• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Julia Roberts' type

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Contrary to my usual policy, I'm not going to throw out my tentative typing here in the OP. (That way, it'll be easier for me to approach your arguments objectively and realize I'm wrong. :rolleyes:)

Having the best chemistry I've seen anyone have with David Letterman (2003): Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Arsenio Hall interview (1990): Part 1, Part 2

Usehername

On a mission
ENFJ who comes off as a mild Introvert because she is a stalked celebrity who guards her personal life.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
ENFP or ESFJ - I know those are widely disparate, but that's the first thing that popped into my head.

Usehername

On a mission
ENFJ who comes off as a mild Introvert because she is a stalked celebrity who guards her personal life.

another vote for ENFJ after hearing she's Oprah's best friend/all the qualities she values in oprah (like attracts like)

also, "i'm sorry, dave... i just want you to have joy" (re: her teasing him that he has to introduce the mother of his child as the Mother of My Child instead of My Wife)

Usehername

On a mission
* You can be true to the character all you want, but you've go to go home with yourself.

* You know I'm like a total geek, right? First of all, I sit on the set and knit. It's a very social hobby, as opposed to reading at work - I can chat with people and still be fully engaged.

JR

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
I can't back it up properly but she reminds me very much of my INTP friend.

Oh, but the I is certain though. That I can back up (using her own words) at some other time.

Usehername

On a mission
I can't back it up properly but she reminds me very much of my INTP friend.

Oh, but the I is certain though. That I can back up (using her own words) at some other time.

i would like to hear your argument for INTP. She would be another NT who chooses to use NF skills then?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I too see a lot of Ti in the interviews. But Blackwater told me his guess before I started researching her so I might be biased. :doh:

IMO, her winning and willing smile is what makes her seem warm. Try listening to her without watching, especially in the Arsenio Hall interview when she was only 23. She's actually quite analytical IMO. Also, in the Letterman interview, I interpret her insistence on the marriage stuff as TP playfulness rather than FJ preaching.

Quotes:

I'm too tall to be a girl, I never had enough dresses to be a lady, I wouldn't call myself a woman. I'd say I'm somewhere between a chick and a broad.

It's funny when people say, 'I don't think Julia likes me.' Honey, if I don't like you, you're going to know about it.

I've sort of grown into my cuteness.

"I get dressed up like a doll, a nice man puts lipstick on my lips and I say words - it's deeply satisfying" - on the essence of her job

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
FJs have Ti in their function order and believe it or not we actually play and joke around with people without preaching :) Can you believe I've had a few people actually tell me I was analytical?!

Honestly, I don't know what type she is. I wouldn't rule out extrovert. Why do people think extroverts must always be the loudest dancing on top of tables?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
FJs have Ti in their function order and believe it or not we actually play and joke around with people without preaching :) Can you believe I've had a few people actually tell me I was analytical?!

Honestly, I don't know what type she is. I wouldn't rule out extrovert. Why do people think extroverts must always be the loudest dancing on top of tables?

:huh: proteanmix, do you really think we are being that biased here?

The Letterman thing is a question of JR insisting that Letterman get married. She's being forthright to the point where I'd say it's either preachy or a question of her being naturally tactless. Personally I lean toward the latter.

Also, ENFJs can be analytical to be sure, but as a dominant trait for an actress with little education...? When comparing with Kate Winslet I don't really see any similarities.

And who has dissed extroversion in this thread? :huh:

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
:huh: proteanmix, do you really think we are being that biased here?

The Letterman thing is a question of JR insisting that Letterman get married. She's being forthright to the point where I'd say it's either preachy or a question of her being naturally tactless. Personally I lean toward the latter.

Also, ENFJs can be analytical to be sure, but as a dominant trait for an actress with little education...? When comparing with Kate Winslet I don't really see any similarities.

And who has dissed extroversion in this thread? :huh:

No, I didn't think anyone was dissing extroverts!

I was commenting about how Ti would manifest itself in an FJ in a non-negative manner and not ruling the possibility of extrovert out, that is all. :)

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Whatever type she is, she's very secure and confident. She's a healthy version of her type, and I think she accepts all of herself. That being so, whatever functions she uses she uses well, and she's not letting any one function control her - they all seem to work in harmony. It's way harder to tell which type she is.

Rough, first-impression guess - she uses Fi in her top four functions, not Fe. She doesn't seem as, how should I say - schooled and reticent as Fe might make her. She's very comfortable and relaxed, but also very personal and playful, but not in the polite, attentive, I'll-fasten-on-my-listening-ears way that Fe usually is. She talks more than most Fe types I know.

Then again, she seems really healthy, so I don't know.

MBTI Type
ENTP
No one is forcibly guiding your mouse to click on the link that leads to this sub-forum.
oh really? THANKS.

If I could ignore the sub-forum, I wouldn't have to circumvent the latest type-a-random-celeb thread by clicking on MBTI, Enneagram, and other personality matrices each time I want to look at something else (which is every time). Did you know that you can ignore users? Same principle.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I heard INFP on one of those websites that has a list of famous people based on type. Just to let you know... Do whatever you want with that... :whistling:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't have a strong read on her, but based on this quote I think she's an extravert. (Also she seems like a extravert from her interviews.)

You know I'm like a total geek, right? First of all, I sit on the set and knit. It's a very social hobby, as opposed to reading at work - I can chat with people and still be fully engaged.

She somewhat reminds me of an ESTP friend of mine, so that is my guess for her.