• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inglourious Basterds

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aldo Raine "Aldo the Apache"- ESTJ
Donny Donowitz "The Bear Jew"- ESFP
Hugo Stiglitz- ISTJ
Corporal Wilhelm Wicki- ISF_
Smithson Utivich "The Little Man"- ISF_
Shosanna Dreyfus- INFP
Marcel- ISTJ
Bridget von Hammersmark- ENFJ?
Hans Landa "The Jew Hunter"- ENFJ
Fredrick Zoller- INFJ?

Anyways I loved this movie. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. What do you guys think?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Unusually high percentage of sensors in your typing.

You must not be able to type fictional characters accurately.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't too sure of the ISFs, I didn't really think of them too much or recognize much in them (they were pretty minor IMO). And I'd say I'm pretty good at typing fictional characters, but I don't feel like debating that (this is just one analysis I've done out of plenty of movies). If you have any other suggestions then post them.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Oh just to make sure, I was joshing you.

I'm going to see it this weekend so I have no clue. I'll be on look out for all those crazy ENFJs.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah okay. Lol, now I see the irony in your statement.

You will be satisfied. It's a Quentin Tarantino movie, so brace yourself. There is a good bit of blatant gore in it, but that just adds to the shock value of the movie (which was an excellent factor of the movie). When it got later in the movie my heart was POUNDING.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Inglorious Basterds: Lt Aldo: ESTP, Shoshanna (the Jewish Chick): INTJ, Hans Landa: ENTJ (sadistic and friendly at the same time with a great sense of humor, an archtypical ENTJ characteristic), Joseph Goebells: ENTP, Bridgett van H.: INTJ?, Hugo Stigletz: ISTP, the Bear Jew: ENFJ, german soldier (the one in "Nation's Pride"):ESFJ

Aldo: ESTP
Shoshanna:ISFP [no idea where you get INTJ from. Other types are capable of planning revenge you know!]
Hans Landa: ENTJ [Superb character. Owned every scene. I loved him.]
Dr. Goebells: Not really sure. Wasn't on screen much, and I know very little of him outside of his thoughts and position. If I had to guess, an ESxJ of some sort.
Bridget von Hammersmark: ISFJ [I LOVE Diane Kruger :wubbie: ]
Hugo Stigletz: ISTP [Loved his expressions during the bar scene.]
Frederick Zoller: ExFJ

I liked this movie a lot, first Tarantino film I've ever really enjoyed. I am not really certain of a bunch of these, just the vibes and impressions I got.

Last edited:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
The thing with Tarantino is that his non-ENTP characters eventually go into an ENTP diatribe speaking mode. Like that film actress spy when she was in the veterinarian's office.

I think Tarantino definately has some talent - but being an ENTP cokehead, his films' writing can be half assed and bipolar.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The thing with Tarantino is that his non-ENTP characters eventually go into an ENTP diatribe speaking mode. Like that film actress spy when she was in the veterinarian's office.

I think Tarantino definately has some talent - but being an ENTP cokehead, his films' writing can be half assed and bipolar.

Incredibly harsh, yet true. Wouldn't expect any less of an NT. :)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Shosanna Dreyfus- INFP

Shoshanna:ISFJ [no idea where you get INTJ from. Other types are capable of planning revenge you know!]

INFP, INTJ, ISFJ...covers a good bit of the territory for only three responses. I don't particularly see F, so if she is, it must be of the introverted sort. Definitely I, but you guys said that basically. Seems more J to me. As to S or N, I have no idea. Not enough to go on.

So, IXXJ seems to be the most accurate I can get, with a slight leaning towards T. I agree, for the most part, with the rest of Jock's typings. Except maybe von Hammersmark. She seemed Fe, not Fi.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Ah! You beat me to this thread :D

Aldo Raine- ESTX (though I'm leaning towards ESTJ)
Donny Donowitz "The Bear Jew"- ENFJ? I don't see ESFP, but I'm not sure I could recognize one if I saw one.
Hugo Stiglitz- ISTP (he's got a bad case of ISTP strong and silent for sure)
Shosanna Dreyfus- IXFP. I think she has the ice cold Fi thing going on.
Bridget von Hammersmark- ESFJ?
Hans Landa- ENTP. His ability to manipulate and his expressiveness screams strong use of Fe, in my opinion. As previously mentioned, Js aren't the only ones who can scheme :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shosanna Dreyfus- IXFP. I think she has the ice cold Fi thing going on.

Exactly my reasoning.

I think that the jew hunter was an ENFJ because he was just such an expert in Fe... he always made people feel safe or comfortable even when he had opposing intentions. I dunno, he made a very pleasant atmosphere about him even though he was a bad guy and had bad intentions.

But my initial typing of him was ENTP, but I thought ENFJ at the end after thinking it through a bit more.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Exactly my reasoning.

I think that the jew hunter was an ENFJ because he was just such an expert in Fe... he always made people feel safe or comfortable even when he had opposing intentions. I dunno, he made a very pleasant atmosphere about him even though he was a bad guy and had bad intentions.

But my initial typing of him was ENTP, but I thought ENFJ at the end after thinking it through a bit more.

See, I thought that was more of a show, glossing over his real ENTJ and utilitarian motivations. I got the impression it was really all just a wonderfully construed facade with the implicit intent of this gregariousness as a tool to control and dominate the interaction, not to forge genuine connection with those he was speaking to. At his core he was completely ruthless, self centered, and very much an abstract utilitarian.

EDIT: I can also see ISFP for Shosanna too. Ice cold Fi is a good way to put it. Not much to go on there, like Orangey said. I think that may be been what I meant, and for von Hammersmark to be ISFJ, might have gotten them mixed up.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram

Yeah, I definitely see the Fe, but I can't imagine him being Fe dom. It seemed to me that he used it more as a tool then as his primary mode of functioning. Although I could see an ENFJ whipping out that ridiculous-looking pipe :D

Re: him being an ENTJ though, as cunning as ENTJs are, I don't think they're ever able to disguise their motives that well. ENTJs tend to be steamrollers even at their most delicate and charming.

I'm gonna watch it again as soon as it's out on DVD, assuming I don't go back to the theater and shell out another $7 dollars---I really enjoyed it. So much so, that I'm willing to forgive Tarantino for the disappointment that was Death Proof.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I hate violence, but this movie is fucking righteous.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yeah, I definitely see the Fe, but I can't imagine him being Fe dom. It seemed to me that he used it more as a tool then as his primary mode of functioning. Although I could see an ENFJ whipping out that ridiculous-looking pipe :D

Re: him being an ENTJ though, as cunning as ENTJs are, I don't think they're ever able to disguise their motives that well. ENTJs tend to be steamrollers even at their most delicate and charming.

I'm gonna watch it again as soon as it's out on DVD, assuming I don't go back to the theater and shell out another $7 dollars---I really enjoyed it. So much so, that I'm willing to forgive Tarantino for the disappointment that was Death Proof.

Oh I don't know about that. For example, Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias from Watchmen. ENTJ right there, with a phenomenally cordial, pleasant, proffesional presence far like Herr Landa, yet his motivations are completely utlitarian. Does a Fe-dom just ABANDON their home country at the first sniff of a potential clean getaway like Landa does? No attachment to country whatsoever, and once again, utilitarian use of the people around him.

I know what you mean about steamrollers though. Voldemort, another ENTJ, was a steamroller.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Oh I don't know about that. For example, Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias from Watchmen. ENTJ right there, with a phenomenally cordial, pleasant, proffesional presence far like Herr Landa, yet his motivations are completely utlitarian.
I don't know as sadly, I've never seen Watchmen :cry: But I'll take your word for it?
Does a Fe-dom just ABANDON their home country at the first sniff of a potential clean getaway like Landa does? No attachment to country whatsoever, and once again, utilitarian use of the people around him.
Which is exactly why I don't think he could possibly be an Fe-dom, but rather a user of tertiary Fe.
I know what you mean about steamrollers though. Voldemort, another ENTJ, was a steamroller.
He did play innocent pretty well though, which would back up your argument of ENTJs not coming off as forceful and domineering all of the time. Perhaps it's just the ones I know, as in my experience they seem to be entirely lacking subtlety and finesse.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't know as sadly, I've never seen Watchmen :cry: But I'll take your word for it?

Which is exactly why I don't think he could possibly be an Fe-dom, but rather a user of tertiary Fe.

True, I'd go ENTP before I'd guess ENFJ, though I still think the ENJ mentality is there: A domineering presence, very "go getter," and very present in the environment as he controls it, while an ENTP would be far more passive/perceptive and a bit more reactive, I think.

He did play innocent pretty well though, which would back up your argument of ENTJs not coming off as forceful and domineering all of the time. Perhaps it's just the ones I know, as in my experience they seem to be entirely lacking subtlety and finesse.

Very good point about Voldy, when known as Tom Riddle he played teachers and others like a fiddle, he was very persuasive and remarkably similar to our Hans Landa. You just made the best case for Landa as ENTJ with that comparison ;)

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
True, I'd go ENTP before I'd guess ENFJ, though I still think the ENJ mentality is there: A domineering presence, very "go getter," and very present in the environment as he controls it, while an ENTP would be far more passive/perceptive and a bit more reactive, I think.
That's true, he does seem to have a very active presence in everything that's going on.
Very good point about Voldy, when known as Tom Riddle he played teachers and others like a fiddle, he was very persuasive and remarkably similar to our Hans Landa. You just made the best case for Landa as ENTJ with that comparison ;)

:dry: Dammit.

I'm sticking by my guns anyway :2ar15: Especially as I'm not 100% convinced that Voldemort was an ENTJ. Take that!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
That's true, he does seem to have a very active presence in everything that's going on.

:dry: Dammit.

I'm sticking by my guns anyway :2ar15: Especially as I'm not 100% convinced that Voldemort was an ENTJ. Take that!

:laugh:

No? I don't want to derail, but what do you think he is?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
:laugh:

No? I don't want to derail, but what do you think he is?

ENTJ seems as good a guess as any, though he is much calmer and more reserved than most Te doms. I fall more into the "Voldy=INXJ" camp.

But anyway...:D