• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gilmore Girls

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
if anyone's watched the show parenthood, lauren graham plays a very similar character but one that I consider to more ESFP to lorelai's ENFP. i wonder what type the actress is? i also think the writing style on gilmore girls affects the personalities of the characters.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I'm a fan too. It was a great show :D

I still watch it from time to time. Same jokes make me laugh. It's like completely my sense of humour and i think it influenced my taste in music, movies, books...

Raffaella

bon vivant
So... what does everyone think of its revival? I heard Gilmore Guys* had a lot to do with it...

*Their podcast is very casual but they're influential and have ties to some Hollywood heavyweights. If you want more analysis, don't listen to this podcast.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I watched it years ago. I thought Rory was a good example of an INTJ young girl. She was always reading, cool headed, and rather analytical. Lorelei seemed like an E?FP, but probably ESFP because she was rather adept with the concrete world. I tend to type people as ENFP when they have that zany imagination that plays with reality instead of participating in it - if that makes sense. It is like being on an idea roller coaster. It made for them to be best friends as mother and daughter, but to have rather opposite internal personalities.

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lorelai ENFJ, Rory INFJ, Lane INFP, Jess INTP, Dean ISFJ, Luke ISTJ, Logan ENTP

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I may have already said this here, but I've always seen Lorelai is an ENFP as written by an FJ.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lorelei an ESFP as imagined by an ENFJ. The show is so damned Fe.
Been thinking about this statement as I watch the sequel show ("Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life").

Lorelai reminds me in a lot of ways of my aunt, who is an ENTP who has learned how to go SFJ over time. Or an ESFJ who was more Ne as a youth. Either way: she's free-spirited and spontaneous but also uses a shit-ton of Fe and knows how to host a big group.

The idea of Lorelai as an ExFP doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't see much of the Fi need for authenticity. Maybe there are episodes I'm not remembering that are like that. But from the episodes I'm remembering, and the ones I'm watching now, she seems incredibly Fe to me. So I'm going with either ENTP or ESFJ unless I see, hear, or think of a good argument to the contrary.

I mean, the argument that she's an ESFP as imagined by an ENFJ is still valid, and potentially a more valid argument than mine, but I like imagining her as a real person and not someone else's creation. Otherwise... what reason do I have to care about her?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also: ISFJ for Rory, not INFJ, not INTJ. She and her mom in conversation are just nonstop Ne/Fe all the time.

Paris = ExTJ
Emily = ExTJ
Luke = <3 my favorite ISTJ <3
Logan = ExTP

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Been thinking about this statement as I watch the sequel show ("Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life").

Lorelai reminds me in a lot of ways of my aunt, who is an ENTP who has learned how to go SFJ over time. Or an ESFJ who was more Ne as a youth. Either way: she's free-spirited and spontaneous but also uses a shit-ton of Fe and knows how to host a big group.

The idea of Lorelai as an ExFP doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't see much of the Fi need for authenticity. Maybe there are episodes I'm not remembering that are like that. But from the episodes I'm remembering, and the ones I'm watching now, she seems incredibly Fe to me. So I'm going with either ENTP or ESFJ unless I see, hear, or think of a good argument to the contrary.

I mean, the argument that she's an ESFP as imagined by an ENFJ is still valid, and potentially a more valid argument than mine, but I like imagining her as a real person and not someone else's creation. Otherwise... what reason do I have to care about her?

I've been watching again, leading up to the new series (of which I've only watched 2), I agree. There's just no Fi in her, or Rory, Though I still maintain she has an unnatural gloss of ExFP. I'm trying to think of any heavy fi-ers. Jess seems like an INFP to me 4w5, typical moody petulant arty guy, and probably Kirk is something.

loveruins

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Lorelai - ENFP
Rory - ISTJ (this one I have always gone back and forth on but I think the actress is ISTJ which may come across in the character - she was always unnatural when comforting someone)
Sookie - ESFJ
Jess - INFP/ISFP (can never decide)
Emily - ESTJ
Richard - ISTJ
Luke - ISTJ
Paris - ENTJ

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hahaha, rewatching the series as an adult has really made me realize how awful almost all of the characters are as people. like, do we have any evidence that rory is intelligent apart from being told how much she loves to read? lorelai is a narcissistic baby that makes people cater to her every whim, and her whole poor little rich girl life story annoys the shit out of me. she put herself in a situation where she made average people take care of her and her child when she had millionaire parents at her disposal that she willingly cut off.

Rory graduates valedictorian from Chilton and is a good student, so she is at least hardworking and astute. Depends on how we define smart though.

Couldn't agree with you more about Lorelai. She treats her parents (especially her mother) like the plague--they are far from perfect parents but try to do the right thing for her and Rory in their own purebred WASP way. She strings Luke along as her backup while parading her other men in front of him (there is no way she couldn't have known he had feelings for her--other characters hint at it to her as early as season 1, IIRC) all while taking advantage of his genuine desire to care for her (having him bring ice and shit to her house all the time, instead of asking Max or Christopher or whoever to do that sort of shit). She sets a certain example for Rory, which is fine, but then chastises and barely speaks to Rory for days when Rory sleeps with a married Dean, even though it's behavior that Lorelai herself has engaged in. She is the epitome of rebellious rich princess. She takes the princess treatment but constantly plays the part of a hip self-made businesswoman when a lot of her and Rory's success wouldn't be possible without the financial help from her loaded parents. That said she has a heart of gold and sometimes puts her own drama aside to help people who are in need, often without being asked.

I still think ESFP is her best fit, but the writers shade her as an ENFP. I could also see her as a rebellious ESFJ, like [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] said.
Emily OTH is an ESTJ trying to play the role of ESFJ matriarch.
Rory is an ISFJ, it's painfully obvious. She sometimes verges on NF
Lane is an ISFP
Jess is an INxP (leaning F)
Luke is an IxxJ (leaning ST). I know NF/NT is unlikely but I have my reasons for leaving this open. He could also be an ISTP but less likely.
Dean is initially written as an intelligent ISTP, then the writers dumb him down after his first couple of appearances. He sort of evolves into an ISxJ rather quickly, and not a bright one.
Paris is an ENTJ. One of the more clearcut typings, IMO.
Logan is an ExTp (leaning N)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really cannot keep with Rory's references. She is one of the most fictitious characters and the show isn't even fantasy-like. She's too brilliant to exist. No man or woman could match the intelligence without googling/youtubing like crazy with looks like that too? :blush: Her choice of clothes in the newer series is just superb.

Puts wizards/aliens/Giggly/Chuck to shame.

Rory - True Goddess of the ISFJ's as acted by the lovely Alexis Bledel.

4948aIC.jpg

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really cannot keep with Rory's references. She is one of the most fictitious characters and the show isn't even fantasy-like. She's too brilliant to exist. No man or woman could match the intelligence without googling/youtubing like crazy with looks like that too? :blush: Her choice of clothes in the newer series is just superb.

Puts wizards/aliens/Giggly/Chuck to shame.

Rory - True Goddess of the ISFJ's as acted by the lovely Alexis Bledel.

4948aIC.jpg

It's all about those eyes.