• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Beatles?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
He's admitted in interviews that his brash and confrontational exterior was a cover because inside he was sensitive and easily wounded.

That's also true of numerous NTPs.

No it isn't true of ENTPs at all. ENTPs have some of the thickest skin of any type. They are not easily wounded. That is one way to tell an ENFP and ENTP apart. One is easily wounded while the other is not. One will get defensive (ENFP) while the other is just plain offensive (ENTP).

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
No it isn't true of ENTPs at all. ENTPs have some of the thickest skin of any type. They are not easily wounded. That is one way to tell an ENFP and ENTP apart. One is easily wounded while the other is not. One will get defensive (ENFP) while the other is just plain offensive (ENTP).

ENTPs have the thickest skin of any type? So Ne connects everything in the environment, Fe makes it difficult to ignore public opinion, and that equals a thick skin? Compared to Fs, maybe.

ENTPs are probably the most resilient because it's easy for us to recover and maintain perspective after a blow, but that doesn't mean the blow doesn't happen.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Umm I'm not sure if you actually believe that or just don't want to admit otherwise, but no, ENTPs are not nearly as outwardly confident as the image they project.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Don't be fooled by Lennon. He was Hella-Arrogant. Sorry to soil your opinion of him. Go read a book on him. The OP was right in typing him NT. I'm pretty sure he's an xNTJ.

Paul seems like an ESFP, Ringo an ISTJ maybe (I don't know a lot about him), and George an INFP.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ You've got Ringo and George backwards. George is a blatant INFJ; Ringo is very clearly ISFP.

I don't want to sound like a dick or anything, but I'm rather obsessed with the Beatles and have read a pretty extraordinary amount of information on them, as well as studying their songwriting technique and cultural influence in depth.

I've read a number of books and watched a shitload of interviews, and the following suggestions are all utterly ridiculous:

--John as a J
--Ringo as a J
--George as a P
--John as an F

If you know your typology and you're truly obsessed with the Beatles, none of the above are even remotely plausible.

(You could argue for John as INTP or Paul as ISFP, and though I still don't agree with those reads, they're at least somewhat plausible...the rest are just not.)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Paul - Artisan
John - Idealist
George - Rational
Ringo - Guardian

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
From the documentaries Ive seen on John he seemed very ENTJ to me.

He had these grand visions and he worked hard to accomplish them.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
^ You've got Ringo and George backwards. George is a blatant INFJ; Ringo is very clearly ISFP.

I don't want to sound like a dick or anything, but I'm rather obsessed with the Beatles and have read a pretty extraordinary amount of information on them, as well as studying their songwriting technique and cultural influence in depth.

I've read a number of books and watched a shitload of interviews, and the following suggestions are all utterly ridiculous:

--John as a J
--Ringo as a J
--George as a P
--John as an F

If you know your typology and you're truly obsessed with the Beatles, none of the above are even remotely plausible.

(You could argue for John as INTP or Paul as ISFP, and though I still don't agree with those reads, they're at least somewhat plausible...the rest are just not.)

I can't argue anything you said except the Lennon being an F. I honestly can't see it. He was an arrogant prick, which is my completely honest opinion, and he seemed way too motivated and edgy to be an F. You can't tell F or T through his music or his set of ideals. It boils down to the character that he was. You can have imaginative and visionary NTs. But you probably know more than I do, so I'll keep this my opinion. It shouldn't become an argument or anything..after all..who really knew him? No one at TypoC. So maybe we can agree to disagree.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

He has these grand visions and he works hard to accomplish them.

Not to mention his unwavering support (early on) for Harry Nilsson, an infp. Rarely do you hear about entps working with infps. More often I get entjs coming after me.

That's drawing a pretty hard line about George being a j. The guy didn't like to work, didn't care about order, touring, talking, getting up to shit, etc. I still think intp.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTPs have the thickest skin of any type? So Ne connects everything in the environment, Fe makes it difficult to ignore public opinion, and that equals a thick skin? Compared to Fs, maybe.

ENTPs are probably the most resilient because it's easy for us to recover and maintain perspective after a blow, but that doesn't mean the blow doesn't happen.

Yes this is exactly what I mean. ENTP's are not nearly as sensitive as F's (or IxTx types either), and on top of that they tend to recover pretty quickly from criticism or insult. John was admittedly sensitive and easily wounded. That doesn't fit the description of ENTP nearly as well as it fits ENFP.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

That's not particluarly the domain of the ENTJs. Plenty of ENxPs have worked hard and accomplished a lot too. In the early years it was John who was the leader of the band but Paul was equally forceful. John could be pretty lazy and it was always Paul that was getting everyone together to record or cheerleading for the next tour, etc. And by the time of Sgt. Pepper John had started to lose interest so Paul stepped forward to fill the power vacuum for the rest of the time the band was together.

Not to mention his unwavering support (early on) for Harry Nilsson, an infp. Rarely do you hear about entps working with infps.

Why not? Maybe they just liked each other's music. He worked with Bowie and Elton John too.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Oh my bad, I forgot only Js work hard and accomplish things. :doh:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
George is the only Beatle I like.

He was the only one that wasn't in it for his ego.

He was the only one who wasn't in it to make claims.

He was in for the music and what it represents.

Fuck Lennon. Fuck McCartney.

While the other three Beatles were sitting back smoking doobies and dropping acid realing in the big bucks, Harrison was over in India forming a real one on one connection with a high being; transcending the acid and weed and the money and the reputation.

Harrison was so high.

Fuck the rest.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
George is the only Beatle I like.

He was the only one that wasn't in it for his ego.

He was the only one who wasn't in it to make claims.

He was in for the music and what it represents.

Fuck Lennon. Fuck McCartney.

While the other three Beatles were sitting back smoking doobies and dropping acid realing in the big bucks, Harrison was over in India forming a real one on one connection with a high being; transcending the acid and weed and the money and the reputation.

Harrison was so high.

Fuck the rest.

All right this strikes me as trolling, first off...but in any event:

You are aware that McCartney recorded 90% of the lead guitar on Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band because George was too fucked up on acid to bother?

I'd say McCartney was the one with the fewest exterior motives...what else is ESFP going to be in it for?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
All right this strikes me as trolling, first off...but in any event:

You are aware that McCartney recorded 90% of the lead guitar on Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band because George was too fucked up on acid to bother?

I'd say McCartney was the one with the fewest exterior motives...what else is ESFP going to be in it for?

How is it trolling if I am display my honest perceptions and opinions?

You probably know more about the Beatles that I ever will, but as far as I have perceived them to this point, my judgments stand.

edit: Plus, I don't find any message behind Paul. He wasn't as real to me as George is.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How is it trolling if I am display my honest perceptions and opinions?

You probably know more about the Beatles that I ever will, but as far as I have perceived them to this point, my judgments stand.

edit: Plus, I don't find any message behind Paul. He wasn't as real to me as George is.

I dunno, maybe it wasn't trolling...it just sounded like a joke.

Anyway, Paul doesn't have a message--that's the point. He was in it purely because he enjoyed writing and performing music; he had no agenda beyond that and I think that's very respectable.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Paul: ESFP
John: ENTJ
George: INFP
Ringo: amusing (ENTP or ESTP are okay)

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
after watching the U.S vs John Lennon, i was convinced john lennon was ENTJ.
it's just the way he dragged people around on his mission, especially yoko. the way he seemed to be yelling when he was talking/debating which is an NTJ trait. plus, my eNTJ father is a huge fan of his music, who he was and what he stood for (reason, ingeniuity, independant though, etc).

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
yep, I'm pretty certain he is ENTJ too. I know an ENTJ well, and after watching Lennon for a while everything from his expressions and reactions to his style of silliness seem very similar to my friend.