• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gordon Ramsay

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I love Gordon Ramsay. :wubbie:

I was watching the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares (US version is Wednesdays at 9:00 pm on Fox) last night and I really can't put my finger on his type. I would say he is ENTJ who can also be compassionate.

Here he is :)
gordon-ramsay.jpg

Gordon Ramsay Home Page - Fine Dining in London

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I heart Gordon. The UK version of that show is the better one, by far. Hell's Kitchen is also entertaining.

If I had to guess as to type I would say ExTJ.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm confused about his type, too.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Huh-huh... compassionate? I understand.

Hey there is a time and place for everything. If I was an owner of a restaurant that was sinking and I was about to lose the clothes off my back I would welcome him with open arms.

From Wiki-
Charity work

Ramsay has been involved in a series of charitable events and organisations. Ramsay has run the London Marathon in 2004, 2005 and 2007 to support Tommy's, the baby charity. Ramsay completed his third London Marathon on 22 April 2007 in 4 hrs 36 minutes 10 secs (3:46:10 in 2006).[42] In 2004, He and his wife, Tana, raised £14,000. Ramsay commented: "I'm proud to have run the Marathon for Tommy's, the baby charity - their cause is one very close to my heart, especially as my own twins were born three weeks prematurely in 1999".[1] He aims to complete ten marathons in consecutive years.

During March 2005 Ramsay teamed up with Indian chef Madhur Jaffrey to help the VSO, an international development charity group to support its Spice Up Your Life event. The charity hoped to raise £100,000 for VSO’s work in HIV and AIDS in India.[2] The Ramsays were the first couple to become ambassadors for the women's charity Women's Aid in 2005. The couple ran the Flora Families marathon [3] to support Women's Aid.[4]

The Gordon Ramsay "Buy a Brick" appeal launched in September 2004 helped the Scottish Spina Bifida Association build a new Family Support Centre and Head Office in Glasgow. In November 2007 Ramsay will host a St Andrew's Day Gala Dinner at Stirling Castle in aid of the Association.

Ramsay married Cayetana Elizabeth Hutcheson (known as Tana), a Montessori-trained schoolteacher, in 1996. The couple have four children: Megan, twins Jack and Holly, and Matilda. Ramsay's father-in-law, Chris Hutcheson, is responsible for the business operations of Ramsay's restaurant empire.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hey there is a time and place for everything. If I was an owner of a restaurant that was sinking and I was about to lose the clothes off my back I would welcome him with open arms.

No problem.

darkmoon

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sorry to revive an oldish thread but just wanted to add I think ENTJ too. Or if not then ESTJ.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Gordon is probably ENTJ (at least definitely ExTJ)!
He really cannot be F. He is too blunt to be F.

I think he is hilarious.:smile:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I'd imagine much of his bravado is inflated as to attract ratings.

He seems an ENTJ.

Healthy ENTJs can be quite compassionate.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Why ENTJ and not ESTJ?

He seems to develop opinions on the basis of an internal keep (Ni) v. strict adherence to the details and facts of his environment.

As the level of culinary professionalism is likely quite high, it seems less about legitimate quality of product v. aesthetic appeal and/or catering towards a wider stream of possibility (grooming talent; networking; etc.).

While the ESTJ is perfectly capable of the latter arrangement, I daresay the ENTJ is likely to be more interested in establishing innovative adaptations to existing theory.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
He seems to develop opinions on the basis of an internal keep (Ni) v. strict adherence to the details and facts of his environment.
One hundred percent yes!
As the level of culinary professionalism is likely quite high, it seems less about legitimate quality of product v. aesthetic appeal and/or catering towards a wider stream of possibility (grooming talent; networking; etc.).
Is quite high and I would say his focus the end result without cutting too many corners to reach it. A sensor imo doesn't have the ability to reach that far ahead.
While the ESTJ is perfectly capable of the latter arrangement, I daresay the ENTJ is likely to be more interested in establishing innovative adaptations to existing theory.
Yup.

darkmoon

MBTI Type
INTJ

Can you think of an example? ESTJ and ENTJ descriptions seem quite similar except when I read them ENTJ sounds more like him (and I can relate to it better of course!)

As the level of culinary professionalism is likely quite high...

Ah, that might be an understatement....

milti girl

MBTI Type
INFP
I think I would hate him if I met him in his restaurant! But he's a sweet, fun-loving guy when he isn't talking about the restaurant. I think he is ENTJ too - these ENxJs certainly know how to make successful careers :shock:

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
ESFJ surely.

When he was training under Marco P White he had a tough time as is the Chef industry. He came across as being quite sensitive. The industry toughened him up. I know an ESFJ that is almost exactly like him.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm willing to bet NJ over SJ. His focus on improvement and especially his focus on improving existing employees seems to be VERY Ni to me.

I usually watch the BBC version over the American version & he seems to be a lot more compassionate in that version. I also notice that in the American version, the restaurant owners/staff tend seem a lot less appreciative and a lot more abrasive than the majority of the BBC episodes thus causing him to act accordingly.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was an ENFJ over an ENTJ, as I really do feel as though I see Fe+Ni working together as I watch him develop and improve employees of the resturant. I see him using the development of employees as the tool in the overall success of the resturant - I think an ENTJ may go about things in an opposite way & not be as people centered.

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
The UK version of that show is the better one, by far.

Couldn't agree more, the US version was a caricature of the UK one.

When I saw the topic I thought ENTJ and everyone seems to agree. I don't understand why so many of you doubt his N though.