• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gordon Ramsay

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
T of course!

Controlling ones emotions has nothing to do with T or F.

It has to do with neuroticism, which isn't correlated with MBTI.

Hmm, that's interesting. I know a few people who are like this, I guess they are T's.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP

E - defo extrovert....
N creative/inventive/worked hard to really learn the basics...
T - just don't see him as a feeler type - it's burried, he is increaibly emotional about his bro who is a heroine addict.... His father was particularly abusive so I suspect he T's up
P - I'd be flexible on, he appears not to be overly structured...

In a weird way he really reminds me of me.. OK this is not a good thing

PS he is very caring but demanding of people to put their all in within the work place... but he goes the distance for his team

No way!

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
My brother and I just watched all the seasons and we both get ENTJ from him.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
ESTJ.

Initially, I thought ENTJ. But then I saw a show he was on where he was learning how to cook from natives of Malaysia and he kept pestering the woman about measurements of ingredients, which is a sensor thing to do. At least in my experience, I have noticed tat sensors seem to measure ingredients out in recipes and intuitives seem to not care about that as much.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJ 6w7 Sp/Sx

deleted
A very atypical ExTJ, because they're really not that chaotic and terrifying, but I love Ramsay anyway. I tend to see a number of Te primaries coming across socially introverted and testing that way too, which is why I'm fairly certain he's a strong E.

^ A good chef who's a P? Being a chef is all about being a J.

I dissagree, different cheifs have different strengths, a good process manager is a J a good creator is a P... it all comes down to what dominates.

A omplet cheif who is happy is likely to be a J type.... a creative type who dreams up new ways to present new food... P....

Pshh. I don't know about that. Probably the fact that he's Te primary makes him a decent leader, but I don't think creativity is so related to P.

I had a dream once about being in Chef Ramsay's kitchen and being timed to make my creative dish, but my inferior Se could not keep up with any of the other people, and working as fast as I could I inevitably went behind schedule (I'm usually a slow, thoughtful worker and keep to myself.) As much as I like the idea behind being a teacher/leader and thinking up schemes, I don't think I could do his job. I somehow doubt it's J-related, but you probably need to be extroverted most of all, and not even all extroverted types are great communicators.

The guy has absolutely no problem making anyone around him feel like shit.

Yes, definitely inferior feeling. He's a pretty cool and caring guy, he just sucks at showing it when he's in hyperactive E mode.

Last edited:

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i liked it went he told the girl who came up to
complain about the service to get her tits off
the serving counter.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with the ExTx read. However, I see nothing that is dominantly N, so that one is unclear. I guess i lean more J on him, but the thing is that he can be remarkably relaxed and casual in environments outside the kitchen, so he's kind of a hard read there.

I do like the way he might seem to play along with things, but he's really very on top of what's happening with the group on Hell's Kitchen, for example. Last season, he didn't seem very sympathetic about Elise, in regards to her relationship to the rest of her teammates, but once he actually lets himself speak overtly on the matter, he was dead-on.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Id say ESTJ.

I dont really see P as he always has to be in control. i dont see F because well, he just isnt the Fe material. definitely E, as he is so interested about external world and wants to control it sooo much -> Te dom. he always wants things to be in certain way, always need perfection on what is, and this aspect of him drives his need to control with Te = Si aux.
"food is supposed to be done in certain way because its perfect that way and anything that isnt like this is wrong and crap and ill yell at you till you retard know how to do it right"

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A very atypical ExTJ, because they're really not that chaotic and terrifying, but I love Ramsay anyway. I tend to see a number of Te primaries coming across socially introverted and testing that way too, which is why I'm fairly certain he's a strong E.

Pshh. I don't know about that. Probably the fact that he's Te primary makes him a decent leader, but I don't think creativity is so related to P.

I had a dream once about being in Chef Ramsay's kitchen and being timed to make my creative dish, but my inferior Se could not keep up with any of the other people, and working as fast as I could I inevitably went behind schedule. As much as I like the idea behind being a teacher/leader and thinking up schemes, I don't think I could do his job. I somehow doubt it's J-related, but you probably need to be extroverted most of all, and not even all extroverted types are great communicators.

Yes, definitely inferior feeling. He's a pretty cool and caring guy, he just sucks at showing it when he's in hyperactive E mode.
Oh rather embarrassing. You brought back up an old thread in which I lacked as much restraint. Yes, I agree, Gordon Ramsay is certainly one of those who dislikes lack of competence from other individuals. It's goes against his lived mindset and so Te works best with the individual.

When it comes to the adherence of teaching or leading one could say a P would thoroughly explore most areas of certain processes whereas a J would be steadfast and continue to progress with the course without giving time to explore the side-wing details. Which is certainly why Gordon wouldn't be a P with his style.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes, I notice a big difference with him out of the context of the kitchen. Even on Hell's Kitchen or in the private moments with people on his other shows, his demeanor seems much more sweet. I also noticed a big change when he's had his family on one of his shows; watching him in the kitchen, I was like, "OMG, the poor kids," because I could imagine him being an abusive dictator; but his demeanor was entirely different when he was with them and his wife, even if they were playing competitive games, etc.

It's kind of like outside of the situations where competence is highly prized and his professional reputation is at stake, he is able to drop into a feeling mode and show warmth and familiarity and affection; the change is very demarcated and noticeable.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ
And i think he is a big fat hairy arse.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

I had a dream once about being in Chef Ramsay's kitchen and being timed to make my creative dish, but my inferior Se could not keep up with any of the other people, and working as fast as I could I inevitably went behind schedule (I'm usually a slow, thoughtful worker and keep to myself.) As much as I like the idea behind being a teacher/leader and thinking up schemes, I don't think I could do his job. I somehow doubt it's J-related, but you probably need to be extroverted most of all, and not even all extroverted types are great communicators.

I'd agree to an extent that J type can be creative, but P types are typically more comfortable with the whole blank pieces of paper. J types typically like boundaries, schedules and knowing the next step, the same things can tick a P type off. More extreme creative (Ad creative, design etc) are p types in my experience.

I once did an away day at work, it was a very J type orgaisation. Out of 35 people only 2 were P types, we did a thing where the J were asked to go dream something up and the P were asked. Our list was a bubble chart, kind of chaotic but much longer and wider than the 33 others had created... there list was bulleted, tidy and notated.... for what its worth both of us were kind of scruff in-comparison to the more groomed look. OK this is anicotal, but it works for me...

I'm pretty sure GR is an ENTP... As for your dream.. the nightmare of a J type to be put under pressure and failing to deliver. P types can be 11th hour types, doesn't mean they get result sometimes they screw up because they haven't timed properly. or are tardy with everything.

I agree actually Ramsey is not about making people feel like shit, he is about the discipline of service. any decent head chief is a bit grizzely... His staff are suppose to be very loyal to him, in part because he is a genuis. I have to say the guys a god in my book....

Try making scrambelled egg Ala Ramsey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_B3QNu_Ks

They just taste different and super yum,

Bon Appitie

milti girl

MBTI Type
INFP
I would guess ENTP or ENTJ. I watched the his getaway to India series and I knew he was one of those really adventurous types who wants to learn their trade so bad and be so good at it he'll stop at nothing. He has a competitive streak in him ("I will go to any lengths" thing which makes him seem more J than P to me, but I don't know... He certainly appreciates someone who can bend the rules enough to infuse something new into a dish... So that one's tricky.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
You people must be really bad at typing if you think he's in any way, shape, or form an ENTP. The guy is a detail-oriented, bossy as fuck micromanager that yells at people all day long. He's a paragon of practical thinking.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You people must be really bad at typing if you think he's in any way, shape, or form an ENTP. The guy is a detail-oriented, bossy as fuck micromanager that yells at people all day long. He's a paragon of practical thinking.

isfj?