• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sharon Stone's type

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:) Too funny!

My 'vibe', then, is that she's an INTJ who is smart enough - dare I say cunning? hehe - to put up a facade when in public.

[ I'm just not necessarily seeing *genuine* emotions in her interviews, which is why I lean towards T. But, that could be me. ;-) It's obviously hard/impossible to know w/ celebrities, because of the public image thing. For example, I's I think could become quite good at appearing E. It comes with the territory - becoming savvy with interviewing.]

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
And just remember, for the rest of the thread, that she was going to sue after that scene in basic instinct.

Are you saying an ENFP would not consider doing that? :unsure:

For example, her early life marks her as a rather strong I (I will go with her being an I as well) as well as T (I will go with her being a T as well).
Her lack of drive, except when pushed goes against her nature to take on just about everything... as such, I'm not sure over the J/P - I would hazard a guess on the J side as a result of her current work, but I'm pretty iffy overall.

Would you link to the bio(s) you're reading? Just so we're talking about the same things.

Her complete disinterest in social situations encourages the J view rather than the P view - Ps are generally inept rather than uncaring while she is decidedly uncaring.

Which disinterest are you referring to here?

It can be somewhat supported by her reactions to her ideals as well, except that pragmaticism took over.

... And which reactions to what ideals?

(Asked the N of the S. :D)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just throwing in random things that I run across (not trying to draw a conclusion, just providing details):

When I was 15 I went to college half a day while I went to high school, and I tutored algebra to other kids in my high school. So I never got to be on a peer level relationship with the kids I went to school with.

I was like, you know, that weird girl. I cannot believe I did not know that I was a pretty girl. I was so insecure and so intimidated and so introverted."Sharon Stone [Toronto Sun, Feb.15.96]

From a socionics site:
Examples of actresses belonging to logical (T) types: Meryl Streep, Meg Ryan, Helen Hant, Sharon Stone, Glenn Close, Patricia Kaas, Uma Thurman, Demie Moore.

Examples of actresses belonging to ethical (F) types: Barbra Streisand, Elisabeth Taylor, Melanie Griffith, Nastassia Kinsky, Susan Sarandon, Fannie Ardan, Liza Minnelli, Nicole Kidman.

Generalization elsewhere (no support offered thought)
personality & talent
Sharon Stone is an opinionated person. She can be difficult, often diva-like and downright bitchy. But she is also a vocal critic of what she refers to the "perpetual shallow interaction" that exists in Hollywood (i.e. everyone is fake). Sharon Stone's intelligence also gets a lot of press. She has a high IQ and even passed MENSA's rigid entry exams with flying colors, joining the world's inteligencia elites.

wikipedia said:
She has described herself as "a nerdy, ugly duckling who sat in the back of the closet with a flashlight, and a set of C cell batteries. I was never a kid. I walked and talked at 10 months. I started school in the second grade when I was five, a real weird, academically driven kid, not at all interested in being social. Recess was a drag until I realized I didn't have to play, that I could lean up against a wall and read." Most of the kids disliked her because she was standoffish and did not play children's games. One day on the playground she announced, "I am the new Marilyn Monroe." Her mother once said: "Sharon has been posing from the day she arrived. She came out posing."

As a young woman, reportedly, her IQ was tested and rated at a high level of 154 points.[4] After skipping a grade in school, she was involuntarily transferred from Saegertown High School to Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, enrolling at the age of fifteen years. She returned for a visit to her college in March of 2007 for academic purposes, and there to her surprise she received an honorary doctorate from their president.

...In the movie’s most notorious scene, Tramell is being questioned by the police and she crosses and uncrosses her legs revealing the fact she was not wearing any underwear. When seeing her own vulva in the leg-crossing scene[5] during a screening of the film, she went into the projection booth and slapped director Paul Verhoeven. "I knew that we were going to do this leg-crossing thing and I knew that we were going to allude to the concept that I was nude, but I did not think that you would see my vagina in the scene," she said. "Later, when I saw it in the screening I was shocked. I think seeing it in a room full of strangers was so disrespectful and so shocking, so I went into the booth and slapped him and left."[6][7] Stone claims to have been tricked into the stunt and considered a lawsuit.
Sharon Stone (1991)
Sharon Stone (1991)

Verhoeven reportedly told her to take her panties off because they were visible through her dress, when in fact he had a camera filming between her legs and did not tell her.[8] Later she admitted that the scene helped make the movie the number one box office hit of the year. ..

ter years of litigation, Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction was released on March 31, 2006. By Sunday, April 2, 2006, after earning $3,200,000 in its debut weekend, the movie was declared a bomb.[9] Much of the cause of the delay in releasing the film was Stone's dispute with the filmmakers over the amount of nudity in the movie: she wanted a lot, and they wanted much much less. An orgy scene was cut in order to achieve the R MPAA rating for the U.S. release; the controversial scene remained in the UK version of the film. Stone told an interviewer that "We are in a time of odd repression and if a popcorn movie allows us to create a platform for discussion, wouldn't that be great?"[10] Stone has said that she would love to direct and act in a third Basic Instinct film...

...In February 2007, Stone found her role as a clinically depressed woman in her latest film When a Man Falls in the Forest, strangely uplifting, as it challenged what she called "Prozac society." "It was a watershed experience," she said. "I think that we live in a... Prozac society where we're always told we're supposed to have this kind of equilibrium of emotion. We have all these assignments about how we're supposed to feel about something".[12]

...It has been said that her parents raised her with feminist values. "My dad never raised me to believe that being a woman inhibited any of my choices or my possibilities to succeed. To be a feminist like Dad in that blue-collar, middle-class world is a big stand."

In April 2004, she was awarded the National Center for Lesbian Rights Spirit Award in San Francisco for her support and involvement with organizations that serve the lesbian, gay and HIV/AIDS community[16] and performed Can't Get You Out of My Head with Kylie Minogue in Cannes for AIDS research. She was presented the award by San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, then embroiled in a national controversy over his decision to allow same sex marriage in his city.

In the early 1990s, Stone became a member of the Church of Scientology. Stone remained with the religion until recently when she converted to Buddhism, after fellow actor Richard Gere introduced her to the Dalai Lama.[17] She is an ordained minister with the Universal Life Church[18].

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Just throwing in random things that I run across (not trying to draw a conclusion, just providing details)

That socionics site lists Meg Ryan as a T. :rolleyes:

In the same spirit as your inputs, Jen, I bring you the following from Wiki:

On January 28, 2005, Sharon Stone helped raise $1 million in five minutes for mosquito nets in Tanzania,[14] turning a panel on African poverty into an impromptu fund-raiser at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Many observers, including UNICEF, criticized her actions by claiming that Stone had reacted instinctively to the words of Tanzanian President Benjamin Mkapa, because she had not done her research on the causes, consequences and methods of preventing malaria; if she had done so, she would have found out that most African governments already distribute free bed nets through public hospitals. (...) Stone has vowed to consult with Bill Gates and Oprah Winfrey, two prominent philantropists, before making another effort to help another African nation.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That socionics site lists Meg Ryan as a T. :rolleyes:

Most seemed good, but yes, I was a little skeptical of that one. (What would you class Meg as anyway?)

In the same spirit as your inputs, Jen, I bring you the following from Wiki:

Yes, I saw that one. I wasn't sure how useful it would be, though -- because it could be representative of a values-driven F mindset OR of just a lazy N mindset. (or even both.)

Throw it on, the digital bucket is free. :)

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Are you saying an ENFP would not consider doing that? :unsure:

No no, just a comment on calling her a slut. It's a bit unfair to her since she was not happy about it but couldn't do anything about it. She slapped the director, even.

Would you link to the bio(s) you're reading? Just so we're talking about the same things.

Egad... Well, the wikipedia one has just about everything. Let's go with that :D

Which disinterest are you referring to here?

Stuff like her comments "I hated recess until I realised I could sit and read rather than play" and "I didn't get along...".

Those are anti-ENFP things, IMO.

... And which reactions to what ideals?

Feminism and her Basic Instinct shot, which she hated. However, she didn't sue because it wasn't practical (and made her famous).

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
No no, just a comment on calling her a slut.

Ah. :)

Stuff like her comments "I hated recess until I realised I could sit and read rather than play" and "I didn't get along...".

Those are anti-ENFP things, IMO.

I will let Vortex respond to this and other points. (We've IM'ed about the typing.)

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
Yeah, I did not get along with other kids at all and was sometimes forced by my teachers to go play with the others and stop reading. I would keep reading and ignoring everyone else to the huge irritation of classmates and teacher. I was also considered quite nerdy and weird, and was known as 'the dictionary'. I was an incredibly shy child and I didn't feel even on remotely the same level as my class mates, even in highschool.

So, that was about those traits being anti-ENFP seen from my POV.

Apart from that, SS seems very ENFP to me, which is absolutely based on vibes and recognition of mannerisms and patterns of speech, not anything I can specifically quote and show at this moment. I haven't seen or read anything that makes her seem non-ENFP to me.

Edit: Adding that compromising on morality in favour of practicality (sueing/ not sueing) seems extremely ENFP too

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apart from that, SS seems very ENFP to me, which is absolutely based on vibes and recognition of mannerisms and patterns of speech, not anything I can specifically quote and show at this moment.

Oh no, it's a Battle of the Emanations!

"!!!MY VIBES ARE BETTER THAN YOUR VIBES!!!" (Mua ha ha)

There. Do you feel defeated yet?

I think Eco should contact Sharon and invite her to a chatroom discussion, so we can settle this once and for all.

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
Jen, what I meant was that I knew my 'vibes' would not be taken seriously either, but I'd add them there anyway.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Just out of curiosity, are people comparing the SS interview with the two Israelis with the Bill Clinton interview? I see plenty of similarities.

I also recognize no NTJ in her whatsoever. If she's got Te, she sure is hiding it well.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jen, what I meant was that I knew my 'vibes' would not be taken seriously either, but I'd add them there anyway.

(Just to be clear, there were LOTS of invisible smileys attached to my last post. :) )

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Just out of curiosity, are people comparing the SS interview with the two Israelis with the Bill Clinton interview? I see plenty of similarities.

I also recognize no NTJ in her whatsoever. If she's got Te, she sure is hiding it well.

I think the gap here comes from how we measure type.

I view it in the macro - the direction of life, her self descriptions, etc. You measure it more from what you see when she talks.

I believe that from public figures (and actors notably), you can't be sure of what you are typing. Especially from someone who is suppose to be smarter than most phds. She reminds me of my friend - someone who tried to be social but failed miserably, but will no doubt get better. Reminds me of Non as well, since she is considered very nice and friendly (much to my amusement)...

But when you look at how they act as a whole, T is barely in question.

The playground thing is hard to say as well. I was out playing with friends and you don't find many more I people than me :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eco, I'm not really seeing Ne as her lead function in the meeting with the Israeli's... not a bit.

As best as I can tell, she's using some sort of internalized function, not an extroverted one.

I'd be very surprised if she classed herself as ENFP.

I can understand why she is confusing you. If she's T, she's very relaxed and choosing her words diplomatically, while still being personable. I.e., she's got some sort of F function going for her... but I am not sure that it is her lead, it seems to be more a tool she uses for professional engagements, just like I sometimes use Fe to sound very empathetic and put on a hostess face here (helping newcomers to feel relaxed) online.

She is definitely a more complex individual than most.

EDIT: I did listen to Clinton as well... and I'm willing to move from an ESFP position to ExFP/ENFP.
Boy, was he annoyed. I could tell by his face when he was being asked the question. *shudder*

The reason for this is because ESFPs might emulate N via the SFP combination of functions, but usually they still get very hung up on details and express themselves through the details. Clinton seemed at least in this interview (in which he was answering on the fly) to have a very good concept sense of how to organize his main points ... i.e., it seemed like he was thinking in the abstractions, not in the details, although he could then very quickly zone down to the details.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
FYI I've requested FineLine's assistance with this typing. He's 51 and a (previously?) active member of Mensa and so I figure he should be able to make more sense of her type than the rest of us. :)

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know much about Sharon Stone, but reading this thread reminds me of a show I saw years ago about how actors choose their scripts. First they had some actor (can't remember who) saying something like: "I want to choose scripts that will test my limits as an actor, where I am going to portray a complex and interesting character. I don't necessarily choose the script that pays the most money."

(cut to Sharon Stone)

Sharon Stone: "I choose the scripts that are going to pay the most money."

:D

I really don't know about the other three letters, but I'm pretty sure that she is a T.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say ENFP, too. She's a slut, but a subtle, manipulative slut. Ne dominants are highly manipulative types.