• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Family Guy

What is Brian's MBTI?

• INTP

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Some Other Type

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, but that's all stuff that actually happened. He's not being innovative or coming up with anything original.

And what OneWithSoul said about Brian is absolutely correct. I can't even see why anyone would think he's emotional as opposed to logical, over all the other possible differences in his personality.

Well, I think it's pretty obvious in the premise to Family Guy that none of those "REMEMBER THAT TIME THIS HAPPENED??" cut scenes actually happened; they're all just Peter imagining silly scenarios with his goofy Ne.

Are you going to argue that these are actually Si just because they're written into the show as "this actually happened", despite the obvious fact that none of these cut scenes ever have ANYTHING to do with the plot at hand or are ever spoken of again?

And by the way...F doesn't mean "emotional" and T doesn't mean "logical." Read up!

He is totally not an INFP. He is being liberal and FAIR not necessarily ethical. It's typical of NTs.

He didn't do it because he emotionally and compassionately felt it, he did it because it was the right thing and the fair thing to do. He was stern and protested and this is a common misconception with NFs.

Don't assume he's an INFP because of this.

I am pretty sure he's an INTP.

Plus, an INFP would have been too worried about hurting people along the way. No way is he an F.

This is an excellent point. Hasn't anyone ever noticed how INFPs consider themselves "highly logical" and INTPs usually consider themselves to have very strong senses of ethics?

This is because Ti and Fi are BOTH logical, just different forms of logic. Ti can lead a lot of TP types to Fi-looking actions because it's still a conscience in the same way that Fi is--the two are much more similar than people think.

"This would result in a clear inconsistency in the logic behind my moral system" can look suspiciously similar to "this makes me upset by directly violating my feeling ethics."

Brian is hilariously INTP. (Yes, there's such a thing as liberal Thinking types!)

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well, I think it's pretty obvious in the premise to Family Guy that none of those "REMEMBER THAT TIME THIS HAPPENED??" cut scenes actually happened; they're all just Peter imagining silly scenarios with his goofy Ne.
Are you going to argue that these are actually Si just because they're written into the show as "this actually happened", despite the obvious fact that none of these cut scenes ever have ANYTHING to do with the plot at hand or are ever spoken of again?
I never thought of it that way. It's a fictional show though. It doesn't have to be, and especially in the case of this one, usually isn't, realistic.

I strongly doubt that the writers are writing the show with the MBTI in mind. Like I said before, it doesn't have to make sense, and the way I see it, it's the writers' imagination, not Peter's.
And by the way...F doesn't mean "emotional" and T doesn't mean "logical." Read up!

(facepalm) Not at you though; at myself. I should've known better. I didn't pick the correct words to use. I was just trying to emphasize how I don't understand why anyone would think he's an F-type at all.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I really fail to see how it could be any other way.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I know.

People like to think that brian's type is too obvious, so they getting all objective about it, and scavenger hunting around to pin another type down on him, but in the end they are just wrong and they fail.

Brian is more of an INTP than John Wayne was a rebel without a cause.

redacted

People like to think that brian's type is too obvious, so they getting all objective about it, and scavenger hunting around to pin another type down on him, but in the end they are just wrong and they fail.

Moot argument since it could be applied to any of this shit.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Here's why Brian can't possibly be an INFP:

Jillian: [vomits]
Stewie Griffin: Good Lord, Brian, what was that?
Brian Griffin: Oh, that was just Jillian. She's got this eating disorder, she's bulimic.
Stewie Griffin: Woah, really?
Brian Griffin: Yeah, her hair's falling out, and yesterday she just lost a tooth.
Stewie Griffin: Really?
Brian Griffin: Yeah, but that purging just makes her look fabulous.
Brian Griffin: I mean, that's what the supermodels do, and let me tell you, some of them just look so good.
Jillian: [vomits again, but this time more violently]
Brian Griffin: Karen Carpenter overdid it, but I think Jillian's found a good balance.

redacted

Here's why Brian can't possibly be an INFP:

Jillian: [vomits]
Stewie Griffin: Good Lord, Brian, what was that?
Brian Griffin: Oh, that was just Jillian. She's got this eating disorder, she's bulimic.
Stewie Griffin: Woah, really?
Brian Griffin: Yeah, her hair's falling out, and yesterday she just lost a tooth.
Stewie Griffin: Really?
Brian Griffin: Yeah, but that purging just makes her look fabulous.
Brian Griffin: I mean, that's what the supermodels do, and let me tell you, some of them just look so good.
Jillian: [vomits again, but this time more violently]
Brian Griffin: Karen Carpenter overdid it, but I think Jillian's found a good balance.

I never knew INFPs all had the same exact value set and sense of humor. Interesting.

Meh. Anyways, no one's ever gonna agree. I should really stop posting in this thread :)

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I never knew INFPs all had the same exact value set and sense of humor. Interesting.

Meh. Anyways, no one's ever gonna agree. I should really stop posting in this thread :)

Sense of humor? I'm an infp and I think it's funny.

Anyway, plenty of people in this thread do agree as far as Brian's type. And the way that Brian callously approaches the problems of his bimbo girlfriend who he keeps around not for emotional support but for his own sexual gratification without regard for her well-being is extremely out of character for an NF. Not saying it doesn't happen, but seriously?

redacted

Sense of humor? I'm an infp and I think it's funny.

Anyway, plenty of people in this thread do agree as far as Brian's type. And the way that Brian callously approaches the problems of his bimbo girlfriend who he keeps around not for emotional support but for his own sexual gratification without regard for her well-being is extremely out of character for an NF. Not saying it doesn't happen, but seriously?

I guess I should rephrase: I'm never going to agree. Well, maybe I will, but I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here.

Peace out.

:)

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I guess I should rephrase: I'm never going to agree. Well, maybe I will, but I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here.

Peace out.

:)

I understand, sometimes he doesn't use his head like he should, like in the episode where he cheated on the physics test and he let the situation carry on further than it should have. Of course, no one's saying he has to be 100% towards either end of the spectrum anyway.

redacted

okay you guys win; i'm changing my stance on brian to INTP. he seems to articulate truth judgments more than value judgments.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Peter: ENFP (motive over pragmatic)
Louis: ENFJ
(i dont think shes a good example of ENFJ...but she just seems more IN-CHARGE than an ESFJ)
Meg: ISFJ (behind the scenes)
Chris: ISFP (" " ")

Stewie: ENTP (GET THINGS GOING)
Brian: INTP (liberal =/= F)

Adam West: INFJ
Quagmire: ESTP

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Peter- ENFP
Louis- ENFJ
Stewie- INTJ
Brian- INTP
Chris- ISFJ

You can see the obvious inter-type tension between Brian and Stewie the entire show.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really, REALLY hate Brian no matter what type he is.

Quagmire summed it up perfectly.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Louis: ENFJ
(i dont think shes a good example of ENFJ...but she just seems more IN-CHARGE than an ESFJ)

Stewie: ENTP (GET THINGS GOING)

Adam West: INFJ

Okay after watching some more family guy:

Louis: EXFJ (when shes written as the "straight character", shes ESFJ; when she takes center stage in an episode she often appears a little more directing...which would mean ENFJ...but it still doesnt feel right).

Stewie: INTJ Sometimes he's more informing when it suits the scheme, but otherwise he's more chart the course.

Adam West: ENTP definite Ne dom! (the smack 'em episode!)

R

Riva

Stewie - eNTJ
Brian - INTP
Peter - ESFP (see: Homer Simpson)
Lois - ISFJ (see: Marge Simpson)
Chris - ISFP
Meg - ISFJ

It is obvious that family guy guilty of plagiarism. But no way the characters in family guy reflect the characters of Simpsons.

Peter - His dominant Ne is obvious. You have to have Ne to be that crazy.
Lois - ESTJ (She is no Fe ate all)

peter - ENFP -- the N is so apparent. remember, N does not mean smart.
stewie - xNTJ
brian - INFP -- always acts as peter's morality check. i'll link an episode if you guys don't believe me
chris - ISFP
meg - ISFJ
lois - xSxJ (for some reason i can't type her...)

Agree.
But Brian I would say is an INTP.

lisa is INFJ, not ISFJ. Ni vision, not Si physical stability.

im not saying your wrong...but first question, explain why the N is so apparent. second question, if they are both XNFP's why would peter need a moral advisor, third question, are you sure lois is an SJ

im just wondering

:coffee:

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
OK, I watch this like everynight. IMO:

Stewie - INTJ
Brian - INTP
Peter - ENFP
Lois - ISFJ
Chris - ISFP
Meg - Unpopular ESFJ