• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of Villians

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
Evil INTP guess

Milton Waddams (red swingline stapler)
Clyde Shelton (Law Abiding Citizen)
The Puppet Master (Ghost in the Shell)

Theory/psychological profile
This class of criminals are about undermining a system rather than a specific person. They see that there is something wrong with society, or a way of doing things and so they study and create ways of interrupting and dissolving these systems. Their execution strategy is through intermediaries: working only through messengers. It's extremely rare to find an INTP personally killing someone except in those cases of personal retribution or personal vindication.

The difference between an INTJ and INTP criminal is that an INTP will give the current system a try and then find that the system's bad parts outweigh the good parts. The INTJ criminal will reject the current system an try to install a new one of their design. In short general terms, INTP will try a bad system, INTJ will reject it on definitive grounds or on principle.

The aftermath of a successful plan is somewhat different for the two. I suspect that the evil INTJ will want to rule this new paradigm and therefore will show their face at some point for the public to recognize their new leader. The evil INTP will be extremely difficult to catch because they wouldn't mind being the janitor or secretary of the new system, therefore never showing their face. To catch the evil INTP is to apply pressure and monitor movement patterns and resource usages. The general weakness of the evil INTP is love.

So what would the weakness of the INTJ be?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I'd also cite Scott Pritchard from No Way Out as an ISFJ villain. He'd do anything for his boss/possible crush... up to and including framing someone else for a murder his boss committed in the heat of the moment. Pretty creepy guy, IMO.

I'd also make a case for a Fi-using villain being someone who uses people for hir own amusement or personal goals, treating them as tools to be used - or discarded - in pursuit of very personal obsessions/vendettas (ex.: the main villain from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyFLFv7NRcg&feature=related"]Mithos[/YOUTUBE]

I think that Mithos is an evil and insane xNFJ... there IS such a thing as an NF villain, but as you'll see, it's a very sad thing indeed. :frown:

Mithos is certainly an INFP. on that note though, I love NF villains :laugh:

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
good and evil are consequence of information lack and imagemaking :) all things objectively are neutral in essense, only a person feels them as good (like it) or evil (not like it). Anyway, modern culture have stereotypes to say.

some come to mind:

ENTP - amoral swindler (Moister in "Going Postal")
INTP - dark depressive magician (Severus in "Harry Potter" movie)
ENFJ - bloody dictator with new philosophy (Hitler, Palpatine in "Star Wars" movie)
ISTJ - bloody dictator conservative (Stalin, Vlad Dracul)
ESTP - bloody conqueror (Genghis Khan)

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For some reason I always thought Satlin was an E, but I guess now that I think about it I don't have any real idea of what he was like in person, just more or less what he did and some ideas on his psychology and motivation. I suppose I just always imagined him as kind of gregarious. I guess I know Lenin didn't like him, called him a thug and explicitly warned not to let Stalin take over for him (in vain, obviously).

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Ah, found a clip from Trials and Tribulations.
WARNING SPOILERS.

(The context is a bit hard to decipher if you didn't play the game so far, but the Fi villain is the woman on the stand; she's a dead spirit being channeled by a medium, so she believes she can say anything without consequences - most of the game has her putting on an "oh, I'm such a frail, innocent lady" façade)

"Helping...? Don't make me laugh. From the day I was born to the day I died, I never helped anyone! I lived for myself and, in the end, I died for myself."

(Curiously, she's also talking about her mother, an excellent example of a Fe villain - and probably an ISFJ one!)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Oh! How about the Other Mother from Coraline as an ISFJ villain?

You may come when you learn to be a loving daughter. :azdaja:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
^^ Fe-dom.

An ESFJ villain, then? (You are talking about the Other Mother, right?)

On that note, how about Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter as another ESFJ antagonist?

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
If you ask me, there is no inherently 'evil type.' However, if I had to choose a type that is frequently perceived as evil, it is most definitely the INTJ.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
If you ask me, there is no inherently 'evil type.' However, if I had to choose a type that is frequently perceived as evil, it is most definitely the INTJ.

I think the thread is more about what different types look like when they are villains/antagonists...

I agree with the INTJ thing, though. Te can be quite scary when used for nefarious purposes. :yes:

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP
An ESFJ villain, then? (You are talking about the Other Mother, right?)

I'm thinking ENFJ, actually. She's making shrewd guesses about what Coraline would like, not basing things on her past experiences.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I'm thinking ENFJ, actually. She's making shrewd guesses about what Coraline would like, not basing things on her past experiences.

Hmmm.... that makes sense! Granted, ESFJs have tertiary Ne, but it's mostly a "relief" function (hence why I think ESFJs are the SPs of the SJs) and can often end up working like this:

(Healthy Fe) "Do you want/need X?" "No, thanks." "Hmmm... looks like s/he doesn't want/need X. I'll leave it alone, then."

(Fe + immature Ne) "Do you want/need X?" "No, thanks." "Oh well, I'll do X anyway - you never know!" (Why the hell did you even ask, then?)

It's like Hobson's Choice, but without the "choice" part. :rolli:

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2

Yup. That would be me as a villain :hi:

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I think evil ENFJs typically make a perfect first impression. You know, the person who turns up from nowhere, and immidiately gains your trust. The 'too good to be true'-type. Then when you're all dependent, you find out that the ENFJ controls everything - and has had a masterplan all the time to destroy you. :newwink:

Mysterious15

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Um.......I think an evil INFJ would be one who has been hurt so badly by a friend that they start ignoring them completely. Not listening to the friends side of the story and doing many things they would regret. They don't want to talk about it with anyone but always think about it......in the end the poor friend is told that there is no relationship between them anymore. After a very long time, a year or so, the INFJ realizes their mistake and tries patching it up with their poor mistreated friend hating themselves for doing such things.......hahaha this sounds unbelievable but thats the best I could think of for an evil INFJ.....:D I think INFJ's once hurt deeply can not ever truly forget the pain, they will forgive......but never forget. (in their minds that is) ^^

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Um.......I think an evil INFJ would be one who has been hurt so badly by a friend that they start ignoring them completely. Not listening to the friends side of the story and doing many things they would regret. They don't want to talk about it with anyone but always think about it......in the end the poor friend is told that there is no relationship between them anymore. After a very long time, a year or so, the INFJ realizes their mistake and tries patching it up with their poor mistreated friend hating themselves for doing such things.......hahaha this sounds unbelievable but thats the best I could think of for an evil INFJ.....:D I think INFJ's once hurt deeply can not ever truly forget the pain, they will forgive......but never forget. (in their minds that is) ^^

NFs in general make great "hurt villains", I think. INFJs can also turn villainous by becoming extremists, like a more personable version of the classic INTJ mastermind. (So can INFPs, due to dominant Fi, but I suppose they're less strategic and better with improvisation)

Lotr246

You just perfectly described what I did to one of my friends who needed me. It got to a point where they depended on me so much, and I was dealing with things myself, that I couldn't handle it anymore. For once, I had to protect myself, which meant completely ignoring and hating them for causing so much unneeded stress in my life. And yes, it took about a year to get over it. And like you said, the wounds are still there..where I'm like, do I want to get into this again? It's happened quite a bit with other people, too. I think it comes from opening myself up for (not to) people, and they take it to an extreme, becoming the crutch they lean on.

Mysterious15

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Really? Well actually I did it to one of my friends too, we were all pretty young and other factors were involved but I remember being completely absorbed in my hurt, so much that I just did not want to listen......after a year though I kept on feeling guilty and eventually made up with her (really I don't know how she was able to talk to me again) we were both wrong and I have promised myself never to do it again......it only makes you hate yourself in the end, and I am glad its over....
On to the brighter side I am glad my description sounded a bit reasonable ^^
I understand what you mean, one of my friends also used to run to me with every problem, and even though I really loved helping her, it became too much and I had to draw a line......though this was after that incident and I was in control of myself, so she was able to get the message and back off.......really the thing which bothered me most was that no matter how many times a told her a solution to one particular problem she would come back to me the next day making excuses, with me having to explain it all again......after I while though I stopped trying to make her understand, some people learn from experience, also there was no point in there being stress for both me and her...:D