• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

billy corgan from the smashing pumpkins

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
infj, enfj, infp? or is he in fact a T? entj? intp?

he's an enneagram 4w5. he wrote the lyrics to muzzle and the lyrics to thirty-three. great i understand who i am in this great mindfuck of a world moments. i think he had an abusive childhood.

he is very quick to language when interviewed, excellent writer, seems very comfortable exploring ideas on-the-fly. intensely emotional, suicidal multiple times, etc.

is perceived by most people as a control freak and a controlling prick. is he extroverted or introverted? is he super aggressive in-charge or manipulative judgy chart-the-course.

he can be pretty fucking witty, will take his time in talk-show social situations (like bill maher), and very very dry.

feels j and Ni to me. i get the sense of Fe more than Fi. could be an Fe reversal mode like thom yorke. very Ni Ti. or he could be an intp, too. altho a 4w5 intp.

theplacesyoullgo

I feel obligated to respond to this because I've loved Smashing Pumpkins for a while, but God, the guy is so damn off-putting. Ridiculously overstates his self-importance on a very regular basis. He's very F and melodramatic.

I'd go with INFJ if INFJs have it in themselves to be THAT not self-aware.

On an off-topic note, the new "Smashing Pumpkins" (i.e. Billy and 3 random players) album is going to be free but 44 songs. I'd rather just have a real album which is properly self-edited and 14 songs long, because I don't feel like listening to 38 mediocre tracks to find the hidden gems. I mean, the guy hasn't written any good music since 2000 save for maybe two songs. Oh yeah, and the album's title is Teargarden by Kaleidyscope. Hilarious.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes. I think Corgan... like Marc Bolan, Ray Davies, Damon Albarn, and others... is quite emotional, and expresses himself eloquently, seems fairly certain of himself, more prepared for attack (at least compared to any inp). inps (infps especially) conversation/interviews, draw random ideas from the day's experience, and rather than connect them all to construct a staircase that seems to (simply an example) address some social concern in a more-or-less methodical fashion as an infj might, they'll put so much energy into trying to make a meaningful mess (something out of nothing) that you might hear them repeat the same conjunction 20 times in a 5-10 minute interview.

I definitely think he's infj.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know, but he was really cute in the "Disarm" video.

[YOUTUBE="I48jPTL0tA0"]hotness[/YOUTUBE]

I'm guessing INFx?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
For once I find someone who is famous is most likely an N ..:banana:
My Guess is INFP.. possibly ENFP ..

note: anyone who sleeps with Courtney Love is not Fe dom.. esepcially 3 weeks after her husbands death

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INF...not sure on the Fe/Fi or Ne/Ni.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt2lbE74N_8"]billy corgan[/YOUTUBE]

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Why not Fe?

Maybe that was his way of consoling her.

Well maybe because I was joking??.. But lets see.. Sleeping with someone 3 weeks after their husbands death and bragging about it (they both did) does not resonate with adhering to shared values and social norms in our society.It certainly would be considered inappropriate in our society (maybe not the act itself but the bragging) Social norm would dictate at least a pretend period of mourning which normally does not include bragging about who you banged ..
On the other hand .. maybe he was just trying to console her as you say.. But in these instances usually a hug would suffice..again the bragging part is the key.. had they kept it quiet.. I might be inclined to think it was an act of compassion.. instead I just think it was an act of passion.. and quite poorly timed ..

Fi on the other hand would care less what others thought.
This act also excludes the possibility of SJ .. since duty would most likely prevent such a event and the after mentioned bragging.. at least until the acceptable period of mourning had expired.

This is just my opinion

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i think INFJ.

martyr complex, Ni lyrics, J interaction style.

i think the pumpkins gave all their proceeds from the adore tour to charity; billy seems into philanthropy (despite being pretentious and smug).

agree on enneagram 4, but 3 wing seems as likely as 5.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i think INFJ.

martyr complex, Ni lyrics, J interaction style.

i think the pumpkins gave all their proceeds from the adore tour to charity; billy seems into philanthropy (despite being pretentious and smug).

agree on enneagram 4, but 3 wing seems as likely as 5.

Yeah he is pretty pretentious and smug.

theplacesyoullgo

Why not Fe?

Maybe that was his way of consoling her.

Yeah, I agree, I don't see why it's so far-fetched. Are Fe users supposed to be endlessly benevolent?

By the way, I totally own the shirt in your avatar, although I never wear it out as to not have to explain it to everyone...

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, I agree, I don't see why it's so far-fetched. Are Fe users supposed to be endlessly benevolent?

By the way, I totally own the shirt in your avatar, although I never wear it out as to not have to explain it to everyone...

Well everybody "uses" Fe .. I said Fe doms.. if Fe is their dominant or aux function then shouldn't their behavior reflect that??
I am not saying it's impossible..
I am quickly learning that most people on here are looking for affirmation and are not interested in debate anyway.. so excuse me and carry on :blush:

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what is so wrong about being pretentious and smug? seriously? it's not like it hurts anyone else. i like billy, he's megalomaniac but it does not affect me the slightest, he still makes great music. he's for sure an introvert to the chore. and i would also go with Fe and Ni. that makes it INFJ i guess.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm sold on enfj, though sp/so e65.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think everyone in the smashing pumpkins is an sx type. also, listen to "muzzle" and "thirty-three" and tell me you don't find e4 at least relevant in those perspectives.

"i feel that i am ordinary just like everyone, to lie here and die among the sorrows drift among the days"

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm hard at work misinterpreting demeanor. He's so stupidly subdued though. Those lyrics read e45 more than anything else. Assuming sx-dom, haven't found the supporting so instinct yet.

korvaamaton

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he said today in his instagram q&a that his enneagram type is 5. usually people type him as a 3, 4 or a 6, but i'm going to trust him on this one; after all, he knows himself way better than any of us.