• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gilmore Girls

bronson

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Yeah, well, I'd agree Lorelai is an ESFP.
I was going to say that, but everyone in this thread had her as an N, so I thought about it and decided she was. But now I revert back... she certainly expresses herself concretely.

I still think Rory is too sensitive and diplomatic to be a Rational. Compare Rory and Paris.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Rory - INFJ
Lorelai - ESFP...she kind of gets on my nerves.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I feel like Lorelai have an almost other-world quality to her. My ESFP friend may be fun loving but she is also very responsible and practical. One is due to the fact that she grew up with an irresponsible mom and had to be the 'parent' since she was very young. Lorelai is more dreamy and her view on relationships seems rather idealistic to me. She just does not strike me as the down-to-earth, fun-loving ESFP. Her leaving her parents' house at such a young age strikes me as what an Idealist would to, to raise her kid independently and whimsically. And she have odd items in her house, was it a monkey lamp or something, that seems very ENFP, not ESFP. Aren't ESFPs more conventional with their tastes? I actually thought she was ENFJ as she is very good with convincing people to do her biding. And she is quite good with becoming an inn's manager which involves day-day mundane tasks.

If you think about Lorelai and Rory together, Rory took the 'voice of reason' but she may naturally not be that type. She seems INFP to me, but she have a very strong upbringing and was not emotionally traumatized as a child so she is good with dealing with her emotions and not as moody. She was raised to be confident, so she gives off an almost Rational Air, but she is very warm and considerate.

Logan as an ESTP would be her dual.

I have never been able to type Jess.

Dean struck me as ISFJ, with a knack for mechanics because his father is one.

Ah Paris, I love her, haha, quite an ENTJ that one.

Luke to me is ISTJ because he is always picking up after his sister, which is not INTJ at all. INTJs likes to force people to stand up on their own, no? Independence, competence and all. And that whole thing about his uncle who no on liked but he was good about following the funeral arrangements, out of a sense of duty. He is most def. a Guardian, though a rebellious one.

bronson

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
I feel like Lorelai have an almost other-world quality to her. My ESFP friend may be fun loving but she is also very responsible and practical. One is due to the fact that she grew up with an irresponsible mom and had to be the 'parent' since she was very young. Lorelai is more dreamy and her view on relationships seems rather idealistic to me. She just does not strike me as the down-to-earth, fun-loving ESFP. Her leaving her parents' house at such a young age strikes me as what an Idealist would to, to raise her kid independently and whimsically. And she have odd items in her house, was it a monkey lamp or something, that seems very ENFP, not ESFP. Aren't ESFPs more conventional with their tastes? I actually thought she was ENFJ as she is very good with convincing people to do her biding. And she is quite good with becoming an inn's manager which involves day-day mundane tasks.

That's a good point too... :confused: I'd still say ENFP over ENFJ - she's too flighty and quirky.

If you think about Lorelai and Rory together, Rory took the 'voice of reason' but she may naturally not be that type. She seems INFP to me, but she have a very strong upbringing and was not emotionally traumatized as a child so she is good with dealing with her emotions and not as moody. She was raised to be confident, so she gives off an almost Rational Air, but she is very warm and considerate.

I think Rory has to be a J - with her pro con lists and post-dean break up list. She's definitely more of an organiser... not so much as Paris though!
I'm still convinced she's INFJ more than any other type.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, I am fairly certain in Rory's IxxJness. She doesn't seem like a P at all to me.

Tori

MBTI Type
JNPB
Enneagram
9w1
Jess is a wounded INFP, definitely.. You can't type characters as if they are their perfect selves if they are going through a difficult period. When he comes back with a book written, he seems much happier - artistic expression is highly important to most INFP's happiness.

And as an ENFP, I can say that what I can see of Lorelai's thought process is VERY much like mine. Not at all ESFP. XD It's the thought process that really shows the difference. : )

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, my brother says that Lorelai must be an ENFP because we act so alike. But I don't know...don't ESFPs often get mistaken for ENFPs? I could see frenetic wit being an ESFP trait too. As for the quirky belongings, I tend to think those indicate any type other than SJ, not necessarily an N preference. After all, what ISFP artist would be happy with hum drum lamps?

The thing tipping me away from ENFP is Lorelai's lack of "intellectual" interests. She's smart as could be, absolutely, but while Rory is delving into a philosophical text, Lorelai is reading the biography of a thrash metal rock star. :shock:

I really don't know, tho. I'd probably read both. Maybe we should try to type Amy Sherman Palladino, cause I'll bet she puts a lot of herself into her main character.

F

FigerPuppet

I don't like this show because they talk so fast it's silly. It makes you wonder if they are paid by the number of words they can cram into a minute.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
Lorelai - ESFP...she kind of gets on my nerves.

Mine too.
She can be cute, but something just bugs me about a thirty something adult acting like a thirteen year old. Same thing with Susan on Desp. Housewives

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
INTJs likes to force people to stand up on their own, no? Independence, competence and all.

Yes. I told my best friend to not do drugs because she could get caught and now that we're adults, she'd be sentenced heavier. She (an ESFP), didn't really care about the consequences, so I let her be. She was caught two days later and got a DUID (at least that's what I think she'll get). My ISTJ friend said to be supportive of her. I guess it's my instinct to be supportive before it's too late, not after.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
rory- infj. lorelai- enfp
logan- entp
paris- entj
luke- intj
emily- esfj
richard- istj
dean- isfj
april- entp
marty- infp
christopher- isfp
Lousie & Madeline- esfp & esfj
tristan- estp
lane= enfp or esfp
sookie- esfp

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The more I watch this show, the more I believe Luke to be ISTJ.

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
rory- ISFJ
lorelai- ENFP
logan- ENTP
paris- Very annoying. ENTJ
luke- ISTJ
emily- ENFJ
richard- ESTJ
dean- ISFJ
Lane - ISFP
sookie- ESFP
Jess - ISTP

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
rory- ISFJ
lorelai- ENFP
logan- ENTP
paris- Very annoying. ENTJ
luke- ISTJ
emily- ENFJ
richard- ESTJ
dean- ISFJ
Lane - ISFP
sookie- ESFP
Jess - ISTP

No way is rory an S in the first 5 seaons

in the last two I could be persuaded

and how is emily an N? I might see it? Not sure.

and Jess is definitely an N. probably Intp.

Chloe

anyone else a fan? and also what is the song that goes "this is hell this is hell sorry to tell you this is hell it never gets better" In the episode that jess first showed up in stars hollow and goes to walk around.

heh, was I a fan? I even googled Stars Hollow with hope that town really exist :D

Lorelai: textbook ENFP agreed.
Rory: ISFJ yeah, slightly leaning on S over N.
Luke: ISTP (he's P, I remember he procrastinated with chores... never seen istj who doesnt care how his apartment looks like, at all. )
Jess: INFP not sure about him, but i'll go with what other said here...
Logan: ENTP yes, but S/N is borderline i think
Dean: that boring dude ? i dont remember... IS for sure
Sookie: ESFP she seems to care more about excitment than about no-nonsense stuff
Lane: ISFP ?
Richard Gilmore: tough one TJ for sure... ISTJ i guess.
Emily Gilmore: ESFJ...
Kurt: INTP
Paris: INTJ definately INTJ. she communicates with people only if needed for her goals..so, not E. i think.
Christopher: who is that ??? hmmm
Taylor: -cant remember who's that.

Chloe

The thing tipping me away from ENFP is Lorelai's lack of "intellectual" interests. She's smart as could be, absolutely, but while Rory is delving into a philosophical text, Lorelai is reading the biography of a thrash metal rock star. :shock:

She doesnt have lack of intellectual interest.. she reads each book Rory reads for school/college. She only didnt go to college because she doesnt respect that rich kids world etc.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've met a few ESFJs who had a voracious appetite in terms of reading about different topics. It's just they tend to approach those texts with a focus on the "detail level" and sometimes miss the forest (although they will recall lots and lots of details from the text and can talk intelligently about them), where N's very instinctively seem to be trying to grasp the "big picture" aspect of those works and discuss it in those terms, usually.

Chloe

I've met a few ESFJs who had a voracious appetite in terms of reading about different topics. It's just they tend to approach those texts with a focus on the "detail level" and sometimes miss the forest (although they will recall lots and lots of details from the text and can talk intelligently about them), where N's very instinctively seem to be trying to grasp the "big picture" aspect of those works and discuss it in those terms, usually.

so do you think Lorelai is ESFP?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
How is Rory slightly S?

You're confusing her absolute J-ness with S-ness.

she always sees the big picture, and always likes theories (when she searched for Logan's secret group, interested in what they were doing & why, intuitive hunches)

she loves to observe people astutely a very Nf thing

always imagining what could be, always living in the future.

I see the S a bit, with the town traditions, but that's also to make people happy and when she cant help out she feels guilty for letting people down not for ignoring her obligations, thus being more NF than SJ

though I agree Luke is a P upon consideration. But I think INTP. i guess istp makes sense too