• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Smallville

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know about the other characters, but strongly disagree that Clark is an ISFJ. First and foremost the way an ISFJ responds to a crisis or emergency: Like most Fs ISFJ's hate confrontation; if you get into a fight, don't expect them to jump in after you. You can count on them, however, to run and get the nearest authority figure.

Ever notice how Clark's always late, or had trouble keeping his positions on the school paper...or at the local coffee shop? An ISFJ would be focused on doing their assigned task well and would not encounter the scenarios Clark had. Plus a J would want to be living in the house and interacting with their family vs. staying out in the barn.
ISFJ's are warm and demonstrative with their families. The Kent character isn't very demonstrative at all.

Other elements, the Clark character rides motorcycles and many other risk-taking activities. That's STP.

The actor who plays the roll was doing construction at the time of being "discovered." Sounds like a craftsman to me, which seems to translate well into the roll. Plus he seems to well demonstrate the stereotypical ISTP gaze.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know about the other characters, but strongly disagree that Clark is an ISFJ. First and foremost the way an ISFJ responds to a crisis or emergency: Like most Fs ISFJ's hate confrontation; if you get into a fight, don't expect them to jump in after you. You can count on them, however, to run and get the nearest authority figure.

Ever notice how Clark's always late, or had trouble keeping his positions on the school paper...or at the local coffee shop? An ISFJ would be focused on doing their assigned task well and would not encounter the scenarios Clark had. Plus a J would want to be living in the house and interacting with their family vs. staying out in the barn.
ISFJ's are warm and demonstrative with their families. The Kent character isn't very demonstrative at all.

Other elements, the Clark character rides motorcycles and many other risk-taking activities. That's STP.

The actor who plays the roll was doing construction at the time of being "discovered." Sounds like a craftsman to me, which seems to translate well into the roll. Plus he seems to well demonstrate the stereotypical ISTP gaze.

I think you may be right. ISTP is what I thought before reading this thread.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you may be right. ISTP is what I thought before reading this thread.

When I first saw the show... It amused me to watch him interact with the females who were interested. Kind of "oblivious" and to them "mysterious" in not talking about himself very much.

Then leaving them sitting and waiting, without considering to explain...

Seems like the writers even got that element down pat. :doh:

KDude

I think clark and his dad (stepdad that is) both are ISFJ.

Poetic license on the whole "violence thing" though. I just don't see much that strikes me as ISTP. There's a certain smugness and lack of sensitivity with them.

They shouldn't mind that I said that btw :cool:

edit: Clark doesn't hold back because he's oblivious either. He's troubled that he can't tell people about himself. But pretty relieved when he can (like with Oliver or Chloe). I don't doubt the actor may be istp though.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Poetic license on the whole "violence thing" though. I just don't see much that strikes me as ISTP. There's a certain smugness and lack of sensitivity with them.

edit: Clark doesn't hold back because he's oblivious either. He's troubled that he can't tell people about himself. But pretty relieved when he can (like with Oliver or Chloe). I don't doubt the actor may be istp though.

Actually, I think the dad was ISTJ.

KDude

perhaps you're right

on a sidenote, he played one cool ass ESFP as Bo Duke though.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Here are some elements to the role that strike me as ISTP:

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing".

ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".

ISTPs are action-oriented people. They like to be up and about, doing things. Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what is immediately before them. They have an excellent sense of expediency and grasp of the details which enables them to make quick, effective decisions.

ISTPs are excellent in a crisis situations. They're usually good athletes, and have very good hand-eye coordination. ISTPs are optimistic, full of good cheer, loyal to their equals, uncomplicated in their desires, generous, trusting and receptive people who want no part in confining commitments.

Again, I think an ISFJ would be more concerned with respecting authority...and go get help vs. taking action. ;)

KDude

I dunno.. maybe he's a certain type of istp. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you know best. ;)

For istp characters, I get images of Spike Spiegel, Han Solo, Blondie from TGTBATU, Snake Plisken... all way more laid back badasses. Superman OTOH is a boyscout. And clark is pensive, not all that relaxed.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dunno.. maybe he's a certain type of istp. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you know best. ;)

For istp characters, I get images of Spike Spiegel, Han Solo, Blondie from TGTBATU, Snake Plisken... all way more laid back badasses. Superman OTOH is a boyscout. And clark is pensive, not all that relaxed.

Han Solo eh? Harrison Ford is yet another "carpenter" who got their lucky break being spotted and cast.

There's a lot of variety within a given type spectrum. It's interesting to see how ennegram seems to further parse some of the varience.

With an ISTP the pensive element only expresses itself when interacting with those where the highest levels of trust have been reached. Or occassionally with a complete and total stranger. ;)

Hell, Clint Eastwood feels pensive about hunting. :rofl1:

I wish some of these ISFJ posters would point out some specific examples, so that it'd help me learn to spot ISFJ elements. :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Clark: ISFJ
Martha: ESFJ
Jonathan: ISTJ
Lex: INTJ
Lionel: ENTJ
Lana: INFP
Chloe: ENTP
Lois: ESTP
Jor-El: INTJ

Can't be arsed to remember any other characters right now.

Last edited:

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Clark - ISTJ
Lois - ESTP
Lana - ISFJ at the beginning of series , maybe more INFJ now
Chloe - ESTJ
Jimmy - ISFP
Lex - INTJ
Oliver- ENFJ that puts up a ENFP front
Tess - INTJ

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anybody else think the season finale was awesome?

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
Tom Welling - INFJ
Erica Durance - ENFP
Kristen Kreuk - ENFP

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ