• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mike Patton ISTP?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
^ Ok no, that's also completely wrong.

Check up on your theory, Holmes.

Instead of just saying jixmixfix is completely wrong, please explain what you perceive to be the critical difference between an ISFP and an ISTP, and why you're so convinced that Patton is not an ISFP.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Why is it that you people all think Sensors can't be smart, intellectual or self-aware?

That's ridiculous. "Omg he makes complex music must be an N!!" is retarded.

I, being a sensor, obviously think that all sensors can't be smart, intellectual or self-aware. Seriously? That's not what I said at all.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I've been seeing him perform since the early 90s and he changes his persona with each act he's in. I really think he's more of an ENFx, and you can kind of see his Fness in the way he relates to his long time (now separated?) wife. Also his personal values (like avoiding the internet like the plague). I can see a lot of Se in him as well though, but I think his persona is a bit more planned and controlled making me lean towards ENFJ somewhat.

B

brainheart

My ex is an ISFP and he's a total film snob, and looks down on people who like mainstream Hollywood movies.

Ss can be intellectual snobs, they're just usually different with their focus on what, how, and why they criticize than Ns.

Speaking from personal experience, I am a total film snob, total music snob, total TV snob, total food snob, total book snob, total smell snob. I'm about as opinionated as they come. But then I get pissed at others when they are snobbish. So I guess I'm also a snob snob.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I dont really know alot about faith no more but judging from Mr.Bungle Ive allways typed him as an Ne user.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4rqXqpLCZ0"]this [/YOUTUBE]

aeonzone

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
idk
I also thought...

Mike Patton as ENTP.
Well he looks crazy (both in acts and words) during shows & interviews
and tends to be energetic and creative(ENP).
He uses the vocal instruements, keyboards and other EMIs freely
so he could have Se great as he has been since his 20s(S as third function).
And it was a little confusing thinking him as F or T
but since he is more close to have Ti / Fe than Fi / Te,
it seems that he is ENTP rather than ENFP.

railroadwino

MBTI Type
INFP
I always thought ENTP too only because he seems exactly like Quentin Tarantino in interviews. I know it's not the most scientific way to go about it, but goddamn do they seem like cousins who use coke together (love 'em both so don't think that's an insult).

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope, not an ISTP. :steam:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think of him as istp, not entp.

"Patton has earned critical praise for his diverse vocals, which touch on crooning, falsetto, death growls, rapping, chanting, mouth music, beatboxing and scatting, among other techniques." -Wiki

This is essentially Se-derived behavior, with Ti pulling the strings. Zappa came from the same school of thought.

His music is really very meaty, typical of -stps.

KDude

That's funny.. since I know you're into socionics. I read somewhere that ENTPs are apparently good with alternating their voices. :confused: Go figure.. I don't buy into it myself, but I was wondering if you've read that?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not that I can remember, no. But I've probably clicked on it at some point. Gotta link?

I just bring up Zappa because it's my understanding that he's the quintessential istp musician, technically masterful, though seemed to focus more on playing as fast as possible rather than effects; his more experimental stuff's more like Patton's, in that he also used the goofy vocal approach. I don't hear enough of a "blend" to really enjoy what I hear, as the focus on merely building sound on sound feels prehistoric in an infp-perceived way.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Then again, if one looks at the associations, he's remarkably ecstatic when mentioning the Melvins (whose singer I think is a more subdued entp)... but he seems all over the map.