I can and start analyzing.

On another note, a friend bought me the "Police - Every Breath You Take - The DVD" as an early birthday present, and watching some of the videos all I gotta say is Andy Summers is so blatantly INTP (in his facial expression, eyes and halfassed manner of 'dancing' in the music videos) it HURTS. LOL

In the "Synchronicity II" video his angry wielding of the guitar looks like a half-ass attempt at looking angry, same thing I do whenever I'm trying to put on an act. Concentrating on the act itself and its form, like it's not coming naturally to him, rather than the audience.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he looks istj to me as well, Ni is more scattered and looking round to snag the ideas and Si is staring straight at the screen to read the facts facts facts. the intensity is more linear, but still dominant introverted perceiving

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would believe ISFJ for Sting before ISTJ. I think ISFJ is a strong possibility, with INFJ being my other guess.

In fact, I think calling him an ISTJ is pretty bizarre...he's made a career off of singing mainly love songs, and in his private life has talked about his, um, interesting sex life with his wife and he also has heavy involvement in environmental causes and charities, which might actually point to NF...he's something of a sex symbol, too, in this more classy, sensitive, sophisticated sort of way...since when are ISTJs sex symbols, particularly ones who are revered for their sensitivity??? The reason why I lean more toward ISFJ, though, rather than INFJ is that he does seem more SJ-ish in his demeanor, I do think I see Si more than Ni...but ultimately I think he's gotta be IxFJ.

I just found more than one web site saying that Sting *is* ISTJ!!! He must have a TON of Fi then...

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think Sting bears a strong resemblance to infj Ray Davies, so that's where I stand.

The Police's guitarist seems to be entp and drummer intp.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
ISFP
But then I think every musician is an ISFP and Sting fits the artist bohemian pretentious brat image to a T ..

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my latest guess is istp. maybe 3w4 makes the most sense? god, even enfj 3w4 might make sense. not infj.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
my latest guess is istp. maybe 3w4 makes the most sense? god, even enfj 3w4 might make sense. not infj.

Why istp? Too cheese not to be ist-?

That music video with him in the car driving around in circles is mildly amusing.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Referring to a collection - "The album originally featured one new track, a remix of the 1978 song "Roxanne" by rap artist Sean "Puffy" Combs."

Isn't combs an estp? sting as an istj would make enough sense. And a quick scan down his list of singles titles reveals just how fucking cheeseball he can be.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah, no sign of Ni whatsoever. lacking Ni self-consciousness/self-awareness.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think he is at least IxxJ from my knowledge of him, I actually made a thread about him, I would type him a INTJ or INFJ, he seems really abstract to me(maybe he's faking it?).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, dudes, like seriously...he's on several websites as an example of a famous ISTJ. This is pretty much a confirmed thing, as least as far as personality type can be confirmed...

He doesn't have Ni...and ISFP is the worst I've seen yet...he's sooo not a P. He's totally an SJ...I would have stuck with ISFJ, but apparently he's one of those high Fi ISTJs instead. Who knew?