• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Family Guy

What is Brian's MBTI?

• INTP

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Some Other Type

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Peter: ENFP
Lois: ISTP
Chris: ESFP
Meg: ISFJ
Stewie: INTJ
Brian: INFP

Cleveland: ESFP
Quagmire: ISTP
Joe: INFJ

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I dont get how someone could say that peter is ESFP instead ENFP, i mean he has no idea what is going on in the real world, which basically takes out of being Se dom completely.

Brian an Fi dom? lol he pretty much an epitome of Ti dom and the fact that the way he thinks is more tied to possibilities being reasoned than thinking following sensations, kinda takes away the idea of Se aux. Even his profession as a writer pretty much screams INTP > ISTP

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Peter griffin enfp
Meg infp 2w3
Stewie intj
Chris isfp
Lois istj

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i'm positive stewie is an INTJ. He reminds me of every INTJ i've ever encountered and i often call the intj boyfriend stewie, because they are basically the same person.

I've just watched a rerun of Family Guy, so I've come back to this thread to reiterate my statement that Stewie is an ISTJ, found here:

Whoever wrote "Stewie - INTJ....what with the homoeroticism an all" - I just want you to know that that was a really stupid comment.

@Simulated World, who is the only contender on this entire thread for getting these types correct, says "I'd personally change Stewie to ENTP and Brian to INTP, though...Brian is such an intellectual snob!" Brian is an INFP, an idealist, a writer, and a liberal. There is a slight hint of Te-inferior there due to his liberal desire to change the world, although obviously not to rule it. And Stewie as an ENTP doesn't fit the mold. @Simulated World has accurately pin-pointed Stewie's Ne, except he mislabeled it a dominant type.

@Simulated World also wrote: "Peter is a clear ENFP. Every episode is nonstop Ne with him. "Hey remember that time this irrelevant thing happened? That reminds me of this other time THIS irrelevant thing happened, which is similar to this other irrelevant story..."

It's just incredibly Ne, all the time. Why do you assume he's an S? Because he's an idiot?"

Yes!

No, not really. It's because the reminiscing about 'this time' and 'that time' is not an Ne trait. Also, there is never anything clear about an ENFP, being as it is one of the introverted extroverts of the MBTI and is easily confused with an INFP. Peter is too insanely extroverted to be anything but an ESTP. But he is an ESTP with some obvious mental issues that point to his Ni-inferior, particularly regarding his far-out fantasy life that can immediately be physicalized because it's a cartoon.

"For once I agree with you. I can't fathom how anyone could believe Peter is an NF - he has no fucking soul." Well, that's one way to put it... Although considering this from the Keirsian perspective was rather unexpected.

"He lacks judgement." That's about the only true (and very understated) thing I've read about Peter in this entire thread.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
peter griffin.jpg

ESFP (Although I have seen great arguments for extremely dumb ENFP) :)

loisfamilyguy.jpg

ISFJ (and ISFj in socionics as well)

chrisfamilyguy.jpg

ISFP

megfamilyguy.jpg

ISFJ

brianfamilyguy.jpg

INTP (arguably F)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
rian is very much an INFP-plays his dards close to the chest that one.
View attachment 13953If this isn't an Ne dom then I don't know what is

View attachment 13933

And Stewie is a tough one. I say INTJ, but arguably ISTJ. But yes, I would say he has gotten more and more inconsistant as the seasons have passed. He has almost transformed a bit, from a strong singular Ni focus to branching out in an Ne sort of way. But Te has remained strong for sure.

View attachment 13967B

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Definitely too tangential to be anything but ENP.

petergriffin.jpg

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Lois griffin isfp 9w8 with weak se
Peter griffin estp
Chris same
Brian Griffin isfp
Stewie intj at the beginning
Meg griffin infp 4w5

supersleuth

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Seth MacFarlane has said that Brian is supposed to be himself as a character. And Seth is an ENTP. So....I'd say Brian is more likely to be an INTP than INFP.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lois griffin isfp 9w8 with weak se
Peter griffin estp
Chris same
Brian Griffin isfp
Stewie intj at the beginning
Meg griffin infp 4w5

You recently like typing everything as ISFP, bud.

Seth MacFarlane has said that Brian is supposed to be himself as a character. And Seth is an ENTP. So....I'd say Brian is more likely to be an INTP than INFP.

I found it pretty clear while watching the show that Brian was modeled after MacFarlane, himself, and acts as the voice of reason. INTP seems likely. It's not like INTPs aren't concerned with "doing the right thing." That's certainly not limited to Fi doms. And suggesting otherwise makes all T types sound psychopathic.

jamaikai

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Peter griffin - Ne dom
Louis - ESFJ
Brian - INFP
Stewie - INTJ in the first seasons at least i think ''Victory shall be mine'' and all that
Meg - Se? Wanting to appear cool, maybe image problems rather than Se
Joe Swanson - ISTJ
:shock:

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Ugh I hate Brian so much. I think he's an INTP? (This isn't to say I hate INTPs - I just hate Brian.)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked Brian in the earlier seasons but the character gradually evolved into a self-righteous liberal d-bag with double standards regarding women.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Peter Griffin : I actually think he's a really stupid version of an ENFP. I don't see much Se in him. He's more into crazy ideas and he seems to be scattered and idealistic, that's a difference between him and Homer Simpson.

Lois: no idea

Stewie: xNTJ

Meg: ISFP

Brian: ENFP

Chris: ESTP

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Brian is definitely an INTP or ENTP. He values logic over emotion and, although he has strong personal views, those views are based on what makes sense to him (Ti). I identify with him a lot; I am also a writer and a somewhat outspoken liberal. Not sure why some people are saying ISTP... Brian always has big ideas and is very focused on the future (Ne).

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Brian is definitely an INTP or ENTP. He values logic over emotion and, although he has strong personal views, those views are based on what makes sense to him (Ti). I identify with him a lot; I am also a writer and a somewhat outspoken liberal. Not sure why some people are saying ISTP... Brian always has big ideas and is very focused on the future (Ne).
That is good

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Peter Griffin-ESFP
Lois Griffin-ISFJ
Chris Griffin- ISFP
Meg Griffin-ISFJ
Stewie- INTJ
Brian- INTP

Cattis93

MBTI Type
INFP
Peter Griffin-ESFP He is bold, but also imaginative, impulsive and like to entertain/get attention
Lois Griffin-ENFJ/ESFJ She is extrovert, likes to structur the household a bit, a bit bold and likes attention too.
Chris Griffin- ISXP He's on his own and doesn't mind it, he's a relaxed and do his own thing.
Meg Griffin-ESFP/ENFP She is OFC extrovert, the only reason why she isn't too much with people is because she gets rejected. She likes talking, she's a feeler.
Stewie- INTJ He is exited, determined, have a plan for most, like ideas, strive to be better than best, great confidence and so on.
Brian- INTP He likes coming up with ideas, write, he like to be "different" - intelligent, good at what he does and so on.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Same, and he's basically the only relateable character on the show. But with all the wackiness, I wouldn't be surprised if most everyone who watched it viewed him that way. He's supposed to be playing the straight man/voice of reason. However, that doesn't stop me from highly considering INFP as well as INTP.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Same, and he's basically the only relateable character on the show. But with all the wackiness, I wouldn't be surprised if most everyone who watched it viewed him that way. He's supposed to be playing the straight man/voice of reason. However, that doesn't stop me from highly considering INFP as well as INTP.

He's the only character I feel relatable out of the entire show, really. And he has always struck me as an xNTP type before even getting to know him. Probably more so INTP though. Not sure about what would indicate E