• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Royal Tenenbaums

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I've seen multiple references to this movie and its characters floating around, but no dedicated thread. Therefore...

Royal: EN/STP
Mom: IN/STJ
Chas: INTJ
Margot: INFP
Richie: ISFP
Eli: ESFP
Henry: ISTJ
Raleigh: INTP

Other guesses? Or do you agree?

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Good call!

Royal: ESTP

Henry and Eli I agree. Richie probably ISFP.

Not sure on the others but they seem good guesses.

Great film.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the fact that Gwynneth Paltrow's character smoked her whole life and successfully kept it from her family was hilarious. How many kids could pull that off?

Luke Wilson as the eccentric tennis pro was hysterical too.

I love that film.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
gene hackman is entp and angelica houston is infp/intj (i go with intj, she reminds me of phil jackson with Ni)? i think luke wilson is isfp. gwyneth is infp, owen wilson is enfp, and ben stiller is istp?

i think in the movie chas' character doesn't really make sense. he looks structured on the surface but his Fe is killing him. i can almost see entjishness but i get inferior Fe not Fi, i get less developed Ni, and i'm not sure his overstructuredness is just total mental breakdown. royal is more flying by the seat of his pants estp than entp, he doesn't really have a long-range vision of the future so much as he's an awesome fast-talking lawyer type "you're true blue, ethel." eli as esfp makes sense, still a 7w6 (like owen wilson), and henry is 100% istj.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Because she reminds me of a female INTP I know. Why does everyone think F?

Probably because she's a playwright who is quiet and secretive...and, well, depressed.