User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Thread: Gordon Ramsay

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

ESTJ. He's just doing what ESTJs do - showing people how to do things the right way. Most people are improperly scrambling their eggs and don't even know it.
    Someone should do a movie about Joe Biden's hands. See the world from the perspective of Creepy Joe's hands.

Fuck the right way.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

ENTP.

Extrovert for sure. His extroverted process seems to be primarily intuition - very quick witted, funny, flexible, likes new situations. Excited by possibilities. His introvert process is probably mostly thinking. His internal world is full of experiential data - recipes, flavours, observations, facts. Has no problem being objective.

His third and fourth processes are also strong tho, which make him a little confusing, type wise. He has quite strong extraverted feeling, in that he can be charming and enthusiastic and generally a good teacher. It depends on the setting tho. As head chef he often lets this go. But when he turns it on he can be very persuasive and charismatic.

His introverted sensing is obviously strong - hes constantly acquiring and interpreting sense data. Storing it.

This all leads me to believe an ENTP, but a fairly balanced one.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ISFj Fi

I see him as an ESTJ for sure, although it seems like almost too perfect of a match. He really fits the stereotype.

Ooh, I'm not really interested in celebrity typing in general, but I thought about this recently in fascination of Ramsay's cooking shows.

I think ESTJ, E is obvious, high energy, quick-acting, etc. His attention to detail and surroundings are very S in general, he displays general S traits and not much of the specifics of Se/Si simply because most we see him in are controlled environments in which a certain standard of performance is expected, but he definitely seems to go about it in a detail, sensing-oriented fashion that I would give him S over N.

I am inclined to giving him Te-dom simply because of the very methodical, step-by-step way he describes things- they are clear and things anyone can understand. I don't see him doing that 'subjective jugement' / 'personal logical structure' I see Ti do, he doesn't go off on strange tangents of personal impressions/takeaways from anything (that I know if), what he learns and dispenses seems very 'standardized' and structured, 'down the dot' in a way Je/Te is.

I'd give him E6 or E8, inclined to E8 actually because of how grounded and 'confident in his own realm' he seems. He lacks that anxiety / self-doubt I see E6s do, and when mentoring others gives off really E8, 'taking you under my wing' vibes. He seems to be more of a 'I stand alone in my beliefs, I am an island' man than a 'I fight for a common group/cause' that 6 can be- but this is just impressions- enneagram is about inner, core motivations, and this is as much as I can glean from videos alone, so E8 it is. Of course, there is that 'unapologetically takes up space' thing E8 as a gut type does- but E6s can also do this so I wouldn't consider it as defining or telling necessarily, of E8 over E6.

I'd give him sp/so or so/sp, inclined towards sp first due to his hobby / job literally being a huge sp feature (food) as well as him being very grounded and 'in his body, in his space' rather than more 'for the audience' I would expect to see in soc dom. soc second instead of sx, because of his shows- he seeks to teach and influence and inspire others on a bigger scale, he talks to an audience, (which is pretty soc), he has a passion for cooking and if you watch anything other than Hell's Kitchen you can see his soc motivations at work (as well as the soc things he says- I cannot remember anything specific now, but it's there)- but his passions does not seem to characterize him / does not seem to be what he identifies as like I see sx does / can do.

Of course, this is all purely based off the cooking shows he has online.
    全世界共通の快楽
    Likes tommyc liked this post

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ixaerus View Post
    Ooh, I'm not really interested in celebrity typing in general, but I thought about this recently in fascination of Ramsay's cooking shows.

I think ESTJ, E is obvious, high energy, quick-acting, etc. His attention to detail and surroundings are very S in general, he displays general S traits and not much of the specifics of Se/Si simply because most we see him in are controlled environments in which a certain standard of performance is expected, but he definitely seems to go about it in a detail, sensing-oriented fashion that I would give him S over N.

I am inclined to giving him Te-dom simply because of the very methodical, step-by-step way he describes things- they are clear and things anyone can understand. I don't see him doing that 'subjective jugement' / 'personal logical structure' I see Ti do, he doesn't go off on strange tangents of personal impressions/takeaways from anything (that I know if), what he learns and dispenses seems very 'standardized' and structured, 'down the dot' in a way Je/Te is.

I'd give him E6 or E8, inclined to E8 actually because of how grounded and 'confident in his own realm' he seems. He lacks that anxiety / self-doubt I see E6s do, and when mentoring others gives off really E8, 'taking you under my wing' vibes. He seems to be more of a 'I stand alone in my beliefs, I am an island' man than a 'I fight for a common group/cause' that 6 can be- but this is just impressions- enneagram is about inner, core motivations, and this is as much as I can glean from videos alone, so E8 it is. Of course, there is that 'unapologetically takes up space' thing E8 as a gut type does- but E6s can also do this so I wouldn't consider it as defining or telling necessarily, of E8 over E6.

I'd give him sp/so or so/sp, inclined towards sp first due to his hobby / job literally being a huge sp feature (food) as well as him being very grounded and 'in his body, in his space' rather than more 'for the audience' I would expect to see in soc dom. soc second instead of sx, because of his shows- he seeks to teach and influence and inspire others on a bigger scale, he talks to an audience, (which is pretty soc), he has a passion for cooking and if you watch anything other than Hell's Kitchen you can see his soc motivations at work (as well as the soc things he says- I cannot remember anything specific now, but it's there)- but his passions does not seem to characterize him / does not seem to be what he identifies as like I see sx does / can do.

Of course, this is all purely based off the cooking shows he has online.
    The only problem is that he is very intense and you can feel the intensity of ramsay so si ne would be out of the question. Also he is sx so or vice versa. And i think he is a sensor more than an intuitive because he is very anal on how the food is cook. so that leaves an sp of some sort.
    Do as you please we are as gods

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

I agree with ESTJ.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

LSE-Te 3w2 so/sp

3w2 so/sp is right. Ramsay's core feature is arrogance, which in so/sp 3w2 is projected out into the social space more brazenly (like Muhammad Ali) than it is with sp/so 3w2. This fits with the cocky, self-confident and self-promoting character type of enneagram 3. He's also super competitive. Although LSE is a conscientious type, Ramsay is much too comfortable with being bad for a 1w2. He doesn't have a stick up his ass like Dr. Phil does (LSE-Si 1w2 sp/so).

Ramsay's cognition revolves entirely around external order/functionality (Te-dom). Ramsay's problem-solving strengths occur in identifying hazards in the areas of behavior, timing, work, pace, action..."You're supposed to be doing this" "this needs to be coming out faster" "this food is rotten."...all Te-lead stuff. Ramsay has a cognition for the obvious, practical stuff that the others are too impractical or undisciplined to spot or care about.

In contrast to LIE, it's clear that Ramsay's vulnerable function is Ni. That's what makes him so outwardly productive and practical in the external world. Ni is a rich, highly nuanced, detailed inner world that makes the outer world look like a needless distraction (or even somewhat non-existent). ]The flip side is that when Ni is in the vulnerable function, this type of existence all gets flipped on its head and what you get is a highly practical, hyper-productive, in-your-face, Type A personality workhorse (i.e. Gordon Ramsay). He's a classic case of an overbearing LSE-Te.

In contrast to LSI, Ramsay is like a big sloppy dog. he craves attention and loves for nothing more than to share his knowledge....his transparency is kinesthetic and he is always spilling the beans. There's no filter. He has no filter, there is no intermediary between him and the environment that thinks before taking action.

In contrast to SLE, Ramsey's machismo is compensatory posturing. He has no itch for the jugular in confrontation....although he engages in oneupsmanship, he always leaves an open door. The LSE battle of oneupsmanship lacks a willingness to play the brutal power card in order to prevail. SLEs are constantly scratching their itch for the jugular in such conflicts even if it means permanently closing a door...and it doesn't matter who against. LSEs (unless all is lost) typically leave an open door. Thus, they don't display that itch for the jugular, unless they have hit rock bottom.

Ramsay's practicality ties into his Ti-ignoring because it gives him a general criteria by which any restaurant can improve its performance. Because he has a general criteria, he can move fast upon entering a new restaurant and make quick decisions. Ti-ignoring means that he doesn't have to get bogged down in collecting data about the restaurants he's improving (it would be a boring show in terms of placating the short-attention spans consumers have). He doesn't need Ti because Te-lead values common sense. Good old fashioned common sense trumps a more scientific approach for Te/Si cognition such as Ramsay's.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.

Quote Originally Posted by draon9 View Post
    The only problem is that he is very intense and you can feel the intensity of ramsay so si ne would be out of the question. Also he is sx so or vice versa. And i think he is a sensor more than an intuitive because he is very anal on how the food is cook. so that leaves an sp of some sort.
    The moment I read intensity =/= Si I stopped reading.
    全世界共通の快楽

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

ESTJ-LSE-8sx