• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dave Chappelle

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mocking the less fortunate. Laughing at someone who got taser'd in public. Poking fun at Michael Jacksons trials and tribulations. Joking about RKelly peeing on 15 year olds. Does that really seem NF to you?

Sure. I know NFs that would.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mocking the less fortunate. Laughing at someone who got taser'd in public. Poking fun at Michael Jacksons trials and tribulations. Joking about RKelly peeing on 15 year olds. Does that really seem NF to you?

Joking about MJ and R. Kelly actually strikes me as kind of Fe. "These guys are not fitting in with our societal standards!"

[YOUTUBE="aUmYGLIubho"]A lot of Ne here[/YOUTUBE]

"Sesame street has hidden dynamics that you don't recognize" = Ni

His jokes are littered with Ni.

I can see why people would get xNTP because of his apparent insensitive vulgarity--Fe pushing boundaries because he knows what will offend people's sensibilities. Granted, an ENTP or an INFJ could do this, as they both tend to use Fe a fair amount, but I don't see what's Ne about the video you posted.

Also his occasional use of juvenile potty humor strikes me as very inferior Se.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ehhh, it's also a pretty INTx thing to do. Or just an introvert thing.

Yeah, I don't buy it. Even introverted NTs would suck it up and go through the motions to get 80 MILLION DOLLARS.

We can test this, though. Somebody offer Demetri Martin 80 million dollars and see if he takes it or goes on a sabbatical instead.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I don't buy it. Even introverted NTs would suck it up and go through the motions to get 80 MILLION DOLLARS.

We can test this, though. Somebody offer Demetri Martin 80 million dollars and see if he takes it or goes on a sabbatical instead.

How do you feel about INFJ for Chappelle?

(On a side note, isn't Demetri INFP?)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you feel about INFJ for Chappelle?

(On a side note, isn't Demetri INFP?)

Demetri has actually taken the test/typed himself and reportedly got INTJ (the source is somewhere on TypeC). I think his insights are pretty Ni (ignore what this symbol is supposed to mean at face value and think ___________ instead = humor OR ignore what this symbol really means and just take it at face value = humor).

Further complicating all of this is the fact that types often have skill in the opposing world view orientation (ENTPs who understand Ni, ENTJs who understand Ti etc etc ad nauseum). The most common "ambi"s seem to be ENTP/INTJ (stewie griffin). ENFP/INFJ is way less common, but it could be at play here...

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP

Maybe, maybe not. NT's have pretty strong principles as well.

IIRC the reason he quit the show is because they wanted to censor him and change his material. He wasnt getting as much freedom as he wanted to. Which is enough to offend any xxxP type. Especially an ExxP.

Really not getting J from him at all.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Before watching the Inside the Actors Studio (and I went on youtube and watched that whole interview), I would have guessed xNTP. Now I'm pretty much positive he's an NF, and probably an INF.

VagrantFarce

Watching the Actors Studio episode, he's definately ENFP.

It's. So. Damn. Obvious.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Watching the Actors Studio episode, he's definately ENFP.

It's. So. Damn. Obvious.

Gwen Stefani, Lead singer from RHCP, Dave Navarro, Chris Angel. Those are obvious ENFP's to me.

Care to explain how its so obvious to you?

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
enfp

he has that NP childlike demeanor i think his E is weak aswell, F because nearly all his humour is about people and underlying values that people can't see, an NTP would do some humour about people but i think NTP comedians base a lot of their humour on humans around the conventions of society and how stupid and illogical society is. There is something intense underlying all of chappelle's humour even the silly parts.