• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Ultimate INFP ManWhore

Fecal McAngry

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Are you sure he's an INFP? He screams ESFP to me...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This looks interesting...
:popcorn:

Fecal McAngry

Like you, Fecal McAngry?

To some extent. As the saying goes [paraphrase], a [specific] INFP is like all INFPs, some INFPs, and no other INFP...

“Bob Hope will go to the opening of a phone booth in a gas station in Anaheim, providing they have a camera there and three people. He’ll go to the opening of a market to receive an award. He’d get an award from Thom McCan for wearing their shoes. It’s pathetic. It’s a bottomless pit. A barrel that has no floor. He must be a man who has an ever-crumbling estimation of himself. He’s constantly filling himself up. He’s like a junkie – an applause junkie. What happens to those people when they can’t get up and do their shtick, God only knows. Bob Hope, Christ, instead of growing old gracefully or doing something with his money, be helpful, all he does is he has an anniversary with the President looking on. It’s sad. He gets on an airplane every two minutes always going someplace. It didn’t bother him at all to work the Vietnam War. Oh, he took that in his stride. He did his World War One and Korean War act. “Our boys” and all that. He’s a pathetic guy."--Brando

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
To some extent. As the saying goes [paraphrase], a [specific] INFP is like all INFPs, some INFPs, and no other INFP...

“Bob Hope will go to the opening of a phone booth in a gas station in Anaheim, providing they have a camera there and three people. He’ll go to the opening of a market to receive an award. He’d get an award from Thom McCan for wearing their shoes. It’s pathetic. It’s a bottomless pit. A barrel that has no floor. He must be a man who has an ever-crumbling estimation of himself. He’s constantly filling himself up. He’s like a junkie – an applause junkie. What happens to those people when they can’t get up and do their shtick, God only knows. Bob Hope, Christ, instead of growing old gracefully or doing something with his money, be helpful, all he does is he has an anniversary with the President looking on. It’s sad. He gets on an airplane every two minutes always going someplace. It didn’t bother him at all to work the Vietnam War. Oh, he took that in his stride. He did his World War One and Korean War act. “Our boys” and all that. He’s a pathetic guy."--Brando

That sounds very Fi to me. Unless there's some 9th function no one's mentioned yet...

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Hate to quibble*, but surely he would be a manslut, not a manwhore? Or are we still avoiding That Word?

*ok, I don't really

Fecal McAngry

That sounds very Fi to me. Unless there's some 9th function no one's mentioned yet...
Yeah, and Marlon was one of those INFPs who simply refused to temper his Fi-ness to the extent most other great INFP actors--say, Streep or Olivier--DO. That's not an easy path...

As another INFP wrote:
If I'd thought about it I never would've done it,
I guess I would've let it slide,
If I'd lived my life by what others were thinkin',
The heart inside of me would've died.
I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
By enforced insanity,
Someone had to reach for the risin' star,
I guess it was up to me.

Fecal McAngry

Hate to quibble*, but surely he would be a manslut, not a manwhore?

Of course, if you really want to get technical:

whore (hôr, hr)
n.
1. A prostitute.
2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.
3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

Marlon was a Trifecta of Whoredom.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, and Marlon was one of those INFPs who simply refused to temper his Fi-ness to the extent most other great INFP actors--say, Streep or Olivier--DO. That's not an easy path...

Not all "Fi-ness" is extreme....and other Fi values naturally temper the extreme values. Hence the inner conflict associated with Fi. Conflict can come in the form of values vs. desires also. Stronger Fi-doms tend to let their values conquer, and that can quell the conflict.

What's the evidence that Brando is not ISFP? That would've been my first guess, but that's just a guess.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Marlon Brando is no INFP. He's a total artisan. Even Kiersey writes this in his book. I'd say ISTP. Feel free to explain how you came to your conclusion because I would love to hear it.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Marlon Brando is no INFP. He's a total artisan. Even Kiersey writes this in his book. I'd say ISTP. Feel free to explain how you came to your conclusion because I would love to hear it.

What is the SP obsession with Keirsey? Is it because he types every single artistic person as SP? There ARE iNuitive artists.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What is the SP obsession with Keirsey? Is it because he types every single artistic person as SP? There ARE iNuitive artists.

Keirsey defines a type as a mere collection of personality qualities. In his system, an SP is by definition an artist. Thus, it stands to reason that he would type nearly every single person as artistic.

By his lights, an intelligent person is an NT, a conscientious and a conservative is an SJ and of course, an idealistic person an NF. This system has virtues as it allows simple 'MBTI folks' plenty of opportunities to gossip about their friends and have an entertaining conversation about one another's personalities, but from f purely scholarly and analytical perspective; it is nearly worthless.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
I don't think most artists are SP's. However, a few of them stand out as SP's, and Marlon Brando is one of them. It's funny you say that though because it seems to me that most NF's on here think every talented actor is an INFP.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Keirsey defines a type as a mere collection of personality qualities. In his system, an SP is by definition an artist. Thus, it stands to reason that he would type nearly every single person as artistic.

By his lights, an intelligent person is an NT, a conscientious and a conservative is an SJ and of course, an idealistic person an NF. This system has virtues as it allows simple 'MBTI folks' plenty of opportunities to gossip about their friends and have an entertaining conversation about one another's personalities, but from f purely scholarly and analytical perspective; it is nearly worthless.

Yeah, I'm not a Keirsey fan either ;) :D

I don't think most artists are SP's. However, a few of them stand out as SP's, and Marlon Brando is one of them. It's funny you say that though because it seems to me that most NF's on here think every talented actor is an INFP.

I think Brando may be SP also (as you can see in an earlier post of mine in this thread). There is a lot of N bias here, true, but there are mostly Ns posting. Every type seems to want to claim those they admire for their own type...SPs are no exception there, and I just noticed they like to quote Keirsey a lot. Being more an artist than an altruist, I happen to find that particular stereotype annoying.