• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Clerks

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think most people are familiar with the 1994 Kevin Smith film, Clerks. If you haven't you should, because its hilarious. Anyway, I felt like having a go at the characters, so please excuse the very novice-level typing.

Dante: INxJ
Randal: ISFP
Jay: ESFP
Silent Bob: INTJ (?)
Veronica: ENTP
Caitlin: ESFJ (?)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think I buy Jay as an F. ESTP or ISTP.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Dante: INxJ

I don't remember well Clerks, I saw it a lot of years ago.
But why you type Dante INxJ, and expecially a J ?
He seems to live a resigned and aimless life.
I don't know how many INTJ or INFJ could relate to him... :huh:

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Assuming Silent Bob is an NT I would suggest that he is INTP.\

Although he is "silent" which makes him somewhat more difficult to type.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't remember well Clerks, I saw it a lot of years ago.
But why you type Dante INxJ, and expecially a J ?
He seems to live a resigned and aimless life.
I don't know how many INTJ or INFJ could relate to him... :huh:
I was having trouble typing Dante, so I wasn't sure if he was a J or a P.
Although he is "silent" which makes him somewhat more difficult to type.
Which is why I put a question mark next to his name.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Dante - ISFJ (clearly some form of high Si user, and he does seem to be a feeler rather than a thinker)
Randal - ENTP (obvious Ne-Ti user, what with his quirky ideas and random connections that simply pop into his head. His sociable misanthropy is also common among unhealthy ENTPs, who often "hate people, but love gatherings.")
Jay - ESFP (his T seems more Te than it does Ti, and he's clearly more Fi than Fe in films like Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, a film that displays his F full-force)
Silent Bob - INFP (shows Fi-dominance in other films, is a source of moral support, and lives a rather carefree life)
Veronica - ESFJ (half of her screen-time is her complaining about the lack of motivation of the leads, and her rants do seem very Fe-Si in nature)
Caitlin - ESFP (seemingly impulsive, strongly Fi)

To add to this, Clerks II characters:

Becky - INTP
Emma - ESFJ
Elias - INFJ
Lance - ENTJ

Last edited:

Sinister Magick

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Dante - INFP for sure, obvious FI user. Perhaps, even an unhealthy FI user. An example, is how he blames over for his misfortunes in life and constantly lets the world run him over. He's not a J due to his misdirection and constant indecision.

Randal - ISTP

Jay - ESxP, since he does seem like an ESFP is Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, but in every other film he does come off like an ESTP.

Silent Bob - clear INTP

Veronica - ESFJ

Caitlin Bre - ESFP (that rhymes)