• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sharon Stone's type

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
So, being a feminist points to being an NFP, as an STP, being masculine, can't be a feminist. BUT, Clara looks STP, so she must be STP.
And you're ignoring an argument that you, yourself, tend to make, just because it contradicts yourself. You'd rather say something completely illogical and won't deal with your own contradictions.
I hope you realize that if you don't address the contradictions in one's reasoning, or at least trying to solve them (because, you know, if there's a contradiction in my own reasoning, it means that I found a fault), makes the results completely useless.

You have an extremely rigid way of looking at type that is sort of fascinating. You do know people are complex right and arent made up of collections of stereotypes?

And while I wouldnt discourage anyone necessarily from studying type, tbh I think you might wanna scratch a lot of your understanding and move away from typing people based off their favorite cartoon characters and whether they get morning wood.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You have an extremely rigid way of looking at type that is sort of fascinating. You do know people are complex right and arent made up of collections of stereotypes?

And while I wouldnt discourage anyone necessarily from studying type, tbh I think you might wanna scratch a lot of your understanding and move away from typing people based off their favorite cartoon characters and whether they get morning wood.

^this.
(Frosty, I thought it was a "you, Methylene" at first, I realized only later it was a "you, [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION]", so I was kind of confused)

yeghor

You should get your head off your blog thread, and start getting involved more in typing threads and offer your own typing methods rather than telling me how wrong mine are.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You should get your head off your blog thread, and start getting involved more in typing threads and offer your own typing methods rather than telling me how wrong mine are.
If you were more familiar with [MENTION=29687]Frosty[/MENTION]'s posting history, you would know she has a long history of weighing in on typing threads. You might consider making a blog yourself, rather than leave off-topic posts in the threads you visit.

Have you considered that Frosty's (and others') criticisms of your typing methods might have some merit?

yeghor

If you were more familiar with [MENTION=29687]Frosty[/MENTION]'s posting history, you would know she has a long history of weighing in on typing threads. You might consider making a blog yourself, rather than leave off-topic posts in the threads you visit.

Have you considered that Frosty's (and others') criticisms of your typing methods might have some merit?

No. So long as they do not offer logical judgments rather than emotional ones, I will not.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. So long as they do not offer logical judgments rather than emotional ones, I will not.
You have not demonstrated an ability to recognize and make use of logical critique when presented. Emotional, or more accurately values based judgment has its place, too, and you would do well not to reject it entirely. As long as you cling to this mindset it will be difficult for you to engage with others here productively, whether on typology or other topics.

yeghor

You have not demonstrated an ability to recognize and make use of logical critique when presented. Emotional, or more accurately values based judgment has its place, too, and you would do well not to reject it entirely. As long as you cling to this mindset it will be difficult for you to engage with others here productively, whether on typology or other topics.

Emotional arguments only provide the information that the person is offended by my reasoning. They do not explain what part of the reasoning they do not agree with and their counter arguments for not agreeing.

Emotional arguments mostly come off as "What you say is hurtful to me and you are wrong because of that. You should also know that I do not like you." rather than "I do not agree or partly agree with what you say because of these and these reasons. Here are some examples for my counter arguments.".

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Emotional arguments only provide the information that the person is offended by my reasoning. They do not explain what part of the reasoning they do not agree with and their counter arguments for not agreeing.

Emotional arguments mostly come off as "What you say is hurtful to me and you are wrong because of that. You should also know that I do not like you." rather than "I do not agree or partly agree with what you say because of these and these reasons. Here are some examples for my counter arguments.".
I didn't see that in the subject criticism. No wonder you are having trouble interpreting it constructively.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4847ac1e77081401fbd2971ae7d5c2ca.jpg

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

I dont dislike you, I dont even know you. The only thing I see is you offering typological theories that seem reflective of a lack of desire to either listen to others or a rigid need for things to fit into boxes based on very limited information.

The fact that you wont listen to others or reevalute your stances when others criticize them seems actually more emotionally based than the arguments people are giving against your typings. Its like you check your thinking against your own thinking and refuse to check it against fact. The fact that you spent a couple weeks typing everyone as SJ also makes me wonder if theres some sort of underlying need there to prove yourself special with typology. Though that last point, if you want to reject it, is fair.

And yes, I do blog a lot. Its basically the only thing I do here anymore. But I have typed people, listened to criticism of my typing methods, without crying out “foul”- because I want to learn, and my ego doesnt need me to be “right”. I want to be correct for correctness sake- not be correct because not being correct makes me insecure.

I wont interact with you further because I honestly dont really want to at this point. Its not because I dont like you, its because if you wont look at yourself I dont really see how this conversation can contribute productively.

yeghor

I dont dislike you, I dont even know you. The only thing I see is you offering typological theories that seem reflective of a lack of desire to either listen to others or a rigid need for things to fit into boxes based on very limited information.

The fact that you wont listen to others or reevalute your stances when others criticize them seems actually more emotionally based than the arguments people are giving against your typings. Its like you check your thinking against your own thinking and refuse to check it against fact. The fact that you spent a couple weeks typing everyone as SJ also makes me wonder if theres some sort of underlying need there to prove yourself special with typology. Though that last point, if you want to reject it, is fair.

And yes, I do blog a lot. Its basically the only thing I do here anymore. But I have typed people, listened to criticism of my typing methods, without crying out “foul”- because I want to learn, and my ego doesnt need me to be “right”. I want to be correct for correctness sake- not be correct because not being correct makes me insecure.

I wont interact with you further because I honestly dont really want to at this point. Its not because I dont like you, its because if you wont look at yourself I dont really see how this conversation can contribute productively.

This is what I hear: "You are typing others based on your subjective judgments and when people point out they are not true (based on their own subjective judgments) you do not want to correct yourself and criticize them."

The discussion is pointless as you said because you are throwing your own subjective judgments on me which are based on the assumption that other people's subjective judgments about some type carry more weight or are truer then my subjective judgments about that type, which is impossible to verify by you either.

Most of the time, their subjective judgments are based on the type they assume themselves to be, which might very well be off, and when I say a specific trait about a type they identify with, they think to themselves, well I am that type but I am not anything like that, and they tell me that I am wrong just based on that.

So basically it is their understanding against mine and you are basically criticizing me for not prioritizing their opinion over mine. However, I have never been the type to necessarily go for the popular opinion or submit to peer pressure and will stick to my own opinion even if it means rowing against the current.

Rest assured that I have kept revising my understanding whenever I saw compelling reason to do so if that is any consolation.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is what I hear: "You are typing others based on your subjective judgments and when people point out they are not true (based on their own subjective judgments) you do not want to correct yourself and criticize them."
When you are determined to misinterpret what others are saying, it is not possible to converse productively.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

The discussion is pointless as you said because you are throwing your own subjective judgments on me which are based on the assumption that other people's subjective judgments about some type carry more weight or are truer then my subjective judgments about that type, which is impossible to verify by you either.

Most of the time, their subjective judgments are based on the type they assume themselves to be, which might very well be off, and when I say a specific trait about a type they identify with, they think to themselves, well I am that type but I am not anything like that, and they tell me that I am wrong just based on that.

So basically it is their understanding against mine and you are basically criticizing me for not prioritizing their opinion over mine. However, I have never been the type to necessarily go for the popular opinion or submit to peer pressure and will stick to my own opinion even if it means rowing against the current.

Rest assured that I have kept revising my understanding whenever I saw compelling reason to do so if that is any consolation.

Ok last reply- and I did consider editing that last thing I said- about you being unwilling to look at yourself, to also say that, part of why I dont want to continue this conversation is because Ill get too involved and its just not worth my energy personally.

This is how I see you typing. Its like, you are trying to figure out a puzzle. You are looking at one piece, say thats orange, and saying “this is a picture of a sun”. While no one has all the pieces, you seem to have an inability, or reluctance, to consider that you cant necessarily strongly state that that one piece of puzzle is able to give you a larger overall picture. Then, other people, who do not have the entire puzzle themselves but do probably have more pieces than you, say- no, this is not a picture of a sun. And this is what I am trying to communicate. This is where the problem seems to lie imo. While maybe the piece you have is separate from the pieces other people have- ignoring those other pieces seems kinda limiting and doesnt make sense if you truly want to see the bigger picture. If you arent checking and adjusting your own opinions because you want to feel like you are rejecting conformity, thats up to you. But again, it just seems sort of limiting.

I cant see what goes on in your brain. The best understanding I can get is from what you write here. But looking at whatever you type as- INTP?- Ti/Si loops are fairly common and hard to get out of or really identify. If you arent ever looking outward then you arent really willing to adjust your own mindset and you will just shuffle through the same thoughts. Yes, refinement is important, but so is the intellectual humility required to scrap things that dont work, listen to others without making ego inflating excuses not to, and use every piece of information available- no matter the source (you dont have to use them indiscriminately, but refusing to because it doesnt reflect your own understanding... doesnt make a ton of sense).

But if you say you do this, ok. Like I said, I cannot see what goes on in your own head, but tbh- Ive said what I wanted to say and while my initial post was a bit snarkier than it should have been- you have the right to type others in whatever way you would like. Typology is a tool and everyone wields it differently.

Best of luck to you and who knows, maybe you are on to some very important points.