• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inglourious Basterds

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
And about von Hammersmark, I've been thinking about it, and wouldn't she be more of an SP? She seems like the archetype of the performer (ESFP, ESTP), not a quiet ISFJ. And the part when the veterinarian was "pulling the slug out her gam" showed her to be quite calm and capable of persuasion under great stress. Not sure what that says, but I'm thinking that it's pointing away from ISFJ. She didn't seem sensitive at all like you'd think an ISFJ would be, she seemed purely manipulative.

As for Landa (and this is unrelated to what you were saying in your recent posts, Jock), I am almost sure he's not an Fe dom. Way, way too Te for that. He's an inspector for chrissakes!

I can see a performer role for her too. Originally had ISFP but you mentioned Fe and I could see it. She seemed wonderful socially, and simply magnetic to those around her and made everyone feel very welcomed, etc, however it could have been her act. You are correct that when she was not "performing" her demeanor was very different, but I didn't see anything terribly specific other than just being frustrated and in pain.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I can see a performer role for her too. Originally had ISFP but you mentioned Fe and I could see it. She seemed wonderful socially, and simply magnetic to those around her and made everyone feel very welcomed, etc, however it could have been her act. You are correct that when she was not "performing" her demeanor was very different, but I didn't see anything terribly specific other than just being frustrated and in pain.

I meant that the fact that she was able to maintain cognitive control under stressful conditions instead of becoming hysterical says something about her personality. What it says, I don't know. But you're right, we have very, very little information to go off of.

deleted
Aldo Raine "Aldo the Apache"- ESTJ
Donny Donowitz "The Bear Jew"- ESFP
Hugo Stiglitz- ISTJ
Corporal Wilhelm Wicki- ISF_
Smithson Utivich "The Little Man"- ISF_
Shosanna Dreyfus- INFP
Marcel- ISTJ
Bridget von Hammersmark- ENFJ?
Hans Landa "The Jew Hunter"- ENFJ
Fredrick Zoller- INFJ?

Anyways I loved this movie. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. What do you guys think?

nice

I think Tarantino definately has some talent - but being an ENTP cokehead, his films' writing can be half assed and bipolar.

Quentin Tarantino is an ESTP by the way.

VagrantFarce

Quentin Tarantino is an ESTP by the way.

He's a physically clumsy, nerdy motormouth with an encyclopedic knowledge of film; if he's anything, he is not an Se. :) If you want some examples of a dominant Se type, look at people like Mickey Rourke or Mark Wahlberg.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Seriously, have you seen the way Tarantino dresses...?

Pure NT.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aldo Raine "Aldo the Apache"- ESTJ
Donny Donowitz "The Bear Jew"- ESFP
Hugo Stiglitz- ISTJ
Corporal Wilhelm Wicki- ISF_
Smithson Utivich "The Little Man"- ISF_
Shosanna Dreyfus- INFP
Marcel- ISTJ
Bridget von Hammersmark- ENFJ?
Hans Landa "The Jew Hunter"- ENFJ
Fredrick Zoller- INFJ?

Anyways I loved this movie. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. What do you guys think?

aldo - estp
stiglitz - istj
the bear - esfp
little man - isfj
shosanna - intj (considering isfp- they have the same functions)
bridget - enfj
jew hunter - entj
zoller - esfj

deleted
He's a physically clumsy, nerdy motormouth with an encyclopedic knowledge of film; if he's anything, he is not an Se. :)

Right, now we're just using stereotypes, not looking at what the functions do, or the variant of sensors. Physical clumsiness is one of the least critical factors of typing, and a gut dismissal of mine to assume it an important directive factor.

If you want some examples of a dominant Se type, look at people like Mickey Rourke or Mark Wahlberg.

Wahlberg is an introvert.

Seriously, have you seen the way Tarantino dresses...?

Pure NT.

This is even less type-related than anything.

VagrantFarce

Right, now we're just using stereotypes, not looking at what the functions do, or the variant of sensors. Physical clumsiness is one of the least critical factors of typing, and a gut dismissal of mine to assume it an important directive factor.

A physically clumsy dominant-Se? Sir, they just don't exist. ;) But hey, you're the one who said he's ESTP without backing it up, so don't go blaming me for dismissing what you think when you did it first without even offering a rationale. :devil: And it's ok to talk about stereotypes when the person we're talking about embodies that stereotype (and certainly when we're discussing that person within the confines of a system that describes and categorises people based on those stereotypical characteristics). :)

Besides, the encyclopedic knowledge of pointless film trivia points to Si rather than Se imo. And regardless, just watch an interview with him, the dude simply can't stop jumping from one idea to another (and he also seems pre-occupied with his "genius", whereas an ESTP would be more likely to care how he looks and how he makes a physical impact on other people).

There are only three things I can think of that might point him toward being a dominant-Se; every now and then he speaks very loudly (sometimes too loudly, which is indicative that he isn't that physically aware), he's a show-off (which can easily just be tertiary Fe) and that he hangs out with a few Sensors (Eli Roth, Robert Rodriguez etc.).

deleted
I would just never assume him to be Ne, and I really dislike your stereotypes about Se types and how you make weak and relatively incorrect correlations. You're giving too much credit to a few details especially and not really seeing him in the spectrum of this personality system, and how functions are traditionally defined. Compare and contrast his speech and temperament to Michael Moore, in this field of film direction. That is a clear comparative example of ESTP vs ENTP. You can also compare him to Jim Carrey, who is also an ESTP, and who is a professional comedian/actor known for his crazy goofiness. As an ESTP performer, one will certainly be known more for sensory or physically involving forms of entertainment, that do not disclude one from partaking in any sort of conceptual reference or philosophy. However you can still grasp the big picture of Se and the ESTP type from these comparisons, that which I feel you should refine.

Last edited:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
You've still not offered any arguments for any of those actors. All you've done is declare their types and tell us to compare to confirm your declaration. That is circular. Now this time, without any of your BS posturing, why do you think he is ESTP?

deleted
(and he also seems pre-occupied with his "genius", whereas an ESTP would be more likely to care how he looks and how he makes a physical impact on other people).

Something like this, you will never hear me say with confidence, because it is erroneous and overly limiting to a personality.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Lol, I can't tell whether polikujm is being serious or trolling.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Because only an Ne dom could think of somthing as nutbustingly awsome as a gun that straps to your hand so you shoot a guy in the face WHILE punching him in the face.

Fist Gun = Ne

Its math therfore its right.

VagrantFarce

grossman.png

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Because only an Ne dom could think of somthing as nutbustingly awsome as a gun that straps to your hand so you shoot a guy in the face WHILE punching him in the face.

Fist Gun = Ne

yo-dawg-functions.jpg

R

Riva

Hans Landa- ENTP. His ability to manipulate and his expressiveness screams strong use of Fe, in my opinion. As previously mentioned, Js aren't the only ones who can scheme :D

Hans Landa is a psychopath.

Psychopathy is a personality disorder whose hallmark is a lack of empathy. Researcher Robert Hare, whose Hare Psychopathy Checklist is widely used, describes psychopaths as "intraspecies predators who use charisma, manipulation, intimidation, sexual intercourse and violence to control others and to satisfy their own needs. Lacking in conscience and empathy, they take what they want and do as they please, violating social norms and expectations without guilt or remorse"

Read through the whole page. There are more psychopaths in this world than people believe.

----------------------------------------

He is not an ENTP. He has simply chosen a character for himself that will suit his intentions the best. Psychopaths do that quit well it seems. And the character he has chosen is somewhat similar to that of an ENTP.

VagrantFarce

Hans Landa is a psychopath.

Read through the whole page. There are more psychopaths in this world than people believe.

----------------------------------------

He is not an ENTP. He has simply chosen a character for himself that will suit his intentions the best. Psychopaths do that quit well it seems. And the character he has chosen is somewhat similar to that of an ENTP.

He's opportunistic and amoral, not a psychopath. :) Stiglitz, Raine, Donny...they're the psychopaths!

[edit]I read that psycopath description again, and it mentions charisma, manipulation, intimidation...could easily be Tertiary-Fe. I also like the idea that Hans Landa is Tarantino's stand-in for the film, who's a clear ExTP.

[youtube=2qAVAHI_3ak]Breaking Character[/youtube]