• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Screech Powers = INTP?

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I know in my last post I said I'm not a big fan of celebrity typing, but this post is about discussing a character portrayed in a TV show. I've thought about this, and I've concluded that Screech from Saved by the Bell is a bad portrayal of an INTP.

He should be an I, but to make him more entertaining, he acts more like an E. He's usually seen around his friends, though, so it's not too bad for him to act more like an E.

His dorkiness and intelligence definitely support intuition.

To make him more entertaining, they also make him act like an F at times, so they can have those touching, sentimental moments that make the TV audience (or audience track) go "awww."

His lack of common sense and social sense and general weirdness would support the idea that he's a P type and an INTP overall. These characteristics are rather exaggerated, though, to make him more entertaining.

Do you people agree that he's a bad portrayal of an INTP? Feel free to discuss other Saved by the Bell characters here, too, if you'd like.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
He doesn't seem intellectual or detached in the way an INTP would likely be. His ideas don't seem quite as well thought out... he might be an INTP, but far from a realistic portrayal of one. I don't think you can reasonably guess the types of sitcom characters though, since they have often inconsistent and unrealistic behavior.

To me, he's just an IxxP, and basically a mish-mosh of several different "nerd" behaviors exhibited by types which are actually very different from one another.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
To me, he's just an IxxP, and basically a mish-mosh of several different "nerd" behaviors exhibited by types which are actually very different from one another.

well said