• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This interview I found...Which type uses logic like this?

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
Hi Everyone,
This is an extract that I found in a newspaper, Person 1 intrigued me quite a bit, I wondered what sort of type you might attribute this sort of fascinating logic/humour to. I'll tell you they're introvert but for the moment i'm leaving the rest, though I had my original thoughts about this person. They are usually quite smart:)

Transcript

Person 1: Isn't New Zealand an island?
Person 2: Hold on, Person 1 - can you just explain to everyone how you perceive Britain in your head?
Person 3: As in, which way up is it? What's at the top?
Person 1: What is the top? That is a cartographic convention that I happen not to agree with.
Person 2: Well, what town is nearest to France?
Person 1: John O'Groats.
Person 2: So what's up near Iceland?
Person 1: Cornwall. What Person 2 is alluding to is my mental mapping - which has an electrical malfunction of some sort. For some reason Britain is upside down in my head and the rest of Europe is the right way up. It makes getting around hotels quite difficult.
Person 2: How much of my life have I spent waiting for you in receptions at posh hotels, waiting for you to find your way down?
Person 1: Probably several minutes.
Person 3: Don't you think it would be fun to let Person 1 do all the navigation for the tour?
Person 1: Application of maps is fine but I don't have an innate sense of direction.
Person 2: Person 1 how many Albert Halls are there in London?
Person 1: To you, one, but to me there are two. There's the Albert Hall that you know, but further east - which is actually west, no it is east but west to me - there is actually another one poking out of what is otherwise a grey mist. This is what I mean about this...
Person 2: Oh God, he's off now. Person 1 - can you understand why we think you're a mental?
Person 1: No, not really.
Person 2: And you went to college to learn the harpsichord... in Lancaster.
Person 1: Mmm, it was very nice

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
Can anyone see any overriding functions (or lack of fuctions) here?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
For a start he must be English. Only an Englishman would take such a surreal view of old merry.

I'd say ENTP. But that's because I've shifted into top gear.

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
hahahaha, cheers...i removed the names because I don't really want biased opinions which are attached to guys in the media for my function research. Never really got the E vibe, but i'm gonna look up function order of ENTP and see whether it seems plausable

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
that's what i thought about the context, but coming from a guy i previously had pegged as ISTJ this seems really strange

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
You originally thought Person 1 was an ISTJ? Doesn't seem that way to me at all. Are all three of these people famous? I am somewhat confused. My favorite line, "Probably several minutes."

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm getting allergic reactions to this kind of humor... Kind of reminds me of Woody Allen.
INTP?

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
These are 'celebrities' but for research purposes i just removed their names because I was more interested in this 'logic', from here I get INTP/INTJ, more P, from Person 3s usual persona on TV i got ISTJ...