• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tori Amos

G

GirlAmerica

She is sooooooo very cool.
I love the complexity of her lyrics...I love to try to figure out the meaning.
Her songs are like mosaic art work in lyrics.

I used to go to her shows every time she came around....I love how she writhes all over her piano.

I got the chance to speak to her once, she is a very cool chick. T or F!

I would vote a very complex introvert however.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, I'm a big geek. I just bought a DVD of one of her concerts, and it also has some of her interviews on it.

I now really think she's INFx. Not E (I was basing the E possibility off of her book -- but now I recognize that many I's seem much more E in writing, because they have all the time in the world to write their thoughts out).

In the interviews on the dvd, she comes across very 'soft' and ethereal (for lack of a better word), and she speaks quite slowly (you can almost see the process of her unraveling what's in her mind into speech).

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've always noticed Ni in her lyrics, so I never understood the common ENFP typing of her. I also thought it was interesting that she did some songs with Tool years ago, who also strike me as very Ni oriented.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would pick INFP/ISFP. IxFPs can drop the boom when they want to. I'd never mess with my sister (an ENFP) when she's gone off. *laughs* But INFJ might not be too bad a guess either. Tori's kind of a rare bird.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I only know 2 ENFP's in real life, and Tori in her interviews is absolutely nothing like them. Tori seems very soft-spoken in her interviews. And like I said, very drawn-out speech and it taking her time to translate and then verbalize what she's thinking (relatively speaking -- compared to someone who talks rapidly and ideas/words just spill out of them effortlessly). But then to keep things real, I am only viewing one dvd. But based on it...no way is she an E!!!

But if you look at just her stage persona, yeah, I can see why people would think she's an E.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Girl American, love your avy. ;)

Here is a picture I just came across. INFJ?

070507_r16195_p233.jpg

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
INFJ, I think. She's a whole lot of Ni, I think... and intense in the way that I think INFJs can be. I could see INFP also, though.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tori Amos : Raisinette with a Rasberry Swirl

I have heard INFP before, which i see as a likelyhood
but due to incessant metaphors, symbolisms,and her critical attitude
i'd say Ni domme, INFJ

i could be biased
perhaps i am wrong
she may be an ENTJ

what say you ?

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
My lazy guess based on lazy analysis would be INFP, 4w3.

cheers,
Ian

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My lazy guess based on lazy analysis would be INFP, 4w3.

cheers,
Ian
Thanks Ian

I agree with the 4w3
hmm
INFP seems to be the consensus

more please

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
From seeing her in interviews, the 4w3 and the INF seem easy to sense and intuit. The metaphorical references to an inner reality grounded in interpersonal values give the INF. The clothing and presentation when someone else is being addressed give the 4w3.

As it concerns the P/J, my sense of it is purely intuition (and not the MBTI kind, hehe), and while I can give you no argument as to why, I am nearly as certain of it as I am the 4w3 INF part.

cheers,
Ian

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From seeing her in interviews, the 4w3 and the INF seem easy to sense and intuit. The metaphorical references to an inner reality grounded in interpersonal values give the INF. The clothing and presentation when someone else is being addressed give the 4w3.

As it concerns the P/J, my sense of it is purely intuition (and not the MBTI kind, hehe), and while I can give you no argument as to why, I am nearly as certain of it as I am the 4w3 INF part.

cheers,
Ian

yeah
i've heard someone justify the P because of her " improvs "
?

Myers Briggs Personality Type - Denver, Colorado -- Dominant Introverted Intuition - iN
Myers Briggs Personality Type - Denver, Colorado -- Dominant Introverted Feeling - iF

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think Intuition would be her dominant function. She seems like an introvert to me, and she doesn't strike me as an INTJ, lol.

Whatever, I hereby type her as HOTT

YouTube - I'm not in love - Tori Amos

Edit: She is a mysterious entity to me. I am fascinated by her, truly.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I still say INFJ.

I found these last night. As if if I didn't need more reasons to love her. :wubbie:

PS22 Chorus

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob9cAWly0gI"]Tori Sings With PS22[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS9f_XQqVi0&feature=related"]Tori Weeps[/YOUTUBE]

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think of her as INFJ, too.
Has that 'mystic' aura that most INFJ have.