• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Popular ISTJs?

ygolo

My termites win
Jerry Seinfeld
Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Evander Holyfield

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jake from 16 Candles

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you're going by popular forum members who are ISTJ, I'd say Patches.

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I actually thought ISFJ, but then I've encountered very convincing arguments that he's ISTJ using Fi instead, and his extremely calm, centered, almost stern classically English demeanor does seem rather ISTJ.

There's a thread about it on this forum.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll have to look that thread up. I've seen him typed as INFJ. I might have thought INTJ...for some reason I thought he was an N. THe lyrics? The fascination with Jung? ;) I know, that doesn't necessarily prove anything.

IxxJ certainly seems right though. He's a sexy control freak, that one. ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know, his control freakiness is hot as fuck.

His adherence to tradition and propriety screams Fe or Si, IMO. So he would either be IxFJ or ISTJ, I think.

I see nothing about him that is spectacularly Ni, honestly.

And the more I looked at the arguments for his seeming lack of projected warmth, ISTJ made more sense.

He's quite ethical, I'll say that, and he's very fierce about it, but it could be Fi ethics.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a glance at that thread, but none of the reasoning in it was spectacular. It was mostly "Here is an interview. I think he is INFJ." "Well, I think he is ISTJ." etc ;)

He can be any type he wants as far as I'm concerned, and he is still amazingly awesome, talented and hot. But I'd be willing to consider ISTJ. As far as IxFJ I'd say INFJ seems much more possible to me than ISFJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sting, Bruce Springsteen, Freddy Mercury, Naomi Campbell, Chuck Norris, Jet Li, Mary J Blige, The Game,...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why do you think Sting is INFJ?

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I don't think I have a good argument for him being INFJ. ;) His lyrics seem to make a great many subtle and almost subconscious connections, which seems Ni to me, but...he is clearly a talented and exacting craftsman and that could be Si...weird, I just thought of a couple of ways Sting resembles my brother, who is a probable ISTJ. Sting is a lot cooler than my brother though. ;)

Sting could be a slightly megalomaniacal INFJ. They are certainly out there! But it could be a lack of Fe...he never struck me as especially diplomatic, more arrogant...and to me Fe has a lot to do with diplomacy... You mentioned how "proper" he seems, but that may just be the Englishness, and he is certainly profoundly English. I'm not sure that's Fe.

Another argument for him being INFJ is a somewhat indirect one - Stewart Copeland seems a likely ESTP and they always had an extremely volatile but artistically productive relationship - it seems to fit!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The more I thought about it the more his propriety seemed like IxTJ propriety to me, because he simply does not project Fe warmth despite his incredibly fierce ethics...and Fi can have ethics like that, very intense.

He doesn't just seem proper, there are many English people from his generation in popular, New Wave, and punk music...and he's one of the most proper of them all. It's not just because he's English.

I've seen MANY arguments for Sting being ISTJ off of this forum, on other web sites, but I won't insist if you believe he's another type, that's fine.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Victoria Backam is one also.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hmm... I would have guessed Sting to be an ISFP 4w5 .. That would explain the Fi, Ni , The poetry , the pretension the craftsmanship and his bohemian exterior.

What's also funny is I was listening to Synchronicity I and II earlier and even posted them in the "songs to describe your mood" thread.

How's that for synchronicity?? :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He's definitely not an ISFP.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, I'm not invested in him being any particular type. But I do think ISTJ/INFJ/INTJ are the most likely candidates.

ISFP...well my argument against that would be that Sting seems anything but laid back, and I think of ISFPs as being very laid back... I have a good friend who is a talented artist and almost certainly ISFP. While we have both praised each other's laid-backness, I know for a fact that while we both have pretty calm exteriors, she has a far more calm interior than I do and does not get wound up/hung up the way I do...

I wonder about the enneagram though! I'd have to think about that some more. Hm, we've hijacked this into a thread about Sting. Carry on everyone. ;)