• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video Games - MBTI

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With the help of a buddy we enneatyped all of the ME2 characters. I'll put in my MBTI opinion just for the sake of the topic (if known. I won't list them if I don't or if there is considerable conflict about their type).

Grunt - 8w9 Sx/So; ISTP
Wrex - 8w9 Sx/So; ISTP
Thane - 4w5 Sx/Sp; INFJ
Miranda - 3w4 So/Sp
Legion - 5w6 Sp/So
Jack - 8w7 Sx/So; too f*cked up to tell the MBTI type.
Mordin - 5w4 So/Sp
Samara - 1w9 Sp/Sx
Jacob - 1w9 Sp/So; ISFJ
Liara - 5w4 Sp/Sx; INTP
Kaiden - 6w5 Sp/Sx
Ashley - 7w6 Sx/So; ESTP
Morinth - 7w8 Sx/So; ESFP
Kasumi - 3w4 So/Sp; ENFP
Tali - 5w6 Sp/So; ISTJ
Joker - 7w6 So/Sx
Garrus - 2w1 (questionable) Sp/So; ISFP

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Thoughts on GlaDos from Portal? I was thinking along the lines of ISFJ

The ending credits that seemed a little disturbing. [youtube="Y6ljFaKRTrI"]Still Alive[/youtube]

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Alright, ISFJ? I don't really think that fits, reason being, the Meyers-Briggs test shows how someone processes the world, so I would, initially, label her a crazed xNTP. Since I can't seem to place her, I'll resort to individual functions.

Fi: Medium to Strong, acute boredom is her driving force.
Ni: Weak to Medium, She's a computer, fuzzy parameters aren't her specialty.
Si: Strong to Very Strong, As a computer GLaDOS is a creature of concept as it relates to the material world.
Ti: Medium to Strong: Being a computer, you'd think this would be stronger. However, due to her glitchy nature, she seems to use Fi more than Ti.
Fe: Very, Very, Very weak, Homicidal A.I.s never were good at this.
Ne: Weak to Medium, blame this on the glitch again, as she was unable to conceive of the player's usage of the backstage area to get away, nor her use of portals to survive. Technically a joint failure of Ne/Ni/Te, but still.
Se: Dead. As a computer, GLaDOS is incapable of using this function
Te: Medium to Strong, she was designed as an experimentation computer and as she appears to poorly justify her actions through her original function, some degree of that must still be there.

I/E: I
S/N: S
F/T: T
J/P: P

Well, it could be argued that she's an ISFP but honestly, I say ISTP due to the above.
Also, 5w4 So/Sp for other typological systems.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Alright, ISFJ? I don't really think that fits, reason being, the Meyers-Briggs test shows how someone processes the world, so I would, initially, label her a crazed xNTP. Since I can't seem to place her, I'll resort to individual functions.

Fi: Medium to Strong, acute boredom is her driving force.
Ni: Weak to Medium, She's a computer, fuzzy parameters aren't her specialty.
Si: Strong to Very Strong, As a computer GLaDOS is a creature of concept as it relates to the material world.
Ti: Medium to Strong: Being a computer, you'd think this would be stronger. However, due to her glitchy nature, she seems to use Fi more than Ti.
Fe: Very, Very, Very weak, Homicidal A.I.s never were good at this.
Ne: Weak to Medium, blame this on the glitch again, as she was unable to conceive of the player's usage of the backstage area to get away, nor her use of portals to survive. Technically a joint failure of Ne/Ni/Te, but still.
Se: Dead. As a computer, GLaDOS is incapable of using this function
Te: Medium to Strong, she was designed as an experimentation computer and as she appears to poorly justify her actions through her original function, some degree of that must still be there.

I/E: I
S/N: S
F/T: T
J/P: P

Well, it could be argued that she's an ISFP but honestly, I say ISTP due to the above.
Also, 5w4 So/Sp for other typological systems.

I see what you're saying here.

While your desktop computer might be the ultimate Perciever, A.I. including Glados, usually fails pretty bad here because they're almost always built to do something.

I don't really disagree with your function breakdown, but by MBTI theory an IS_P would need to have very good use of Se, which she does not.

I got ISFJ out of her many references to "Cake", "Parties", and "Enrichment Center Associates". She also thinks that it's important not to outright tell you that she is trying to kill you. Fe at work there. As for the Enne. I got a strong impression of 6w5 like anxiousness, but that could just be the glitchyness talking.

Funny how most every A.I. built to emulate human thought slowly becomes psychotic and tries to eliminate us as a species...hmm...

Last edited:

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, except for the Aurora units... No, wait. Mother Brain might've been one of those. It's kind of unfortunate that we can't do any metroid typing right now... Maybe Other M will solve that problem for us; but I digress, any thoughts on other games?

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
Bowser is nothing like an ESFJ. I would guess ENTP for him, especially evident in the Paper Mario games.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
King Varian in WoW had a very negative Fe outburst toward Thrall which was downright despicable during the siege on Undercity. I've always related to that. The guy's gone through a lot being held prisoner on some island, cavern prison near Kalimdor.

As another proof of his Fe-ness, one of his taglines talks about him rewarding his friends and punishing his enemies. I'm not saying that he's NFJ or even FJ but rather specifying that in all likelihood he's an Fe user and not Fi.
He's every inch the quintessential ESTJ comic book hero. The problem with game characters is alot of their expressed characteristic's can sometimes be inconsistent depending on the storylines the writers choose to introduce. And apparently Fe is considered proper of "regal behavior". But if you take a look at how he sticks to principles, his extreme will, goal determination and his irreconcilable and intolerant behavior towards orcs, it's all based on stereotypical STJ style Te usage. So i think Fe expression that you mentioned have more to do with the role of king that he plays rather then his personality. The same kind of Fe expressions and personal motivations is used by Thrall(freeing his people from tyranny, returning to healthier spiritual state, egalitarianism in the horde) even though his manner of dealing with things is Te, 90% of the time. I guess blizzard favors stereotypical "good-will, noble and moral" sort of leadership when creating the ethos for their characters.

Niko is ISTJ though I do like the idea that he could be INTJ. Regardless, he's very level headed. I'm gonna stick w ISTJ.

I actually agree with niko being ISTJ. If you look at how he speaks of his background he does it in Si manner.

Other stuff that corroborates the typing:

1. He is stuck in the past and he is unable to let go, which is driving force for him in the first place.
2. He is extremely determined to reach his ultimate goal of veangance against the traitor.
3. He looks out and protects his cousin frequently.
4. He resents American culture and constantly refers to the motherland(A introverted perciever would think twice before making such a grave judgement.
5.He is very methodical and business-like when dealing with his contacts.
6. He isn't very big picture oriented, the only time he really speaks in abstracts is when he reflects on his life.
7. He is reliable, practical, and as the game progresses is hired all over because of his dependability and reputation of getting things done .
8. He is down-to earth and has a no-bullshit common sense manner.

I guess the determining factor really is the fact that he doesn't use Ni. He is kind of a stereotype of the Balkanian crook.

MBTI Type
TITS
Enneagram
7w8
Miranda - 3w4 So/Sp
Jack - 8w7 Sx/So; too f*cked up to tell the MBTI type.
Mordin - 5w4 So/Sp

Miranda seemed ESxJ (although I lean towards ESFJ)
Jack I'm almost positive was an ISxP of some sort (probably ISTP)
Mordin is an INTJ

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Miranda seemed ESxJ (although I lean towards ESFJ)
Jack I'm almost positive was an ISxP of some sort (probably ISTP)
Mordin is an INTJ

I was leaning toward some kind of SP for jack as well, and I thought Mordin was INTJ as well (but decided not to post because I was debating it at the time myself). As for Miranda, my first impression of her was ESTP; but I really just didn't use her in my party or talk to her at all (I really just don't like her) so I can't really comment.

MBTI Type
TITS
Enneagram
7w8
I was leaning toward some kind of SP for jack as well, and I thought Mordin was INTJ as well (but decided not to post because I was debating it at the time myself). As for Miranda, my first impression of her was ESTP; but I really just didn't use her in my party or talk to her at all (I really just don't like her) so I can't really comment.

Well, she was basically the illusive man's loyal lap dog. (Miranda) There were a few really annoying parts where people on the ship would get angry at her because she was trying to boss people around or be a stickler for rules. (although I haven't played the game since launch so I cant actually remember the specifics of these events)

Also, you forgot to type the Illusive man who I'm positive is an xNTJ of some sort.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No More Heroes:

TravisTouchdown: INFP or INTP
Sylvia: ESTP
Henry: ESTJ
Shinobu: ISFJ

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So yeah, some ideas that Travis Toudhdwon from No More Heroes may be an INFP (please correct if I'm mistaken about anything):

-He seems to live by certain values (as evident in his speech before fighting Dr. Peace) concerning the world.
-He can't kill a women (at least in the beginning of the game), which is related to his personal beleifs.
-I don't think he has ever really exersiced Ti at all, although if anyone knows of any parts of the game he did use Ti please feel free to share.
-INP all seem fairly obvious.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Assassin's Creed:

Altair - INTJ - Independent, cold, arrogant, inventive, motivated, free-thinking but forced to comply to the Assassin's Creed

Ezio - ESFP - Emotive and family oriented, energetic, adventurous, flambouyant

InFAMOUS:

Cole - ISTP
Zeke - ENXP
Girlfriend lady - ISXJ
Sasha - ENFP

And that's all I remember.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Zeke is an ESFP
The girlfriend is an ISFJ

Cole might be an ISTJ, but ISTP also sounds right

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Zeke is an ESFP
The girlfriend is an ISFJ

Cole might be an ISTJ, but ISTP also sounds right

I agree he's probably an F, but I think he shows a lot of N in that he's always thinking of crazy conspiracies and stuff.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Also on InFAMOUS, I think the old guy was INFJ if I remember correctly.

Kessler seemed J. Not sure about his F/T and N/S. I honestly can't remember. And yes, I know he is just future Cole, but they don't seem to have a terribly similar personality. He's gone through a strong transformation.

UNCHARTED

Nathan Drake: ESTP
Sully: ESTP
Elena: ESFJ (I think)
Bad guy in second game: EXTJ

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Elena is an IxFJ of some kind

Also, Sully and Drake interacting seems more ISTP vs ESTP to me, but i'm not sure.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Elena is an IxFJ of some kind

Also, Sully and Drake interacting seems more ISTP vs ESTP to me, but i'm not sure.

Really? I think they're both rather strong E's. Though sometimes ISTPs are known to be rather extraverted. No, I think they're both E. If any, Sully is probably less extraverted. Nate inparticular is a very superdrake to the rescue woohoo let's go kind of guy.

I can see Elena as an introvert, and I was actually contemplating her N/S but I thought she seemed more S overall.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Think you misunderstood :p

I think Sully is an ISTP. Drake is as ESTP as they come

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Other than that, Link is most definitely an F. I don't care if the "linear" nature of the Zelda games requires that you do as your told. He's clearly F in Majora's mask and Twilight Princess. In MM, he's very NFJ. First off, he can't be P cuz they don't keep schedules (Bombers' Notebook.) The game has themes that are a lot about healing spiritually. Probably not S territory. His primary drive in the game is to help others, way more Fe than Fi (Fi users know much more about helping themselves and then getting pissed off when they're called inconsiderate.)

nah, i don't really see link as an NFJ. cause we know he's I, of course, but i know some INFJs and link is not one of them.

firstly, he keeps the Bomber's Notebook because those are necessary timed events. Ps can and do make schedules just fine, we just don't really usually like them much, lol. we'd never make it in the business world - or even at college - otherwise.

the game has spiritual healing themes, but all that implies is that its creators are on an N tangent, which is pretty obvious from all the puzzles you have to solve, too. but link goes on the mission in OoT because he's destined to, in MM because he's looking for an old friend, and in TP because his village was attacked and the children of the village kidnapped. all in all, the way he handles things is pretty S. Se, for that matter. as Ne i want to see the big picture. link moves from thing to thing without really knowing what the greater scope is, and that would bug the shit out of me. but for someone with Se, i can see that kind of living in the moment being great.

i do agree that he's not Fi, and that would suggest ISTP over ISFP. and link seems quite logical in a crisis. so i'm going for ISTP. :yes: