• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Project Runway

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Types?

Here's my guesses:

Heidi Klum - ESFJ
Michael Korrs - ENFP
Nina - INTJ
Tim Gunn - ENFJ

Past Designers:

Santino Rice - ENFP
Daniel Vosovic - INFP
Jeffrey Sebelia - INTP
Laura Bennet - ESFJ
Uli Herzner - ISFP
Michael Knight - ISFP
Rami Kashou - ISFP
Chris March - ENFJ
Kenley Collins - ENFP
Jerrell Scott - ESFP
Christian Siriano - ENFP
Leanne Marshall - INFJ

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Heidi seems bitchy...she seems to try and radiate authority, but she just comes across as unnecessarily cold.

Tim Gunn is high on Fe.

Michael Korrs seems kind.

Nina is very critical, but not cruel the way Heidi seems to aspire to.

I have no idea on the contestants' types...I'm watching the 6th season now.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I do watch it sometimes when bored out of my brain.

Heidi Klum though, thank gosh she has her looks. She seems so stupid.
Read a book love.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nina is critical in a non-personal way, which is why I tagged her as INTJ. She also grasps concepts pretty well and seems very controlled.

I don't dislike Heidi Klum, or think she's stupid or mean (I think the authoritative tone is an act to add a dramatic feeling to the show). Although I agree she is not Fe-dom after all. Maybe ESFP? I hesitate to hand out ESFP to every blond with big boobs though, haha. However, when she does get authoritative, it reminds me of my ESFP sister who gets accused of bossiness sometimes. Heidi also relates every design to her personal taste and bases her judgments on whether she would personally wear it, which seems like Se Fi. I think she looks at things very literally and from a practical viewpoint, and she seems annoyed with very conceptual design. So ESFP seems pretty good.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I agree with you on Nina Garcia, Tim Gunn (aww, I love ENFJs!), Uli, Michael Knight, and Leanne.

However, I think Heidi is a T. I remember one episode when Kenley was rude as shit and condescending to Heidi, and Heidi completely ignored the slight like it didn't even register. I think most feelers would have bristled at that kind of blatant rudeness. Heidi's probably extravert. Maybe a sensor? I have no idea on the J versus P. Sometimes I have trouble ascertaining personality type on foreigners, so she's kind of a wild card for me, though I do feel strongly that she's a thinker.

I think Michael Korrs is a J. He seems very definitive and judgmental in his critiques.

I think Laura Bennett is a T. My off-the-cuff guess would be ENTJ. They are the most amazingly organized and impressive people I know, and Laura Bennett is super put together and expert at managing her career plus zillion kids.

Kenley. Oh good lord Kenley. Beautiful girl, beautiful clothes, but holy crap she is SUCH a brat. I was always yelling at her on the t.v. screen. An unhealthy thinking judger (TJ) if I've ever seen one. Definitely an extravert, so that leaves screwed-up ESTJ or screwed-up ENTJ. She was arrested recently for assaulting her ex-fiance by the way.

Types?

Here's my guesses:

Heidi Klum - ESFJ
Michael Korrs - ENFP
Nina - INTJ
Tim Gunn - ENFJ

Past Designers:

Santino Rice - ENFP
Daniel Vosovic - INFP
Jeffrey Sebelia - INTP
Laura Bennet - ESFJ
Uli Herzner - ISFP
Michael Knight - ISFP
Rami Kashou - ISFP
Chris March - ENFJ
Kenley Collins - ENFP
Jerrell Scott - ESFP
Christian Siriano - ENFP
Leanne Marshall - INFJ

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with you on Nina Garcia, Tim Gunn (aww, I love ENFJs!), Uli, Michael Knight, and Leanne.

However, I think Heidi is a T. I remember one episode when Kenley was rude as shit and condescending to Heidi, and Heidi completely ignored the slight like it didn't even register. I think most feelers would have bristled at that kind of blatant rudeness. Heidi's probably extravert. Maybe a sensor? I have no idea on the J versus P. Sometimes I have trouble ascertaining personality type on foreigners, so she's kind of a wild card for me, though I do feel strongly that she's a thinker.

I think Michael Korrs is a J. He seems very definitive and judgmental in his critiques.

I think Laura Bennett is a T. My off-the-cuff guess would be ENTJ. They are the most amazingly organized and impressive people I know, and Laura Bennett is super put together and expert at managing her career plus zillion kids.

Kenley. Oh good lord Kenley. Beautiful girl, beautiful clothes, but holy crap she is SUCH a brat. I was always yelling at her on the t.v. screen. An unhealthy thinking judger (TJ) if I've ever seen one. Definitely an extravert, so that leaves screwed-up ESTJ or screwed-up ENTJ. She was arrested recently for assaulting her ex-fiance by the way.

I thought that Heidi's standards were very subjective, that's why I went with Fi-aux. I had trouble pinning her also. As I said before, I think her presence on the show is a bit of an act. All I can say is ESXX then.

Michael Korrs' sense of humor seems very Ne to me, and he actually seems to really take into consideration the designers' viewpoint and conception. He has the ENFP bubblyness. Compare him to Tim Gunn, who is more composed, and less swayed by hearing the designer's vision.

I agree Laura Bennett is probably a T, but I'd say ESTJ then. Her design seems Si, not very conceptual, but based on classic standards of elegance.

Kenley is waaay too emotional to be a T, IMO. She also cannot take criticism at all. I would say unhealthy Fi-aux.... In any case, she's a bit of a basket case :D

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes Kors does seem very N-ish.

I still think Kenley's a very unhealthy ExTJ though. Under stress, types move to their "shadow" side, taking on the negative traits of their opposite. I've been surprised time and again at the sentimental, overly emotional streaks that the ExTJs in my life occasionally display. So I think she was channeling her very negative, poorly developed IxFP shadow self during her little meltdowns. (Doing those timed projects and living in close quarters on Project Runway has got to be pretty stressful and "shadow" inducing.) Kenley's grandiose sense of entitlement, self absorption, and lack of empathy are traits of narcissistic personality disorder, which correlates with ExTJ types. Also, when she wasn't having temper tantrums she was decidedly un-feelerish, talking shit about others and bragging about her own abilities.

But anyway. Just my humble opinion.

I thought that Heidi's standards were very subjective, that's why I went with Fi-aux. I had trouble pinning her also. As I said before, I think her presence on the show is a bit of an act. All I can say is ESXX then.

Michael Korrs' sense of humor seems very Ne to me, and he actually seems to really take into consideration the designers' viewpoint and conception. He has the ENFP bubblyness. Compare him to Tim Gunn, who is more composed, and less swayed by hearing the designer's vision.

I agree Laura Bennett is probably a T, but I'd say ESTJ then. Her design seems Si, not very conceptual, but based on classic standards of elegance.

Kenley is waaay too emotional to be a T, IMO. She also cannot take criticism at all. I would say unhealthy Fi-aux.... In any case, she's a bit of a basket case :D

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes Kors does seem very N-ish.

I still think Kenley's a very unhealthy ExTJ though. Under stress, types move to their "shadow" side, taking on the negative traits of their opposite. I've been surprised time and again at the sentimental, overly emotional streaks that the ExTJs in my life occasionally display. So I think she was channeling her very negative, poorly developed IxFP shadow self during her little meltdowns. (Doing those timed projects and living in close quarters on Project Runway has got to be pretty stressful and "shadow" inducing.) Kenley's grandiose sense of entitlement, self absorption, and lack of empathy are traits of narcissistic personality disorder, which correlates with ExTJ types. Also, when she wasn't having temper tantrums she was decidedly un-feelerish, talking shit about others and bragging about her own abilities.

But anyway. Just my humble opinion. :newwink:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, when she wasn't having temper tantrums she was decidedly un-feelerish, talking shit about others and bragging about her own abilities.

This is true, and the shadow theory is interesting. Although, if she is really unhealthy it might be pointless to type her. All I get for sure is ENXX then. I'm going with N because I cannot see her as Si with her design style. Laura is a good example of Te Si design, IMO.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Heidi Klum ENTP

Heidi as an ENTP huh? Interesting. I can see where you're coming from on the E, T, and P. I kind of see her being an ESTP before an ENTP though. She seems like a free spirit (SP) but not to the degree that an NP would be. Also, she doesn't have that extraverted intuition kookiness that most Ne doms have -- I think an ENTP's personality would be more fiery and over-the-top. Her clothing style -- very stylish and attractive but usually not too far out of the norm -- seems more ESTP than ENTP to me. I think an ENTP would push the envelope more than she does.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heidi as an ENTP huh? Interesting. I can see where you're coming from on the E, T, and P. I kind of see her being an ESTP before an ENTP though. She seems like a free spirit (SP) but not to the degree that an NP would be. Also, she doesn't have that extraverted intuition kookiness that most Ne doms have -- I think an ENTP's personality would be more fiery and over-the-top. Her clothing style -- very stylish and attractive but usually not too far out of the norm -- seems more ESTP than ENTP to me. I think an ENTP would push the envelope more than she does.

This seems like a pretty good evaluation. I can buy ESTP for her :yes: