• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Glenn Beck

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can't really describe someone like him. But whenever he rambles (like Palin) I have an adverse reaction that goes like this :huh::shrug::rolli::rofl1:

But apparently, he seems to have his own little ideal America that apparently isn't going into his "right" direction.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFJ to the point of parody.

VictorClimacus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4x3
...So, that's mostly the difference. I think Glenn Beck is an emtionally manipulative lying dick who just wants to make an easy buck based on, you know, things that actually happened. Glenn Beck hates everyone he hates because he's an emotionally manipulative lying dick who just wants to make an easy buck.

Don't forget that the emotionally-manipulative Glenn Beck is a also a nightly news pundit and far from unique in that respect. My guess is that he "Lies!" and uses the word "Nazi" about as much as his left-wing counterpart, Keith Olbermann. At least, that's judging from all the people online who are busy spewing hate about Keith Olbermann.

I mean, come on!:

Olbermann Watch Lists Keith's Top Ten Lies of 2007 | NewsBusters.org
Real Truth Online: Keith Olbermann Lies; Says Climate Change Means “Where It’s Supposed To Get Cold, It Gets Colder"
Glenn Beck - Fusion - Anatomy of a Keith Olbermann Lie (ahaha)
YouTube - Olbermann - Fool or Liar?
Power Line - Keith Olbermann, liar
Perennial Undershtupper Olbermann Worst Liar in the World - Atlas Shrugs
Keith Olbermann's Ego: Lies. Lies. Lies.

I wonder if they hate him because he's such a big liar or if he's such a big liar because they hate him? I really don't know, but it reminds me of much of the response toward Beck. The procedure is to flame, discredit, and, in the trend I decried earlier, irrationally extend one's hatred and dismissal onto the target's viewers and their unsteadily-represented ideological foundations. Olbermann makes such an incendiary spokesperson that he damages both sides. That's my gripe with Beck as well, and with all those who play the flame game. It's just one side's army spewing insults at the other's and people getting too caught up in it to even address the topic of a thread that tries to remain above the spreading circle of nonsense.

Also, regardless of tea partiers intelligence, I'd guess most watch almost exclusivelt Fox News. This makes them the least politically informed audience of any newsource except Network Morning Shows according to the PEW research center (though, to be fair, O'Reilly viewers were more well informed than other Fox viewers, though less well informed than Daily Show or Colbert Report viewers or people who get their news from major newspaper websites).

Yes. In fact, the O'Reilly Factor, in all of its superiority to the Glenn Beck show, ranked 4th out of the 16 categories, beating even CNN by 10, 2, and 8 percentage points, which in turn surpassed Fox News by 6, 0, and 6. Clearly then, those teabaggers who watch the Fox News Channel exclusively (before tuning out when that damned, dirty, dishonorable ape, Bill O'Reilly comes on) are the real fools.

Excuse me for being snarky. Really, I'm not trying to antagonize or start an argument, and nor am I lumping you in with the pyromaniacs. The point is that I hate conflict, and therefore I must complain about the raging Beck-hatred on this forum, which I disagree with far, far less (I don't, really) than I detest because it is gratingly asinine.

G

Ginkgo

Whichever type believes this happened:

jesus-christ-in-america.jpg

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I think the more amazing question is: How is he still on Fox/alive? He has pissed off enough people.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
He is not a thinker. He goes on and on about his "Values". I'm thinking ENFJ...maybe ESFJ

I don't think he's insane, I think it's largely an act. Supposedly, in private, people that know Beck will tell you the same thing. He's a political shock-jock. It's especially evident when he fake cries... probably an ENFJ.

Though, he is a Mormon.

I could go with that. Glenn Beck annoys me, NFPs annoy me.... so, yeah. He does have that whole obsession with his values while superficially pretending to be open-minded thing.

Ah. But seriously, I'd guess some kind of ExFx type. ESFJ, ENFJ, ExTP (with developed Tertiary), and ENFP all seem like good guesses. He definitely isn't an ESFP, though.

Really manipulative ENFJ. F/T is particularly balanced. Guy's playing a role on TV, and obviously gets his rocks off on how he can make people react a certain way like clockwork.

My vote is ENFJ. Beck is certainly an emotionally-driven pundit, who gets fired up about moral/ethical issues especially. He is good with language, very outgoing, a good rabble rouser who is not untalented in the leadership department. He also loves analogies and theories, as anyone who has seen his show can attest (He just loves that chalkboard.). He is also a bit of a fetishist for moral rules, principles, and, like the typical right-winger, has a bend toward the defense of the traditional--he likes his ideas and values to be the time-tested ones.

ENFJ to the point of parody.

First Hitler...now this! :doh:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm... not sure why there aren't more actual stabs at his type rather than little quips that don't mean anything-- as there are already pages of them.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Becks is an idiot. And I doubt I'll like or
get along with anyone that likes him.... I think he's ESFJ

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm... not sure why there aren't more actual stabs at his type rather than little quips that don't mean anything-- as there are already pages of them.

But ridiculing at people like Glenn Beck and Palin is fun!

If you really want me to, I'd say he is an ENFJ. Just for JoSunshine. :newwink:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I thoroughly disagree with certain aspects of Beck's politics, but I actually agree with much of what he says (I'm a Right Libertarian - kiss my ass if you don't like it :smooch:), and I enjoy his style quite a bit.

I'm surprised no one else feels that way---but then again, it's definitely not the first time I've been in this position.

Story of my life. :violin: :D

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
But ridiculing at people like Glenn Beck and Palin is fun!

If you really want me to, I'd say he is an ENFJ. Just for JoSunshine. :newwink:

I'm going to bed now! *stomps off to put on jammies*

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Sounds like people would rather stab him.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzDFEKEH8QA&feature=player_embedded#!"]Glenn Beck - Soupy Sales[/YOUTUBE]

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think the more amazing question is: How is he still on Fox/alive? He has pissed off enough people.

For every person Glenn has pissed off, there is another person who considers him the "voice of reason".

I think he's an ESFJ- teritary Ne is obvious, primary Fe is even more obvious.. even if a lot of it is just show- Fe is good at pretending to do that stuff.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So, it seems like we're deciding between:

ESTJ, ESTP, ENFJ, ESFJ, and ENFP... right? So we're pretty sure of NF or ST. We know he's not an NT, and probably not an SF.

Let's continue.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think people are incorrectly associating enfj with e21 (which have a dramatic flair about them), but his ability to reason is very limited by assuming the worst most every situation that I still think he's an esfj with a deeply shrouded (by his ability to sound important) Si.