• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NBC's "Friends" Characters

feisty

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't really see her all that extroverted, kind of but as much as it has to be because its a show about Friends Lol.

What about her obsession with Always being the hostess and always planning parties, and wanting to speak at like her parents anniversary party? I just don't see how she would ever be perceived as introverted?

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What about her obsession with Always being the hostess and always planning parties, and wanting to speak at like her parents anniversary party? I just don't see how she would ever be perceived as introverted?

Lol! I remember those things, but she just seems introverted to me Idk she gives me that vibe. Rachael seems alive and in the world more. Plus can't ISFJs seem extroverted sometimes? Her being seems like all my ISJs I know. I remember watching quite a few episodes where she is just so awkward socially. I imagine Fe doms knowing how to deal with social situations better. She seems like a mother also, and remembering reading things about ISFJs are usually made to be parents (Not made to offend anyone) but idk.

SStrange1

MBTI Type
INFJ
Rachel: ESFJ
Monica: ESFJ (just more *J* than rachel. don't forget that ESFJs can be very critical and competitive, that doesn't make them T ;-)
Chandler: iSTP
Joey: ESTP
Ross: IStJ
Phoebe: ESFP

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Pheobe: ENFP
Joey: ESFP
Monica: ESTJ
Rachel: ESFX
Ross: INTJ
Chandler: is a tough one, sometimes he seems like Fi dom, sometimes more like ENTP and sometimes INTP who is bit confused and careful, but gentle and good willed Fe. Him being an fictional character and showing different types, ill just say that he cant be typed, but is most closest of some ENTP/INFP hybrid

PARANOiA

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w6
Rachel - ExFx
She's the hardest to type, even though she's probably the main character along with Ross. She doesn't fit as an ESFP, neither as an ENFP. Maybe ESFJ, but I can't find the "judging" (J) part on her, just can't.

Ross - ISFJ
I used to think Ross is a "T", but I've read one comment in this thread and I changed my mind. He's for sure an Introvert. I don't see him as an iNtuitor, as many here typed him, since he's more practical and down to earth, seeing things as they really are. He's indeed a feeler, not a Thinker. And the "J" is the most obvious; Ross is a work-oriented, organized person.

Chandler - INTP
The borderline between his E and his I is so thin, it's hard to define, but I'd go with an "I", because puting aside his frequent jokes with everyone, doesn't remain lot to make him an "E". I can't really see a iNtuition preference on him, but he doesn't strikes me with Sensation at all. The T/F reason is pretty unclear too, but I'd go with Thinking.

Monica - ESTJ
ESTJ does fit her very well. She's a down-to-earth extrovert who doesn't show many feeling traces. Her Judging preference is mainly clear when she shows her inclination for clean and organized things.

Joey - ESFP
There's no doubt about it. Some people here typed him as an "T", and I can't see why. He cares about other people too much, and he shows that. I remember the episode where he were trying to say sorry to Ross, because he "accidently" asked Rachel in marriage, this makes his "F" preference very clear to me, and other facts too...
He likes to have fun, is silly and everyone likes him. Even though this describes ENFP too, ESFP is perfect for Joey.

Phoebe - ENFP
I wouldn't discard the INFP option, but she is clearly a NFP. NF temperament with perceiving: totally Phoebe.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rachel: ESFJ 6w7 Sp/Sx
Monica: ESTJ 3w4 So/Sx
Phoebe: ENFP 7w6 Sx/So
Chandler: ENTP 6w7 So/Sp
Ross: ISFJ 6w5 Sp/So
Joey: ESFP 9w8 Sp/Sx

sajtoscsaj

MBTI Type
xNTx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Phoebe: INFJ (maybe ENFJ), because she uses Ni, not Ne
Monica: clearly ESTJ
Joey: I surmise ESFP
Rachel: It's hard to decide, but I think she's an ESFJ (or ENFP)
Ross: Also debatable, surely IxFx, maybe ISFJ
Chandler: xNTx, because of his sarcasm I presume INTJ, but he also can be INTP or ENTP

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I reckon:

Rachel - ENFP
Monica - ENxJ (Don't see the 'S' here. Her and Chandler share a definite intuitive chemistry)
Joey - ESFP
Ross - ENFJ
Chandler - ENTP
Phoebe - INFP

Last edited:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rachel: ESFJ, lots of Fe
Monica: ESTJ with ISFJ moments
Phoebe: ENFP
Chandler: ENTP
Ross: THEWORST

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I should probably start watching Friends, because people keep comparing me to Monica, and I want to know if that's a compliment or not. :laugh:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ross: THEWORST

Agree with every single one. Ross made me wanna rip my hair out. :cry:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

This list looks pretty good, but I'm not sure why people keep putting Chandler as an extravert. He is probably the most introverted of the group. I say INTP.

I really don't get an N vibe from Ross. He seems to be ISTJ or ISFJ.

DreamBeliever

Ross- IxTJ (considering his job, I'd say N)
Chandler- ENTP (with social anxiety, I'd say)
Joey- ESFP
Monica- ESTJ
Rachel- ISFP
Phoebe- ENFP

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Chandler - INXP(fictional character, some traits seem more F, some more T, sometimes he seems kinda like ENTP), if i had to put type on him i would say INFP over INTP tho
Pheobe - ENFP
Ross - INTJ
Rachel - ESFJ
Joey - ESFP
Monica - ESTJ

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ross: ISFJ
Pheebs: ENFP
Rachel: ESTP
Mike: INFP
Gunther: ISFJ
Richard: INTJ

One1000

Rachel - ESFJ
Pheobe - ENFP
Monica - ESTJ
Joey - ESFP
Ross - ISFJ (with some T traits)
Chandler - definitely the most difficult to type, i'm leaning towards INTP, but i'm not really sure.

Minor Character:
Gunther - ISFJ
Richard - INFJ
Mike - ISFP
Rachel's Dad - ExTJ
Janis - ESFJ

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Eh I'd say chandler was an ENTP, I would think he would get drained pretty quickly being with all the other friends the amount of time he is if he was an INTP.

The way I see Rachel is that she definately leads with Se. It comes out more than Fe, even though she is pretty strong in both. She states in a few episodes she overthinks things and tends to worry too much, which I think comes from Ti. So her functional stack would be Se-Ti-Fe-Ni.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
IMO

Ross: ISTJ
Rachel: ESFJ