• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Family Guy

What is Brian's MBTI?

• INTP

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Some Other Type

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

redacted

he always makes random comments that have nothing to do with the specific situation. he'll relate some aspect of the situation to something in a completely different context.

he's all about metaphor. bad metaphor, yes, but metaphor nonetheless.

an Se dom would focus on the situation for what it is. he doesn't see situations like that; he sees them as relations to other contexts.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
why S? he's always relating things to other random contexts. at least in season 4-6.

and Fi isn't necessarily "nice". peter shows absolutely no sign of Ti at all. he doesn't care about how things work; he cares about how he feels about them.

why does everyone think brian is INTP? it must be the same "Fi is nice" stereotype. he's constantly thinking about how things affect him. he agonizes over moral issues, etc. plus, where's the Ti? i don't see any. any T i see seems to be Te.

agree.

just because someone has Ne and Fi doesn't make them YOU. i know plenty of ENFPs -- my best friend is one. but there are others that i stay the hell away from.

both Ne and Fi are pretty damn variable across people. different connections made, different value systems.

you getting offended suggests that you misapply MBTI.

I would say that Brian=INTJ then.
I'm still not sold on the fact that Peter is an F or an N.. if anything he shows more Fe than Fi, at least in the first few seasons (haven't watched so much of Family Guy these days, to be honest..) Finally, Artisan fits him a hell lot better than Idealist..

redacted

yeah i think peter's character has changed a lot in the last few seasons.

look at brian's therapy sessions and stuff. or...how he talks to the family about gillian. i'll watch some episodes and quote some stuff later.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Holy crap! I watched some of the newer episodes.. any sign of T in Peter is gone! He is definitely an F now. ENFP is a possibility, lol.. just a not very bright iNtuitive.

Brian, I'm still sold on INTJ. He still seems very NT. INTJ's have a sensitive side too.. and that is simply his underdeveloped Fi

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Memo from the League of ENFPs

Oh hell no you are not pinning this on us. Frickin' NoCap keeps trying to palm off Michael Scott (egads) from The Office on us. We have our hands full defending our league from maladapted wannabes.

I think Peter is actually an ESTP. He seems to be a lot more cold, uncaring, and unaware of others' emotions than the ESFP Homer.

At least Homer is aware of Lisa's existence, Peter literally forgets about Meg. He is a T, not an F.. just not a very bright T.

And yes Stewie is an INTJ!
Brian is likely an INTP though.. maybe ENTJ.

THANK YOU Mondo.

I concur. Peter seems like an ESTP. Though he is technically Petarded, so I don't know if that changes the analysis.

And Brian is strangely attractive...for a dog.

Then again, I always thought Justin (a rat) from The Secret of Nimh was a hottie.

No, Pumyra from Thundercats! Now there was a hottie!

:horor:

OMG, where did I just take this thread to?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Family Guy Types?

Stewie: ??
Brian: ??
Peter: ??
Louis: ??
Chris: ??
Meg: ??

-sorry if I spelled any names wrong.

go go go!!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Stewie - eNTJ
Brian - INTP
Peter - ESFP (see: Homer Simpson)
Lois - ISFJ (see: Marge Simpson)
Chris - ISFP
Meg - ISFJ

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I would agree for the most part but I think Meg is a socially unpopular ESFJ.
If she was more Introverted, she would probably be something similar to Lisa Simpson, who usually doesn't take not being the most popular into account.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stewie always makes me wonder where I put my weapons of mass destruction from when I was a baby ;) He's entj alright.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You talkin' to me, boy? :smile:

Royal Xavier

MBTI Type
INXP
Peter--ESFP
Lois--ENFJ
Stewie--INTJ(though he acts like an E in some of the later episodes)
Meg--ISFP
Chris--ESFP
Brian--INTP

redacted

peter - ENFP -- the N is so apparent. remember, N does not mean smart.
stewie - xNTJ
brian - INFP -- always acts as peter's morality check. i'll link an episode if you guys don't believe me
chris - ISFP
meg - ISFJ
lois - xSxJ (for some reason i can't type her...)

If she was more Introverted, she would probably be something similar to Lisa Simpson, who usually doesn't take not being the most popular into account.

lisa is INFJ, not ISFJ. Ni vision, not Si physical stability.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
peter - ENFP -- the N is so apparent. remember, N does not mean smart.
stewie - xNTJ
brian - INFP -- always acts as peter's morality check. i'll link an episode if you guys don't believe me
chris - ISFP
meg - ISFJ
lois - xSxJ (for some reason i can't type her...)

lisa is INFJ, not ISFJ. Ni vision, not Si physical stability.

im not saying your wrong...but first question, explain why the N is so apparent. second question, if they are both XNFP's why would peter need a moral advisor, third question, are you sure lois is an SJ

im just wondering

redacted

im not saying your wrong...but first question, explain why the N is so apparent.

the entire show is centered around peter making random connections. (this is more apparent in seasons 4-6)

second question, if they are both XNFP's why would peter need a moral advisor

i guess it's possible peter is an ENTP. either way, his feeling function is corrupt and at the mercy of his dominant extroverted intuition. brian, on the other hand, has dominant introverted feeling -- he's not likely to lose sight of that.

third question, are you sure lois is an SJ

no. just a hunch. she doesn't seem N to me at all, though.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ok i would agree with this, my original thought was what your aiming at with peter being an ENTP. The random connection thing makes sense but he almost doesn't care about how people feel in a way. That to say, his tertiary function is Fe which flares out every once in a while. I need to watch the show before i start tearing this stuff apart lol. and good call on peter

redacted

the only reason i lean towards ENFP for peter is he seems to be more focused on pursuing what he thinks is cool than pursuing what is true. also, introverted feeling doesn't care at all about what other people feel (because that falls under the realm of external evidence, which would be an extroverted function's job), especially if it is corrupt.

meh, he could be ENTP, though. it almost doesn't matter because his Ne runs so rampant -- there's almost no conscious filter on it :)