• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tori Amos

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I adore her and her music. My guess would be INFJ as well.

Danielson

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok, just saw two minutes of an interview with her.
Her dominant function is introverted feeling. She´s also rather intuitive ->INFP

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i still lean heavily towards INFJ. i love her so. :wub:

the most beautiful woman in the world as a matter of fact. younger, older, makes no difference.

PF_358253_999~Tori-Amos-Posters.jpg

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Ok, just saw two minutes of an interview with her.
Her dominant function is introverted feeling. She´s also rather intuitive ->INFP

She is nothing but intuitive. So much so that I'm pretty sure it's her dominant function. Also, she has that obsession with myth and archetype that is often attributed to INFJs.

Lightyear

I am going to go against the grain and say ENFP.

She is definitely intuitive and a feeler but I remember her writing in her book "Piece by Piece" that in her younger years she only seemed to feel alive when she was on stage performing, everything else was just leading up to that. That sounds very ENFP to me. I am an INFJ and I can tell you one of the worst things I can imagine is having to stand on a stage and entertain a huge audience. So I would say E.

I can also see a huge amount of Extroverted Intiution in her. Her way of talking reminds me very much of Robert Downey Jr's (who is an ENFP.) and which her fans describe as "Tori speak". In interviews she will use a lot of metaphors, speak in symbols (For example she describes her songs as "her girls".) so that half of the time you think: "What the heck is she going on about?" I have seen this way of speaking in people with dominant extroverted initiution while I as an introverted intuitive might think like her on the inside but not vocalize my weird thougths.

She also always had a very rebellious streak, wanting to shock people. For example she demonstratively wore red leather trousers while leading the choir at her dad's church or when her record company tried to force her to change her second album "Under The Pink" she threatened them with burning the master tapes, again something I think an ENFP is more likely to do than a quietly independent INFJ.

Another thing I thought of: I have seen a lot of fan photos where she is very facially expressive (There used to be a hilarious website called "A dent in Tori's ass" with great pictures.), something else that points to her being ENFP or extroverted intuitive.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am going to go against the grain and say ENFP.

She is definitely intuitive and a feeler but I remember her writing in her book "Piece by Piece" that in her younger years she only seemed to feel alive when she was on stage performing, everything else was just leading up to that. That sounds very ENFP to me. I am an INFJ and I can tell you one of the worst things I can imagine is having to stand on a stage and entertain a huge audience. So I would say E.

I can also see a huge amount of Extroverted Intiution in her. Her way of talking reminds me very much of Robert Downey Jr's (who is an ENFP.) and which her fans describe as "Tori speak". In interviews she will use a lot of metaphors, speak in symbols (For example she describes her songs as "her girls".) so that half of the time you think: "What the heck is she going on about?" I have seen this way of speaking in people with dominant extroverted initiution while I as an introverted intuitive might think like her on the inside but not vocalize my weird thougths.

She also always had a very rebellious streak, wanting to shock people. For example she demonstratively wore red leather trousers while leading the choir at her dad's church or when her record company tried to force her to change her second album "Under The Pink" she threatened them with burning the master tapes, again something I think an ENFP is more likely to do than a quietly independent INFJ.

Another thing I thought of: I have seen a lot of fan photos where she is very facially expressive (There used to be a hilarious website called "A dent in Tori's ass" with great pictures.), something else that points to her being ENFP or extroverted intuitive.

I'll say...yes.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
[YOUTUBE="XIEellAHOY4"]Tori Amos Interview[/YOUTUBE]

I could definitely see ENFP, now that it's been mentioned. It seems like she always has this energy that's waiting to burst forth at any moment. Very effusive.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just get more j extraverted judging left-brained tightness. tightly wound. continuous contrast. it's how we work with Ni. comparatively.

i don't know her that well but i always thought she was trent reznor. i don't know how i characterize her feeling as more Fe when trent is just as explosive. hell according to lenore injs can use both Fe AND Te very easily, even tho one is their developmental dominant. i admit i'm stumped why trent is intj and tori is infj, but it feels right. just look at the difference in colours.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
I once read Tori is INFJ. Later I could see it in her appearance (Yeah, there's something to that). Her lyrics are a lot about S things though ("Think of me as programmable soda"), although it can as well be Ni (seeing things with that). I also got (or read) this picture of INFJ/ISFP combined type being hers.

I see a lot of humor in her... I don't know what that says (Maybe speaks for ISFP).

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't think there's any possibility that she's an S. Just look at this video. Her intuitive-speak is unhinged, she is obviously not too concerned about her appearance, and she's very dreamy. Total NF.

[YOUTUBE="P7pP7M7KqAc"]The Making of 'Boys for Pele'[/YOUTUBE]

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
candylandjoe - who is a prick by the way:cool:
said that she is an ISTJ
WTF?
She uses Ne but I think that she is an xNFP fo-sho.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
candylandjoe - who is a prick by the way:cool:
said that she is an ISTJ
WTF?
She uses Ne but I think that she is an xNFP fo-sho.

after watching the above video, definitely. that ain't no infj, that's for sure. the video has more of an enfp feel to me than infp.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP like we've (been) saying!
So all you nay sayers can hush.

Usehername

On a mission
I'd only be confident about NF, myself.

I'm spending tonight trying to hack Happy Phantom on the piano (first song I'm going to try to learn start to finish since I stopped playing regularly). Hopefully it starts coming along in a few hours.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Tori Amos, love her, OMG.

INFP, I should think.