• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video Games - MBTI

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sora: ENFP 7w6 sx/so
Riku: INTJ 8w9 or 1w9 sx/sp
Kairi: ISFP 7w8 sx/so
Donald: ISFJ 1w2 so/sx
Goofy: ESFJ 7w6 so/sx
Ansem: INTP 5w4 (he is indeed a true 5 and not an unhealthy 8. in fact, he's not even that unhealthy, just dillusional)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Golden Sun
Isaac: ISFP 9w1
Garet: ESTJ 8w7
Ivan: INFP 6w5
Mia: ISFJ 2w1

Saturos: ENTJ 8w7
Menardi: ISTP 8w7
Alex: INTJ 8w7

Felix: ISFJ 2w1
Jenna: ENFJ 2w1
Kraden: INTJ or INTP 5w6
Sheba: ISFP 9w1
Piers: INFP 3w4

ctang15

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Estelle: ESxP
Joshua: INFJ
Scherazard: ENFJ
Olivier: ENFP
Agate: ESTJ
Kloe: ISFJ
Tita: INFP
Zane: ESFP?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tales of Symphonia (again lol)
Lloyd: ESFP 7w8-1w2-?? So/Sx
Collete: INFP 9w1-6w7-2w1 So/Sx
Genis: ISTJ 6w5-1w2-3w4 So/Sp or Sp/So
Raine: INTJ 5w6-1w9-2w1 Sp/??
Kratos: INTJ 8w9-5w4-??? Sp/Sx
Sheena: ?NFP 6w7-1w2-3w2 So/Sx (trying to be more TJ lol)
Zelos: ENTJ 7w6-9w8-3w2 Sp/Sx
Presea: I?TP 5w6-8w9-4w5 Sp/Sx
Regal: ISTJ 1w9-5w6-3w? Sp/Sx

Yuan: ISTP 5w6-8w9-???
Botta: ISTJ 1w9-6w5-2w1

Mithos: INFP 8w9 or 1w2-2w1-6w5 Sx/So
Magnius: ESTJ 3w2-8w7-6w7 So/Sx
Kvar: INTJ 8w7-3w4-5w6 Sp/??
Rodyle: ?NTP 8w7-5w6-3w? Sp/So
Forcystus: ENFJ 1w2-7w8-3w2 So/Sx
Pronyma: ENTJ 8w7-4w3-7w8 Sx/Sp

Undine: INFJ 1w9-2w1-5w4 Sx/Sp
Sylph: ENFP 3w2-7w6-9w1 So/Sx
Efreet: ISTP 8w9-4w5-5w? Sp/Sx
Luna: INFP 9w1-4w5-7w6 Sx/Sp
Volt: ???
Gnome: ESFP 7w6-3w2-9w8 So/Sx
Celsius: ESTP 8w7-3w4-7w6 Sx/Sp
Shadow: INTJ 5w6-8w9-4w5
Origin: INFP 1w2-5w4-2w1 So/Sx
Maxwell: ENFP 7w6-8w7-3w4 Sp/Sx

Marble: I?F? 9w1- So/Sx
Chocolat: ENFP 8w7-2w1-7w6 So/Sx
Vharley: ENTJ 8w7-7w8-3w? Sp/So
Kate: ISFJ 6w5-2w1-1w9 So/Sx
Kuchinawa: I?TJ 1w9 or 8w9-6w5-3w2 So/??

EDIT: Colette is core 9 rather than 6

Last edited:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Recently replayed these and started Inquisition. Some of them can be molded depending on how the PC interacts with them but I'm basing it off of Bioware's "universe canon" which can be found on the wiki.

Dragon Age: Origins

Alistair ISFP 7w6
Morrigan INTJ 8w7
Leliana (DA:O personality only): ESFJ 6w7
Zevran ESTP 7w8
Sten ISTP 1w9 (though he's really just a stand in for the Qun which is a 1w9 way of being in general)
Shale INTP 4w5

Skipping Awakening...

Dragon Age 2

Carver ESFP 3w4
Bethany IDK because I always play mages. :/
Aveline ESTJ 1w2
Varric ENTP 7w8
Anders ENFJ 1w2
Fenris ISFP 8w9
Merrill INFP 5w?
Isabela ESTP 7w8

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Cassandra ESTP 8w9
Varric ENTP 7w8 (still)
Solas ISTJ 1w2
Giselle ESFJ 2w1
Blackwall IDK tbh.
Sera ESFP 4w3
The Iron Bull ESTP 9w8
Dorian ESFP 3w2
Vivienne ENTJ 3w4
Cole INFJ 7w6
Cullen ESTJ 6w5
Leliana A ruthless ISFJ 6w5
Josephine ENFP 3w2

Etched in sand.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a huge fan of Bioware

Mass Effect
Garrus - ISTJ
Liara - INTP
Thane - ISTP
Samara - INTJ
Jack - ISFP
Joker - ESFP
Kasumi - ESFJ
Mordin - ENTP
Miranda - ENTJ
James - ESTP

Dragon Age Origins
Alistair - ESFJ
Leliana - INFJ
Sten - ISTJ
Zevran - ESTP
Morrigan - INTJ
Flemmeth - ENTJ

Dragon Age Inquisition
Varric - ENTP
Cassandra - ESFP. A realistic one.
Joshephine - ESFJ
Leliana - IxTJ
Cullen - ESTJ
Solas - INFJ apparently though I am not sure I am buying it.
Blackwall - ISTJ
Cole - INFP
Sera - ESFP
Dorian - ENFP
Iron Bull - ESTP
Vivienne - ESTJ

Other Video Game Characters
(Final Fantasy)
Cloud - ISFP
Vanille - ExFJ
Hope - IxTJ
(Tomb Raider) Lara Croft - ISTP

Duffy

Dragon Age Inquisition

Varric - ENTP 7w8
Cassandra - ESTJ 1w2 sx/sp
Joshephine - ENFJ 2w3 so/sx
Leliana - IxFJ 6w5 sx/sp
Cullen - ENTx 3w4 sp/sx
Solas - INTP 5w4 sx/sp (could see INfJ)
Blackwall - ISTP 9w8 sp/so
Cole - INFx 4w5 so/sp (could see 9w1)
Sera - ENFP 7w6 so/sx
Dorian - ENFP 4w3 sx/so
Iron Bull - ESTP 8w7 so/sx
Vivienne - ESTJ 8w9 sx/sp

--------------------

[MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION]

Why ESxP for Cassandra?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
--------------------

Why ESxP for Cassandra?

Because she seems to value those functions. She was the driving force behind the inquisition, and made it a reality, which seems like Se and Te at work. Compare her to Varric to see how her personality contrasts ( in quite a humorous way, really). ENTP and ISFP are the complete opposites. Se doms need a sense of purpose, and an unpredictable situation that has no clear justification is a cause of stress for Se types due to weak Ne. You can see this in Cassandra at the start of the game. Sera is the same as Cassandra is this way. Sera had a fear for "Nothingness" and Cassandra feared"Helplessness". I thought this was quite similar, don't you think? I used to think she was ESTJ too, but then I realized how she acted more on emotion than logic. Her behavior is what I think Fi is actually like. Also I don't see Si in her, just Se.

As I said, Cassandra seems like a realistic example of an ESFP, compared to characters commonly typed as Esfp such as Jesse pinkman from breaking bad, or penny from big bang theory(who is an Esfj btw).

Edit: you might be interested in the funky mbti analysis too;
Dragon Age: Cassandra Pentaghast [ESFP] - Funky MBTI in Fiction

I have a question too actually. Why do people see Fe in Leliana? I assumed she was a TJ because of her resourcefulness. Just curious, you don't have to answer that.

Duffy

It's been a while so memory is hazy.

Because she seems to value those functions. She was the driving force behind the inquisition, and made it a reality, which seems like Se and Te at work.

This does sound like dominant Te.

Se doms need a sense of purpose, and an unpredictable situation that has no clear justification is a cause of stress for Se types due to weak Ne.

Ah, you said you didn't see Si. IMO, this is Si<->Ne dichotomy: stability over the unknown [possibilities].

Sera had a fear for "Nothingness" and Cassandra feared"Helplessness". I thought this was quite similar, don't you think?

Nope. Sera fears deprivation [nothingness] because she's a glutton: freedom, autonomy, the ability to experience new and wonderful things ~ viva la revolucion! She doesn't play nice with people because that would require compromise and abiding by spoken and unspoken rules of the game - antithesis to freedom. There's also an aversion to sadness and reflection (giving the past some thought), hence her fear of the fade - the realm & spirits representing the past, reflection, introspection. Cassandra fears helplessness because of her sense of duty [superego], strong expectations set for herself.

They are both similar in that both have a strong sense of autonomy and both are tied to one another in terms of health and growth. Sera can use the discipline and focus and grand sense of duty [vision] for what she wants, rather than participating in petty revenge schemes, akin to spray painting graffiti on a building and calling it revolution (weak Te). Cassandra can use a bit of spontaneity and indulgence so as to lower her blood pressure and live to a decent age. I think Cassandra's tarot card (romance variant) symbolizes her path to growth - spilling of the chalice representing caution to the wind, passion & excess.

I have a question too actually. Why do people see Fe in Leliana? I assumed she was a TJ because of her resourcefulness. Just curious, you don't have to answer that.

She could be. I thought she was too willing to play the game to be TJ. Her attention to affiliations and unspoken social dynamics, while representative of her work, is too tedious for TJs.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP

Warcraft 3

*Arthas - ESTJ
*Thrall - ENFP
*Jaina - ISFP
*Tichondrius - INTJ
*Uther - ESFJ
*Sylvannas Windrunner - ISTJ
*Cairne Bloodhoof - INFJ
*Tyrande Whisperwind - ESTJ
*Malfurion - ENFJ
*Illidan - INFP

I always thought Arthas was a strong Fi user. His hunt for Mal'Ganis is entirely intrinsic. He wants revenge for personal reasons, not because he sees it as his duty or anything similar.

Thrall is really ENFJ, possibly 9w8. He's even got the nickname "Green Jesus", a reference to another Fe user.

Jaina could be INFJ. I doubt she is ISFP because her enneagram is likely 1w9.

Fate

I always thought Arthas was a strong Fi user. His hunt for Mal'Ganis is entirely intrinsic. He wants revenge for personal reasons, not because he sees it as his duty or anything similar.

Thrall is really ENFJ, possibly 9w8. He's even got the nickname "Green Jesus", a reference to another Fe user.

Jaina could be INFJ. I doubt she is ISFP because her enneagram is likely 1w9.

My final (and current) guess for Arthas is ESTP. Always felt he uses Fe because he seems to really care for his people (before claiming Frostmourne). And I've always thought he was a "man of action". I guess everyone plans when they want something, right?
And for Jaina, I thought she could be INFJ as well...first, because of bias (Arthas + Jaina). :D You could be right for the ISFP alternative...or she could be an ISFJ. Didn't see Ni in her.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
My final (and current) guess for Arthas is ESTP. Always felt he uses Fe because he seems to really care for his people (before claiming Frostmourne). And I've always thought he was a "man of action". I guess everyone plans when they want something, right?
And for Jaina, I thought she could be INFJ as well...first, because of bias (Arthas + Jaina). :D You could be right for the ISFP alternative...or she could be an ISFJ. Didn't see Ni in her.

Hmm, the choice he made in stratholme to purge the city, even though Uther and Jaina didn't agree with it made me think he is an Fi user. He put his own sense of righteousness above that of others.
I'm going with ESFP, because he didn't really show any sign of Ne.
Later on, when he merges with the lich king, he definitely shows signs of strong Te.

What makes me think Fe>Fi for Jaina is that she was able to sacrifice her own father in order to avoid war between the orcs and theramore. I don't think an Fi dom would be able to do that.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's been a while so memory is hazy.

This does sound like dominant Te.

Ah, you said you didn't see Si. IMO, this is Si<->Ne dichotomy: stability over the unknown [possibilities].

Nope. Sera fears deprivation [nothingness] because she's a glutton: freedom, autonomy, the ability to experience new and wonderful things ~ viva la revolucion! She doesn't play nice with people because that would require compromise and abiding by spoken and unspoken rules of the game - antithesis to freedom. There's also an aversion to sadness and reflection (giving the past some thought), hence her fear of the fade - the realm & spirits representing the past, reflection, introspection. Cassandra fears helplessness because of her sense of duty [superego], strong expectations set for herself.

They are both similar in that both have a strong sense of autonomy and both are tied to one another in terms of health and growth. Sera can use the discipline and focus and grand sense of duty [vision] for what she wants, rather than participating in petty revenge schemes, akin to spray painting graffiti on a building and calling it revolution (weak Te). Cassandra can use a bit of spontaneity and indulgence so as to lower her blood pressure and live to a decent age. I think Cassandra's tarot card (romance variant) symbolizes her path to growth - spilling of the chalice representing caution to the wind, passion & excess.
She could be. I thought she was too willing to play the game to be TJ. Her attention to affiliations and unspoken social dynamics, while representative of her work, is too tedious for TJs.

Ah I see. It has been a little while since I played too. You have a different idea of what Sera's fears and motivations were. I thought Sera feared the fade because she can't stand anything out of the ordinary. Her reason for joining the inquisition was to restore Thedas back to normal and help the lower class people. She was probably the most grounded member of the inquisition, compared to Ne types like Varric or Dorian, who purposefully aim for change (don't know if you played trespasser). Her occupations are more similar to the Iron Bull. It doesn't seem like Ne valuing IMO.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Why ESxP for Cassandra?

I already mentioned to wolfnara that I used socionics IMEs as a guide more than JCF definitions. Because I like them more.

Cassandra states that one of the biggest challenges she's had with the Inquisition is learning to think before she acts. She doesn't understand why Josephine prefers the indirect and seemingly passive route to solving problems. She sees what needs to be done and does it without necessarily considering the far reaching consequences of her actions. After her personal quest with the missing Seekers, she takes up writing to chronicle the events of the Inquisition because she's seen with her own eyes the problems that come from steering forward without knowing the events that brought the present and understanding their consequences. Based on my understanding of the IMES, this suggest she is values both Se and Ni, is characterized by the former, and tries but struggles to actualize the latter.

I don't especially favor ESTP over ESFP but my impression was that she prioritized making sense of the impersonal forces of the world over her personal relationships to them. With trust, she admit her insecurities over whether her actions and intentions are well-guided. That lack of conviction and difficulty trusting her own feelings made me doubt Fi ego. That's my interpretation of her personality anyway.

She is resourceful but I would argue that her resourcefulness comes from knowing what and how much to show people to cultivate the responses she wants. It doesn't seem like the "fostering unity" typically associated with Fe, but it actually kind of is. She's just moving others closer to her so she doesn't have to go as far herself. And she's good at making it seem otherwise.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Samus- ISTP
Link- ISFP
Mario- ESTP
Zelda- INFJ

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Assassins from Assassin's Creed:

Desmond Miles-ESTP
Altair Ibn-la Ahad-ISTP
Ezio Auditore-ESFP
Connor Kenway-ISFJ
Haytham Kenway-ISTJ
Edward Kenway-ESTP

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Could Desmond be an ISFP?

Connor<3

deleted
I thought Wheatlies 'reconstructioned tests' scream ENTP. You know the part in the game where the walls and everything just get chrushed together into different kinds of tests? And his humor is also so ENTP-like. :D
But he wasn't really a designer, he just used what GLaDOS already had created. I could possibly see ENTP, just that he seemed so compliant with too much Fe. Also I thought his programmed inability to come up with good plans could be an inferior thinking-function or something. Tries to use it but fails horribly.
Lol Wheatley.:popc1:

His bad level design may have even been attributed to poor Ne: Ingenuity, originality, and the ability to grasp the "essence" of the level design just went out the window for him. Though it may have been a different issue related to another function weakness, I don't remember. I'll have to go back one of these days and review.

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Link is gonna always be an incredibly difficult character to type (due to not having any intrinsic personality), but if there's one thing he isn't, it's an introvert. He is a portal that enables us to explore an external world.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Legend of Zelda (random - discounting wind waker since I never tried it)

Link: ISFP - ISTP
Zelda: INFJ
Fairy: INFP
Skull Kid: ENFP
Poe Salesman: INTP
Happy Mask Salesman: bipolar ENTP
Midna: INTJ
Ganon: ENTJ
Ruto: ENFJ
Zant: some think INTP but .. not sure if I see that