• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gilmore Girls

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How is Rory slightly S?

You're confusing her absolute J-ness with S-ness.

she always sees the big picture, and always likes theories (when she searched for Logan's secret group, interested in what they were doing & why, intuitive hunches)

she loves to observe people astutely a very Nf thing

always imagining what could be, always living in the future.

I see the S a bit, with the town traditions, but that's also to make people happy and when she cant help out she feels guilty for letting people down not for ignoring her obligations, thus being more NF than SJ

I think you're seeing a combination of Fi (tertiary), Te and even perhaps inferior Ne: ISTJ functions. ISTJ females often look like Feelers because that is the traditional role of women, and she has probably been influenced by those stodgy old grandparents and others, depite her mother.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I think you're seeing a combination of Fi (tertiary), Te and even perhaps inferior Ne: ISTJ functions. ISTJ females often look like Feelers because that is the traditional role of women, and she has probably been influenced by those stodgy old grandparents and others, depite her mother.

I don't see it... she's open minded, creative, and likes a bit of adventure, very accepting of others, and has a large propensity to feel empathy...

I still say infj :)

we can all agree on the I & the J

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJ's can be like that as well. Depends on maturity level.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
i did this before, but I;m updating my own list...

rory- infj. until seaons 6 and 7 where she seems more IsFJ
lorelai- ENFP
logan- entp- no, probs ESTP
paris- entj
luke- intj
emily- esfj
richard- istj
dean- isfj
april- entp
marty- infp
christopher- isfp- estp
Lousie & Madeline- esfp & esfj
tristan- estp
lane= enfp or esfp- isfp
sookie- esfp

:yes:

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
rory- INFJ until Logan than more isfj shows up
lorelai- ESFP, with a strong n
logan- ESTP
paris- ENTJ, with a bit of s. She tries to fit in with her peers , she just fails...badly.
luke- INTJ , with a strong s
emily- ESTJ
richard- ISTJ
dean- ISTP
jess- INTP
christopher- ESTP
miss patty-ESFJ
babette-ESTJ
lane- ISFP
sookie- ESFP
kirk-ENTP
taylor-ESTJ
michel-ISTJ

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
rory- INFJ until Logan than more isfj shows up
lorelai- ESFP, with a strong n- If she has a strong N, therefore she's enfp.
logan- ESTP
paris- ENTJ, with a bit of s. She tries to fit in with her peers , she just fails...badly.- Therefore she's an entj
luke- INTJ , with a strong s There he's an intj
emily- ESTJ
richard- ISTJ
dean- ISTP
jess- INTP
christopher- ESTP
miss patty-ESFJ
babette-ESTJ
lane- ISFP
sookie- ESFP
kirk-ENTP
taylor-ESTJ
michel-ISTJ

We're all sixteen letters, but it's whatever letter is the stronger that dictate our types. I can't say I'm an enfp with strong s or j, therefore I would be either an esfp or enfj.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see it... she's open minded, creative, and likes a bit of adventure, very accepting of others, and has a large propensity to feel empathy...

I still say infj :)

we can all agree on the I & the J

sure, ANYONE can be like that

but these are typical N traits
The functions really aren't so much about "traits". That's more temperament; and that's the angle I'm looking at more. (and Interaction Style is also a kind of temperament). She seems to me more like a Contender-Guardian.

And while the first two often get associated with N, the others aren't. (the adventure part sounds like S). With some people; especially fictional ones who aren't really "using" any functions at all (it's a script), the functions can be very tricky.
ISTJ's have tertiary Fi, so they can look like Feelers; especially females, including being "empathetic". They also can be accepting if they like you and you don't cross them. And they also have inferior Ne. While she is young, and you wouldn't think it would have developed, she does seem pretty mature.

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five
What do you think of Max Medina....? Any ideas for his type?

Max, in my opinion, is an INTJ, a mature, well-integrated INTJ. Quite refreshing from the standard depiction of INTJs as criminal masterminds and bossy control freaks!

My reads:

Lorelei: ENFP
Rory: INTJ/INFJ (seems to combine both)
Richard: ESTJ
Emily: ESTJ
Christopher: ESFP
Luke: ISTJ

Dean: ISFJ
Logan: ESTP
Jess: ISTP/INTP (seems to combine both; messed-up INFP?)
Marty: INFP/INFJ (?)
April: INTP/ENTP
Max Medina: INTJ

Paris: INTJ/ENTJ (seems to combine both)
Madeline: ESFP
Louise: ESFJ
Lane: ESTP
Sookie: ESFP
Kirk: INTP

It's funny that we're talking about these characters as though they're really alive! Fictional characters especially can combine multiple traits and be very difficult to pigeonhole.

Just my two cents. Your milage may very!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So what, I'm a sucker for long running shows with strong characters. They're like friends I can turn on and put in the corner.

Lorelei an ESFP as imagined by an ENFJ. The show is so damned Fe.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yay, I've been waiting for someone to bump this thread since they put the series on netflix.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wanna be the meat in a Lorelai Rory sandwich.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yay, I've been waiting for someone to bump this thread since they put the series on netflix.

Netflix is giving me life right now. :wubbie: I'm gonna spend all day rewatching this show and Friends.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Netflix is giving me life right now. :wubbie: I'm gonna spend all day rewatching this show and Friends.

RIGHT? Those are my two favorite shows to marathon. I also have them all on DVD... But, you don't have to change the disk with autoplay!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm rewatching for the second time since it came to netflix, for some sick reason, and have been putting a lot of thought into it.

lorelai: this is a tough one, but i'm going with ENFP 7w6 even though she seems ESFP or ENFJish at times.

rory: ISFJ with an overdeveloped Ne due to her mother. 1w9? 6w5?

luke: ISTJ 6w5?

dean: ISFJ (UGH!!!!)

jess: INFP 4w5

logan: ESTP 7w8 (ugh.)

emily: ESTJ 3w2 boss bitch

richard: ISTJ

christopher: ESFP

paris: ENTJ 8

lane: iSFP 6w7

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
dean: ISFJ (UGH!!!!)

jess: INFP 4w5

logan: ESTP 7w8 (ugh.)

same except for me dean has more exclamation points logan's ugh is in a smaller font and jess is an ugh without the g

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
same except for me dean has more exclamation points logan's ugh is in a smaller font and jess is an ugh without the g

hahaha, rewatching the series as an adult has really made me realize how awful almost all of the characters are as people. like, do we have any evidence that rory is intelligent apart from being told how much she loves to read? lorelai is a narcissistic baby that makes people cater to her every whim, and her whole poor little rich girl life story annoys the shit out of me. she put herself in a situation where she made average people take care of her and her child when she had millionaire parents at her disposal that she willingly cut off.

Sunny Ghost

I'm still certain Lorelai is an ESFP. Sookie is the ENFP.

Rory - ISFJ
Paris - ENTJ
Dean - ISFP
Jesse - ISTP
Emily - ESFJ
Richard - ISTJ
Luke - ISFP or ISTJ depending on the episode
April - ENTx
Mrs. Kim - ESTJ
Lane - ESTP or ESFP
Logan - ESTP
Micheal - indecipherable; maybe unhealthy eSFP.
Dosey - ESFJ or ENFJ.
Max Medina - INFP
Kirk - INTP
Christopher - uncertain. Maybe another ESFP?

Sunny Ghost

Eh, I don't buy their "case" for her being S. All they say is that (1) she likes to have fun, (2) she doesn't plan, and (3) she talks about pop culture references and other "down to Earth" subjects.

(1) and (2) do not sufficiently distinguish ENFP/ESFP, as both can have such tendencies. (3) is simply false. In the first place, talking in pop culture references is not an indicator of N vs S, especially since pretty much all of the characters do it in this show regardless of their personalities. Secondly, Lorelai likes to talk most about feelings and relationships, not about "down to Earth" topics. She is often bored out of her mind by the "play by play" sensor talk that she gets from her mother or from Sookie (e.g., when Sookie goes on and on about how she made a particular dish, or what happened on a particular date, or when Emily talks about how so and so's son is going to such and such a school). And the love of gossip that site mentioned is misunderstood; Lorelai doesn't like gossip qua gossip, she only likes it insofar as it affords her amusement at the expense of her neighbors and friends, because she likes to make fun of them and finds their absurdity amusing.

I think the "NF leanings" they attribute to her to soften the SFP claim betrays the fact that their argument is pretty weak.

Also, there is no way in hell that Jess is an INTP.
That's not the best determinator for N or S in my opinion. My ENFP best friend will get caught up in an excessive amount of unnecessary details at times and I find myself doing the Lorelai thing of trying to push her past that and to the meat of the story. Sookie on the other hand is a complete sensotard and a bit zany. More ENFP in my opinion.
Also I've known plenty of ESFPs to be quick witted. Especially when they're well educated.