• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How I Met Your Mother/Friends Show

S

Stansmith

Ted: INFJ 9w1 - 2w1 - 6w7 So/Sp

Robin: ISTP 9w8 - 3w4 - ?w? Sx/Sp

Marshall: ENFP 6w7 - 3w2 - 9w1 ?/?

Lily: ENFP 6w7 or 7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 Sx/So

Barney: ENTP 7w8 - 3w2 - 9w8 So/Sx

Last edited:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ted: INFJ 9w1 - 2w1 - 6w7 So/Sp

Robin: ISTP 9w8 - 3w4 - ?w? Sx/Sp

Marshall: ENFP 6w7 - 3w2 - 9w1 ?/?

Lily: ESFP 6w7 - 2w3 - 8w7 Sx/So

Barney: ENTP 7w8 - 3w2 - 9w8 So/Sx
Interesting…

S

Stansmith

I don't get the ENTJ typings for Barney. His ideas are too whimsical, half-assed and fun to be ENTJ. It looks more like ENTP 7 mental hypomania than any J-ness.

He's an INFP 4w5 - 9w1 - 6w7 hippy who humorously transformed into an ENTP 7w8 - 3w2 - 9w8 So/Sx pick-up artist.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Totally agree with Stansmith.

Also, I don't understand how anyone here could possibly believe Barney is a J. Him being Ne and P is something I'm totally sure of. Everything that has ever come out of Barney Stinson's mouth since episode one has been one of three things: a huge analogy or metaphor, an off the wall theory he created, or a scheme that may or may not be a little bit illegal.

He's a fun loving 7w8 ENTP.

Loving suits =/= ENTJ.
Enjoying the power trip wearing a suit gives one's self around the office = ENTJ

Sunny Ghost

Ted: INFP
Marshall: ESFP
Lilly: ESFJ
Robin: I feel like she uses Se. T/F gets confusing for her. But that's sorta her character.
Barney: ENTx

R

Riva

Ted: INFJ 9w1 - 2w1 - 6w7 So/SpRobin: ISTP 9w8 - 3w4 - ?w? Sx/SpMarshall: ENFP 6w7 - 3w2 - 9w1 ?/?Lily: ENFP 6w7 or 7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 Sx/SoBarney: ENTP 7w8 - 3w2 - 9w8 So/Sx
Good. However lily is introverted. She is fi > se. Ted is probably isfj. There is not much ni in him though he seems to religiously believe msg he receives from the universe in the form of coincidences etc. Ni usually does that (looks for answers in which are received in sudden moments) and si doesn't. Howeve it could be some new age theory he has read about. However si could be influenzed into believing in these kinds of theories. Barney is hard to type. He is not an entp though stereotypically he does a lot of entp stunts. He is probably a enfj e3. Yes an enfj! His plots are extremely elaborate and has one after the other sequential pattern (this screams nj. Np plans are less sequential and though the end goal could be fixed the methods are more fluid). HeIf often pissed when plans change since he's probably a strong j. js tend to make plans early and get annoyed when they are changed. Hmm.. What else? Too bored to type much, using the phone. I'm curious about you typing robin as an 9w8 and not a 7. I'm not disagreeing with it. Just want to know whether you are sure, atleast whether she is 9 over 7. I often confuse the two in tps.

Sunny Ghost

[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION], Lilly has that Fe manipulating side. She also tends to write people off. When the show started, she came off more IxFP (mostly in the first season), but as the show progressed become very ESFJ.

R

Riva

[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION], Lilly has that Fe manipulating side. She also tends to write people off. When the show started, she came off more IxFP (mostly in the first season), but as the show progressed become very ESFJ.

Yes she does manipulate people. Manipulation isn't limited to Fe mind you. NTJs do it the best though not the same. Not emotional manipulation anyway.

She writes people off based on what/whom she thinks would suit Ted. She understands Ted the best and anyone who she doesn't fit Ted gets written off. Overall I think she is more accepting towards people.

Maybe she is an ISFP who turns ESFJ under stress because she still (late seasons) has a lot of ISFP moments.

Sunny Ghost

Yes she does manipulate people. Manipulation isn't limited to Fe mind you. NTJs do it the best though not the same. Not emotional manipulation anyway.

She writes people off based on what/whom she thinks would suit Ted. She understands Ted the best and anyone who she doesn't fit Ted gets written off. Overall I think she is more accepting towards people.

Maybe she is an ISFP who turns ESFJ under stress because she still (late seasons) has a lot of ISFP moments.
I've never met an ISFP who manipulates others.

I stand by ESFJ. :whistling:

R

Riva

I've never met an ISFP who manipulates others.

I stand by ESFJ. :whistling:

You just manipulated others into believing that ISFPs never manipulate others :p.

Well as you said yourself the show stared as her being an ISFP but slowly changed into an ESFJ. But she is still an ISFP I believe, who becomes ESFJ under stress. The reason people/she feel the need to manipulate people is because they don't like the way things are and they wish to change it (could be good intentioned or bad). Add to it people feel stressed when things don't go the way they want to.

So going by those two theories, it's safe to assume that Lily feels an ovewhelming amount of stress (more so than others around her) when things don't go her way and this stress bring the manipulation side of her out. It is also believed that under extreme stress the extroverted functions become introverted and introverted functions become extroverted.

So Lily being an ISFP becoming an ESFJ under stress makes sense.

S

Stansmith

I think her being a 6 and possibly a 2-fixer has something to do with that. Plenty of 2s, So-doms, and 2-fixers who aren't Fe users can have similar behavior.

One glaring example of a lack of Fe was when Lily stole Ted's boss' autographed baseball, and was willing to let him fire all of the employees at the agency just to teach this one guy some abstract morality lesson that only she deems as important.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I am not a tv junkie, I swear. I actually can't just watch tv, it melts my brain. But, I do very obsessively watch a handful of shows. These two are shows that soothes me to sleep. I have really vivid nightmares. :cry:

How I Met Your Mother

Ted - total ISFJ - conservative, romantic, relationship-oriented
Barney - total ENTJ - always coming up with 'rules' and 'strategies'
Robin - ENTP - strikes me as being rational, could she be ENTJ too?
Marshall - ENFP - mushy, but 'voice of reason' ?? could he be ENTP?
Lily - ISFP - semi-duals with Marshall, teaches kindergarten, was part of 'goth' subculture, artist

Friends

Chandler - ENTP - sarcasm, later career - advertising!
Joey - ESTP - bold, commitment phobia, tough guy persona when not around friends
Monica - ESFJ - very emotional and take-charge, competitive and obsessive
Rachel - ESFP - fun oriented, love for fashion, boy-crazy
Phoebe - INFP - yup
Ross - ISFJ - emotional and sensitive, responsible, practical, put off by Phoebe's crazy theories

Ted: INFJ. The man is intuitive and I clearly see Ti in him. I see him as 2w3 sx/so.

I agree that Martial is ENFP and I think he is a 2w3 so/sx. I also believe that Lilly is an extrovert as well and she is probably a 2w1 so/sx. You just think that she's an ISFP because she's an artist.

Barnie is ENTP: The guy is Ne as hell. Also the man uses Ti<Fe not Fi<Te. Did you see the episode where he gets Martial the corporate job as a lawyer? He then asks martial to conform to the social standards and social rules and to basically change his pesonality completely? Martial's Fi later kicks in and he basically says, "Fuck it, this is not who I am" and decides to be himself again even if it means he's not so popular around the office. However Barney continues to conform. Barney is ENTP, not ENTJ. Also I'm seeing him as a 7w6(sw8w7) so/sx

I'm seeing Robin as an ESTP 7w8 so/sp. She isn't intuitive.

S

Stansmith

Robin seems pretty tame and uninvolved for an ESTP 7w8. I get more of a 9w8 vibe from her, or even 3.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Robin seems pretty tame and uninvolved for an ESTP 7w8. I get more of a 9w8 vibe from her, or even 3.

She is too aggressive to be a core 9w8, but I could see 8w7. I could see core 3 though.

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Friends:
Ross: ISTJ 6w5
Rachel: ESFP 3w4 (Her naked 3 ambition makes her look like a J. Not all ESFPs are total party animals)
Monica: ESFJ 2w3 (And how - she had a very definite personality)
Chandler: ENTP 7w6
Joey: ESFP 7w6 (Chandler and Joey's wacky 7 adventures were the best parts of the show)
Phoebe: ENFP 9w1 (Hippie Archetype)

How I Met Your Mother:
Ted: INFJ 9w1 (being lonely and wanting love doesn't make you a 6)
Barney: ENFP 7w8 (Being a dick doesn't make you a T. A high sex drive doesn't make you a se user. Barney is very invested in people (I'm your best friend!), and he makes decisions based on emotion. His hippie past is a dead giveaway. He's playacting the corporate alpha male. I don't know what the ENTJ claimants are smoking, but I'm sure Barney would like some.)
Robin: ESTP 8w7 (A very generic grown up tomboy. The actress is attractive so people assume she has a feminine side (and therefore more depth). God, this show sucks.)
Marshall: ENFP 9w1 (Albeit with much less tertiary te and better inferior si than Barney)
Lily: ESFJ 2w3 (Like Monica, but a truly awful person)

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ted's future wife: "I know I'm just a stranger on a train who you tried to bite, but do you need a hug?" Total ENFJ 2w3