• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Al Gore's type

developer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Now that Al Gore has won the Nobel prize, I just watched "An Inconvenient Truth" again, and it got me thinking. On the net, Gore is usually typed as ENTJ, but when you watch the movie, he comes across softer and more committed to his cause than you would expect from an ENTJ. So, maybe ENFJ might be another option - especially if you think of the rhethorical style (the benevolent pedagogue).

What do you think ?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Al Gore's type?

Idiot. :D

Oh...you meant personality type. :devil:

He is such a stoic that it's hard to tell. He invented the internet so maybe he is an INTP. ;)

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
After seeing the movie I kind of maybe thought ENFJ, but now I think he is ENTJ, although he is probably fairly well-rounded. Anyhow, I heard the Norwegian prime minister talk about how he was to work with. He said two main things, I can only remember the thing about how he was very well-informed, and always knew the facts. I interpreted that as his dominant Te at work.

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Now that Al Gore has won the Nobel prize, I just watched "An Inconvenient Truth" again, and it got me thinking. On the net, Gore is usually typed as ENTJ, but when you watch the movie, he comes across softer and more committed to his cause than you would expect from an ENTJ. So, maybe ENFJ might be another option - especially if you think of the rhethorical style (the benevolent pedagogue).

What do you think ?

An ENTJ will also be very committed to his cause, especially if he is an Enneagram 8, being committed is no sign of being an F. Also, if you look at his presidential campaign, do you really think he is an ENFJ, one of the best "people-person" types? He clearly seems like an intuitive thinker to me, for me it would be between ENTJ and ENTP, that he stuck with a single cause for so many decades indicates J, so likely ENTJ.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
:huh: I just watched him on Letterman and I don't see the E everyone apparently agrees on. I'm not sure of his type but I think he's an introvert.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm surprised they didn't award him a Nobel prize for inventing the internet. :huh:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm surprised they didn't award him a Nobel prize for inventing the internet. :huh:

I think he was exaggerating. I'm pretty sure he didn't invent it. I think it sprang up as a result of opening ARPANET and NSFNET resources to commercial networks, the TCP/IP protocol they created, and the HTTP protocol and HTML format. I've never heard of Al Gore contributing to any of this, and if he did, it was probably a minor role... perhaps he operated one of the backbone servers of the early Internet or something, but that's a far cry from "inventing" it.

Anyway... ISTJ? (Of course I'm not qualified to say that.)

EDIT: He didn't actually say that. But he did draft a bill called the "High-Performance Computing Act of 1991" as chairman of the Subcommittee on Science, Technology and Space. His actual claim was "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." So he contributed to the creation of the modern Internet, but he didn't actually develop the technology.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
My unscientific opinion is that he is an INFJ. He doesn't appear to be energized by extraversion. He is very deliberate and structured with his words. And he just 'feels' like an F to me. He has been developing his ideas about the environment for a very long time, since he was a college student. That seems very Ni to me... finally, he reminds my of my husband. Appears to have many of the same quirks and traits. Including the outward social "stiffness" or formality as I like to call it.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ

What do you think ?

:rofl: Definitely not an "NF"!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've always typed him as INTP regardless of what the "type" pages say. He is obviously very intelligent and quite a deliberate and dominant thinker. At the same time his delivery is so dry that I can only imagine him as INTP.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What is Al Gore's type? - INTP Central

INTP.

He is abstract.

He is clearly internally focused and appears to be a precise thinker. Also seems that the intellect preceeds intuition for him, therefore more likely to be a Ti-Ne rather than Ni-Te. We could tell that Thinking is his dominant function because of his ability to communicate his thoughts directly and clearly without first processing external information thoroughly. More likely an Introverted Thinker than an Extroverted Thinker because his communication style is more informative rather than directive. And by his nature he seems to be inclined more towards contemplation rather than action. Whatever actions he seems to engage in is an entailment of his thinking, and almost all of it seems to be very carefully thought out.

He resembles an NP with his presentation style. Unlike a J he seems very fluid and likely would be successful at impromptu presentations.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What is Al Gore's type? - INTP Central

INTP.

He is abstract.

He is clearly internally focused and appears to be a precise thinker. Also seems that the intellect preceeds intuition for him, therefore more likely to be a Ti-Ne rather than Ni-Te. We could tell that Thinking is his dominant function because of his ability to communicate his thoughts directly and clearly without first processing external information thoroughly. More likely an Introverted Thinker than an Extroverted Thinker because his communication style is more informative rather than directive. And by his nature he seems to be inclined more towards contemplation rather than action. Whatever actions he seems to engage in is an entailment of his thinking, and almost all of it seems to be very carefully thought out.

He resembles an NP with his presentation style. Unlike a J he seems very fluid and likely would be successful at impromptu presentations.

Are you sure? He didn't seem intelligent or abstract. I still think ISTx, but I don't see any N. He just seemed focused on reiterating typical perspectives on various issues, if I recall correctly. I remember most his lack of imagination and originality. Do you really relate to him that much?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The reason to think that he is Intuitive is because he is able to understand mutliple perspectives quickly and easily as well as interact with them. Such a quality is closest in tune with Extroverted Intuition.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The reason to think that he is Intuitive is because he is able to understand mutliple perspectives quickly and easily as well as interact with them. Such a quality is closest in tune with Extroverted Intuition.

It's just that he doesn't seem quite as intelligent or to have put as much thought into things as most of the other INTP's I've encountered on these forums... he seems to have a social bent, worried about people's well-being. I wonder, if you're going to go this route... could he be an INFP? He was kind of sensitive about losing the election, and had trouble accepting it.

FreedomofSpeech

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT

What do you think ?

Fucking brilliant man. I think he's definitely an ESTJ!

*GASP!*

YES!

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's just that he doesn't seem quite as intelligent or to have put as much thought into things as most of the other INTP's I've encountered on these forums... he seems to have a social bent, worried about people's well-being. I wonder, if you're going to go this route... could he be an INFP? He was kind of sensitive about losing the election, and had trouble accepting it.

As a politician, he is not in the position to share his most abstract thoughts with the general audience. However, he did show many tendencies towards being naturally at ease with such activities. His sensitivity was exaggerated by the Media and his own self-presentation as it was clear that this would make him seem more charismatic. As well as it also is the case that in his age, the forties is when INTPs focus on their inferior function. Acting 'sensitively' was not an end in itself for him as it would have been for a Feeler, but he rather used that to further his impersonal goals. We notice that this has served him well as he has succeeded in his global warming campaign.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
We notice that this has served him well as he has succeeded in his global warming campaign.

But isn't being concerned about global warming a Feeling perspective? I mean, it seems to be based on a concern/compassion for human life. That isn't very impersonal. Also, since he doesn't care how it makes him look (An Inconvenient truth, the inconvenience of which apparently doesn't bother him), that hints that it's Fi > Fe... so that still means INFP or ISTJ.

FreedomofSpeech

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Show some more thought! This is a serious matter. ;)

I was being serious. The man knows what he's doing. I don't think he's an N however because he tends to be very practically minded and more effective in terms of strategy. N/s tend to less organized and absent-minded. Not Gore