• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NBC's "Friends" Characters

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm with Jennifer.. actually, I think there have been Friends threads before...

Here
Skimming through, the consensus seems to be:

Rachel : ESFP or ESFJ
Monica: ESTJ (possibly ExTJ or ISFJ)
Chandler: _NTP (possibly ExTP or INTJ)
Joey: ESFP
Phoebe: ENFP (possibly INFP, ExFP, ENFx)

Ross: possibly the hardest Friend to type: INTJ/ISTJ, INTP, INFx, ENTP
Great gathering of information!

Rachel- ENFP (I love her so much she just can't be a sensor!)
Monica- ESTJ
Chandler- ????
Joey- ESFP
Pheobe- INFP/ENFP
Ross- Sitcom INTJ.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm going to merge the threads. Please don't crucify me. :puppy_dog_eyes:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Phoebe is probably an ENFP. The others I'm not sure.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
By natue of a sitcom they all seem like extraverts to me, they're all too outgoing and abrasive when they meet new people. But perhaps for some of them their true characters are introverts.

I'd just add that I really hate this show, especially the characters of Phoebe and Ross, but I've watched it too much not to add my two cents.

These are my guesses:

Monica ESTJ, seen her referred to as an ESFJ as well which doesn't seem that far-fetched.

Rachel ISFP, the only one I've put as an introvert, but probably does have a lot of ESFP moments.

Phoebe ENFP, She's too much in a fantasy world to seem a J or an S, she's possibly an introvert though.

Ross ENTJ, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, and want him as far away from being an INTP as an NT can get.

Chandler ENTP, arrogant like an INTP, but too obnoxious, has to be heard too much. His jokes don't change either like an introvert may try to do.

Joey ESFP, see the "ESFP" stupid myth. Can't be bothered adding a link.

alicia91

Rachel- ENFP (I love her so much she just can't be a sensor!)

You can't love a Sensor? ;)

Monica ESTJ, seen her referred to as an ESFJ as well which doesn't seem that far-fetched.

Rachel ISFP, the only one I've put as an introvert, but probably does have a lot of ESFP moments.

Phoebe ENFP, She's too much in a fantasy world to seem a J or an S, she's possibly an introvert though.

Ross ENTJ, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, and want him as far away from being an INTP as an NT can get.

Chandler ENTP, arrogant like an INTP, but too obnoxious, has to be heard too much. His jokes don't change either like an introvert may try to do.

Joey ESFP, see the "ESFP" stupid myth. Can't be bothered adding a link.
I agree with Mort.

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Friends characters

Rachel ESFP
Joey ESXP
Chandler XNTX (Perry has been typed as an ENTP)
Pheobe INFP (though she could be pretty harsh and tactless)
Monica ESFJ (everyone can at least agree she’s a J)
Ross ENFJ. I may be writing from my IN corner of the Twilight Zone on this, but unlike most of you I really saw Ross as being more ENF, and Jish, the way he seemed to have to plan everything in his relationships; he didn’t strike me as being very spontaneous. He also came across as idealistic, good at expressing his feelings, whiny at times (all NFJ) and a charismatic speech giver (ENFJish), as I recall from one or two episodes.

heart

heart on fire
I agree about Ross, he does seem more NFJ than anything else.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
... and then the next question could be: to what extend do these actors play themselves?

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Friends

Rachel - ENFP
Monica - ESFJ
Phoebe - ISFP
Joey - ISFP
Chandler - ESTP
Ross - ISTJ

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
If this interests you, you will find quite a lot of threads on this in the archive... and you may be surprised by the concensus that was reached there...

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I did a search before I posted, assuming it must have been covered, and no results came up.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
yes, I hate the search engine here too...

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
That's the one!
I killed it back then :D

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
In light of the other thread. I will ammend:

Rachel: I don't know. FP is certain.
Monica: ESTJ
Phoebe: ISFP.
Joey: E / I SFP.
Chandler: ESTP. With healthy N.
Ross: Starts off ISTJ, as the show goes on he becomes an F.