• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Secret Window"

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Anyone see this movie?

Morty Rainey - INFP
"Shooter" - INTJ
Amy Rainey - ISFJ
Ted - ENTJ
Ken (officer) - ISTJ

Last edited:

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
SPOILERS ALERT

For Mort, i lean towards F because whereas Shooter is the part of him which has a 'rational' course of action, Mort hides in his dreamland, and when he goes a little mental, he hides behind his characters, when i'm depressed i lay about and hide in fantasy too.
INFPs can definitely wallow, and become maudlin, rendering them unable to work, Shooter is far less concerned with how Mort feels and takes a far more business like approach ie 'You stole my story,' and you'd better fix it or else.

Since they are both Mort really, they would make a pretty well rounded introvert if used correctly.

Last edited:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
SPOILERS ALERT

For Mort, i lean towards F because whereas Shooter is the part of him which has a 'rational' course of action, Mort hides in his dreamland, and when he goes a little mental, he hides behind his characters, when i'm depressed i lay about and hide in fantasy too.
INFPs can definitely wallow, and become maudlin, rendering them unable to work, Shooter is far less concerned with how Mort feels and takes a far more business like approach ie 'You stole my story,' and you'd better fix it or else.

Since they are both Mort really, they would make a pretty well rounded introvert if used correctly.

Yeah, you are right, I was originally leaning toward F for Mort anyway, I think INFP is correct. As for Shooter, what do you think about INTJ? I think that's pretty accurate for him.

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, you are right, I was originally leaning toward F for Mort anyway, I think INFP is correct. As for Shooter, what do you think about INTJ? I think that's pretty accurate for him.

Yeah it is accurate. Shooter counters the sluggish sentimentality in Mort with his direct and unwavering approach, each possesses what the other lacks in terms of decision making and action style

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah it is accurate. Shooter counters the sluggish sentimentality in Mort with his direct and unwavering approach, each possesses what the other lacks in terms of decision making and action style

Yeah, plus the guy seems a little too twisted and Intuitive to be ISTJ.

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
I think ISTJs come across as less 'otherworldly' and in a sense less intimidating than INTJs tend to seem, especially on screen, so i'd tend to agree about Shooter.