• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Whip It

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Bliss Cavendar - INFX
Brooke Cavendar (mother) - ESTJ
Earl Cavendar (father) - ISFJ?
Maggie Mayhem (mentor) - ESFJ
Pash )he freckled friend) - ESFP
Oliver (retarded love interest) - ISFP
Razor (coach) - EXTJ?
Iron Maven (rival) - ESTP
Smashly Simpson - ENFP

7 out of 10.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
:cry:

I recommend it.

I heard it was good, though the reviews made it sound like it was aimed at a slightly girly audience, and I haven't bothered to drag anyone to go see it.

I love any excuse to get me to the theater though, so I'll be sure to see it at some point.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was cute. Not life-changing or ground-breaking, but enjoyable. I felt like breaking out my doc martens after watching it, haha.

I thought Bliss was an SP though. The whole movie felt like SJ vs. SP.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Question unrelated to the types of the characters:

Do you think it would be appropriate/okay for a ten-year-old? I'd like to take my daughter to see it. I don't care about the language but if there's a lot of sexual themes we'll probably wait.

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
People watched this movie?

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP

Do you think it would be appropriate/okay for a ten-year-old? I'd like to take my daughter to see it. I don't care about the language but if there's a lot of sexual themes we'll probably wait.

The movie deals with a very serious issue: molestation.

If you're hoping your 10 year old will learn something practical from this movie, it will how to be a vigilante.

I would consider the movie too dark for a 10 year old. I also don't think they could understand the subtitles in the dialogue.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Ouch, molestation may be too heavy. I thought it was mostly about pageants vs. derby with a teen relationship (questionably sexual) peppered in.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
The movie deals with a very serious issue: molestation.

If you're hoping your 10 year old will learn something practical from this movie, it will how to be a vigilante.

I would consider the movie too dark for a 10 year old. I also don't think they could understand the subtitles in the dialogue.

LOL! I thought I was writing about Hard Candy.

Yes! The content in the movie is not that graphic.

Here's a website that rates the sexuality, violence and profanity.
Whip It [2009] [PG-13] - 5.6.4

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Whew! I wondered about that- I didn't remember reading about molestation in any of the reviews I read. And that's a great website! Thanks Argus!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The only sexual part is when Bliss (Ellen Page) and her love interest strip down to their underwear in a pool and kiss, and it's implied that they have sex. There's some kissing/making out between teens also. That's pretty minor though.

The overall theme of the movie is not romance or sex, but it has a teenage feel to it. IDK...I think about age 12 would be the cut off, but I'm not a parent.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Based on the site Argus posted I think I need to see it myself before I think about taking her. It's really more the dialogue (stuff about getting crabs and talking about dick size and stuff like that) than the making out/implied sex.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I just watched this movie and thought it was pretty good.
Bliss: ISFP
Smashley: ESFP
Maggie: ENFJ
Pash: ESFJ
Oliver: Don't want to spend the time thinking about him to make an assessment
Mom: ISFJ