• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sigourney Weaver's type

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
So I've been on the lookout for INTP actors and actresses, and I wonder if Sigourney Weaver might be a candidate.

Written interview 1
Written interview 2

YouTube video embedding doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment, but here are old-fashioned links:

[EDIT: You might want to start with the videos in post #4.]

On the Late Late Show

Interview also with Alan Rickman about their movie Snow Cake

Repeatedly forcing an interview back on (the) topic (of ocean acidification)

I'm particularly interested in the opinions of people who are well acquainted with at least one INTP woman who is mature in both senses of the word. (I can do my own armchair theorizing, tyvm! :))

Last edited:

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I actually have seen her listed as an INTJ on a couple of sources, but I don't know for sure.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
She does seem INTP for these reasons:

• talks about things being interesting as if that were the most important criteria
  • nerd in high school
  • likes to explore different roles
  • likes Star Trek
  • interested in the whole concept of aliens
  • doesn't really like being out away from family = introvert
  • says that science fiction isn't really fiction, that she envisions some of it happening
  • says she's not discplined enough to work on something she doesn't really believe in
  • seems to go on tangents while talking exactly like I do (other people tell me they're tangents anyway ;))

Here are some quotes, many of which seem INTP:

Sigourney Weaver .org - Biography, Picture, Videos, & Quotes

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I haven't had time to watch the videos yet, but from the written interviews, I'd say definitely NT. I can't tell whether she's I/E or P/J. Her presence onscreen has always seemed more J, to me. Meryl Streep, I could see as an NTP, but Sigourney seems more NTJ. I'll watch the vids later, though.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ

(...)

Here are some quotes, many of which seem INTP:

:yay: Thank you so much for checking her out and corroborating the typing! (I'd still be thanking you if you thought otherwise, although perhaps not with quite so much glee. :D)

I haven't had time to watch the videos yet, but from the written interviews, I'd say definitely NT. I can't tell whether she's I/E or P/J. Her presence onscreen has always seemed more J, to me. Meryl Streep, I could see as an NTP, but Sigourney seems more NTJ. I'll watch the vids later, though.

From watching the videos and reading interviews I'm quite sure she's neither E(, F) nor J. I think INTP or maybe ISTP. I would greatly appreciate your watching some clips. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

• talks about things being interesting as if that were the most important criteria
  • nerd in high school
  • likes to explore different roles
  • likes Star Trek
  • interested in the whole concept of aliens
  • doesn't really like being out away from family = introvert
  • says that science fiction isn't really fiction, that she envisions some of it happening
  • says she's not discplined enough to work on something she doesn't really believe in
  • seems to go on tangents while talking exactly like I do (other people tell me they're tangents anyway ;))

Those factoids do not seem particularly N to me. Some are very P.
But as far as scifi goes? I know guys who are into Trek and that style of scifi who are ISTJs. That stuff can still appeal to S types.

I haven't had time to watch/read all this stuff, I hope to get around to it at some point; but I usually read her as IST(p). If she is N, it's not a very strong one, she's far more T than N.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
:yay: Thank you so much for checking her out and corroborating the typing! (I'd still be thanking you if you thought otherwise, although perhaps not with quite so much glee. :D)
:laugh: You're welcome.

Those factoids do not seem particularly N to me. Some are very P.
I thought she showed quite a bit of Ne in at least one interview and in the quotes. Subjectively, she seemed to talk conceptually rather than concretely.

But as far as scifi goes? I know guys who are into Trek and that style of scifi who are ISTJs. That stuff can still appeal to S types.
Yeah, but do they also describe themselves as nerds in high school? :thelook: :alttongue:

I haven't had time to watch/read all this stuff, I hope to get around to it at some point; but I usually read her as IST(p). If she is N, it's not a very strong one, she's far more T than N.
I become an ISTP when I have to fight aliens too! (happens all of the time...)