• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Glenn Beck

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've come to think of Beck as an esfj. Just completely full of hot air with his shouting and raving. Plus he has the esfj multi-chin.

Shepard Smith is an example of an enfj. One of the most genuine news anchors on now.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
ESTP. Loud, tactical, concrete.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think he's insane, I think it's largely an act. Supposedly, in private, people that know Beck will tell you the same thing. He's a political shock-jock. It's especially evident when he fake cries... probably an ENFJ.

Though, he is a Mormon.
He is so blatantly fake that it is difficult to imagine anyone not seeing it. He does act mildly insane, though.

S

Sniffles

I just remembered the one time I tried to watch him and I got so tired of his incoherent ranting that I turned off the TV after 5 minutes.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Haha is this a "what type" or "let's bash" thread?

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
The only thing that comes to mind about Glenn Beck is that he's a moron.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Naturally/comfortably stuck on 11 for volume
Way too proud for someone who is wrong from just about every ethical standpoint.
Doesn't make any sense/massive amounts of wasted energy.

esfj, depressingly straight & true.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The question here is whether it's an act to woo the kind of people who would agree with whatever he says in the first place because he's on Fox News, or whether he actually believes what he says, which is the scarier option, and also the one I tend to believe. Which in my mind makes him a batsh*t crazy ENFP.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have to lean T. He fakes F. Once, when he was still a DJ, he called up a rival DJ's wife and made fun of her for having a miscarriage on live radio because his rival "couldn't do anything right." This guy is a cold, unfeeling dick who probably doesn't believe word one of the shit he spews, but does it because it makes him money. ENTJ, maybe. The character he plays on his show is ENFP, probably.

VictorClimacus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4x3
I have to disagree with the S-labeling and the Moron-labeling. Beck's style screams an extraverted and possibly ADHD iNtuitive who also happens to be a professional at bombastic ranting. He is a master of emotional manipulation and persuasion, who can bring the fringes to his side and send his enemies reeling back. And while this could all be part of an on-screen act, his persona, with all of the spontaneous antics and convincing emotion, is, even if contrived, unlikely to deviate much from the real man. His style is just that: His. What we see and hear on screen is, regardless of stage directions, 99% Glen Beck.

Back in my adolescent neo-con days, I loved LOVED Glen Beck for his oratory skill, obvious wit, sense of humor, and warmth toward the rest of the clan. Today, I can still accede that the man has an obvious moral intelligence and idealism, as indicated by his libertarian leanings and passionate convictions, love of moral principle, and gift of gab (most likely has a combination of high Fe, high Ni, and well-developed tertiary Ti perhaps).

My vote is ENFJ. Beck is certainly an emotionally-driven pundit, who gets fired up about moral/ethical issues especially. He is good with language, very outgoing, a good rabble rouser who is not untalented in the leadership department. He also loves analogies and theories, as anyone who has seen his show can attest (He just loves that chalkboard.). He is also a bit of a fetishist for moral rules, principles, and, like the typical right-winger, has a bend toward the defense of the traditional--he likes his ideas and values to be the time-tested ones.

I must also add that such a strong desire to discredit and discount Beck's ideas (for which his style makes a poor spokesman) and those of the associated right-wing/libertarian crossover called the Tea Party is disconcerting, because it shows that Beck's style of speaking, in all of its bombast, is as effective at sending his enemies running in blind ignorance as it is at drawing viewers through the same means. Let's not forget the fact that the man and his followers are, individually, no more moronic than the constituents of any other political faction this day or the last. Half of their perceived insanity is just culturally relative ( "Don't Treat on Me" is just not in vogue now). Most of the remainder is because, again, Beck style makes for a delivery that is polarizing in the worst way possible. As the emotions soar, both sides become increasingly irrational.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The thing is, I've never come across an enfj who is as confusing as Beck, nor one who is as into verbally mucking up whichever point is trying to be made. The lack of concise emotional insight cultures immense disrespect in my mind.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I must also add that such a strong desire to discredit and discount Beck's ideas (for which his style makes a poor spokesman) and those of the associated right-wing/libertarian crossover called the Tea Party is disconcerting, because it shows that Beck's style of speaking, in all of its bombast, is as effective at sending his enemies running in blind ignorance as it is at drawing viewers through the same means. Let's not forget the fact that the man and his followers are, individually, no more moronic than the constituents of any other political faction this day or the last. Half of their perceived insanity is just culturally relative ( "Don't Treat on Me" is just not in vogue now). Most of the remainder is because, again, Beck style makes for a delivery that is polarizing in the worst way possible. As the emotions soar, both sides become increasingly irrational.

When I'm discrediting Beck by dissecting words on a chalkboard to make up new words out of the letters (because, for some reason, evil people think it's a good idea to leave DaVinci Code clues lying around) like I'm Jim Carrey in the Number 23, or when I'm constantly comparing anyone who isn't a Nazi nor has seriously suggested committing genocide to Hitler or Stalin regularly, yeah, then I'll be as irrational as Glenn Beck. For now, I'm just gonna have to assume he's a dick because he makes fun of miscarriages and thinks 9/11 victims families should "shut up," and thinks he needs to ask a Muslim Senator to prove he's not working with America's enemies. Or untrustworthy because most of his claims lack any proof and he fellaciously says things like Van Jones served prison time, or wrongly claiming no president ever took office without swearing on a Bible except Obama, and politifact, a non-partisan site, called him out when claimed only the US had a citizenship at birth provision and when he said a White House director wanted mandatory abortions and tainted water to control the population. This is just the flatout wrong information I found in just ten minutes. You may notice that this post has a couple subjective conclusions based on factual evidence, but is not heavily emotionally manipulative. I have not invoke Nazis or 9/11 in an inappropriate context to make Beck seem evil or make people reading more scared (in fact, I actively denounced the idea of comparing him to a Nazi).

So, that's mostly the difference. I think Glenn Beck is an emtionally manipulative lying dick who just wants to make an easy buck based on, you know, things that actually happened. Glenn Beck hates everyone he hates because he's an emotionally manipulative lying dick who just wants to make an easy buck.

Also, regardless of tea partiers intelligence, I'd guess most watch almost exclusivelt Fox News. This makes them the least politically informed audience of any newsource except Network Morning Shows according to the PEW research center (though, to be fair, O'Reilly viewers were more well informed than other Fox viewers, though less well informed than Daily Show or Colbert Report viewers or people who get their news from major newspaper websites).

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think his visual aids are really funny. They really make an effort, like the friendly and clear chalk printing on blackboard, etc.